Author Topic: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29063 times)

Re: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2014, 12:58:13 am »
traded a couple famicom games to theflea for jedi outcast for GCN

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2014, 01:03:20 am »
Nice CDX pickup theflea.

Good fortune smiles upon thee!

:)

desocietas

« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2014, 01:30:18 am »
Thanks Fox.  Im not sure if I should be excited or not.  Weird how a European copy made it to my local goodwill.  I bet theres an interesting story behind that donation.

Ha, it's like how we found a German version of The Sims donated to a local store today.

For a second, I thought it was some weird spoof game called "Die Sims."
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kevininja

« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2014, 10:10:38 am »
Picked up The Last of Us (PS3) and Final Fantasy III (NDS), never played a Final Fantasy game before so this is a first!

blipcs76

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2014, 10:40:10 am »
Found a lonely blue Wii sitting by itself at a sale this weekend (no cables or Wiimote though), but it was only $15.  Glad to have that one, tracking down black and red will be much easier.

foxhack

« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2014, 11:45:10 am »
Picked up a complete Armored Core: Master of Arena for PS1. Probably gonna use it for trading.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2014, 12:50:20 pm »
Found a lonely blue Wii sitting by itself at a sale this weekend (no cables or Wiimote though), but it was only $15.  Glad to have that one, tracking down black and red will be much easier.

Wasn't that a Walmart exclusive for only 1 Christmas. It'll be hard to find later.

blipcs76

« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2014, 02:19:33 pm »

Wasn't that a Walmart exclusive for only 1 Christmas. It'll be hard to find later.

I'm pretty sure it was.  I think its the first one I've ever actually seen, so yeah it's probably going to be pretty hard to find once the Wii becomes a collectible system.

karyann

« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2014, 02:58:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure it was.  I think its the first one I've ever actually seen, so yeah it's probably going to be pretty hard to find once the Wii becomes a collectible system.

I saw it bundled with Skylanders at Toys'r'us once, but yeah it's probably going to be very hard to find anyway. Still a pretty limited release as far as I know,

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2014, 03:04:35 pm »
I know where one with the matching Wiimote and nunchuck is.  ;)

« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2014, 05:24:20 pm »
Been holding back on much hunting lately, but I went to the thrift shop today and found Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution on the PS2 today.  been kinda getting into fighting games more, so since I never had a Virtua Fighter game, it might be worth grabbing.

blipcs76

« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2014, 01:07:54 am »
I know where one with the matching Wiimote and nunchuck is.  ;)

The guy said he had the Wiimote for it, but had to get it from a friends house, so I gave him my number.  Still haven't gotten a call yet.  I might stop by later in the week if I don't hear from him and demand my baby blue Wiimote!

blipcs76

« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2014, 01:09:47 am »
Aside from the blue Wii I picked up, I also got a box of stuff from a fellow collector who's purging his stuff.  So I got a 2600 4 switch, a 2600 Jr. and a 5200!  I've been looking for a 5200 for years and finally have one now.  Unfortunately, there's no controllers and knowing how flaky 5200 controllers are, this is going to be an uphill battle to find some that work and aren't too expensive.

pacpix

« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2014, 01:55:11 am »
Aside from the blue Wii I picked up, I also got a box of stuff from a fellow collector who's purging his stuff.  So I got a 2600 4 switch, a 2600 Jr. and a 5200!  I've been looking for a 5200 for years and finally have one now.  Unfortunately, there's no controllers and knowing how flaky 5200 controllers are, this is going to be an uphill battle to find some that work and aren't too expensive.
Awesome!  The 5200 has interested me for a while, but it sounds like a lot of work to keep the controllers functional.  I am surprised that nobody has made a better controller for the system.  Plus I don't know where I would put that giant beast  :P  Did you get a two or four controller port system?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

blipcs76

« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2014, 09:41:23 am »
Awesome!  The 5200 has interested me for a while, but it sounds like a lot of work to keep the controllers functional.  I am surprised that nobody has made a better controller for the system.  Plus I don't know where I would put that giant beast  :P  Did you get a two or four controller port system?

I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet, but I think its the two port system.