Author Topic: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28903 times)

karyann

Re: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2014, 02:35:33 pm »
I've seen a $10 Xbox at the thriftstore too, but after hearing that so many of them break, I didn't want to take any chances and just left it there. After 3 broken PS2 controllers (which is 100% of the controllers I've bought there), I'd say my luck is on the "broken" side.  :-\

davifus

« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2014, 02:47:38 pm »
I've seen a $10 Xbox at the thriftstore too, but after hearing that so many of them break, I didn't want to take any chances and just left it there. After 3 broken PS2 controllers (which is 100% of the controllers I've bought there), I'd say my luck is on the "broken" side.  :-\

Bad Luck Karyann
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2014, 03:17:05 pm »
You guys fail to see the true gem in the CD:

MARKY. MARK. ;D

Do you mean that guy who plays in movies and is ashamed he used to be a rapper??   ;) :D

Na, I think that's Ice Cube.  Or was it Ice Tea?  Cherry Flavored Icee?  Iunno.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2014, 04:23:39 pm »
Na, I think that's Ice Cube.  Or was it Ice Tea?  Cherry Flavored Icee?  Iunno.  :P

Pain. The pain that comes every day that I try to hide from my past. The past that keeps hounding me, a moment of weakness brought on by the white avalanche of warmth that flew straight into my nostrils, and compelled me to wear tight underwear as thousands of screaming teenagers tried to get even a glimpse of me. Their wailing crescendos always hounding me. Perhaps becoming the next motion picture superstar will help me ease the pain.

... yeah okay I'm not that good of a writer.

« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2014, 04:38:08 pm »
While not crazy good deals on these, they were both basically under the general store/ebay pricing from the looks of it.  This brings up my Pokemon game collection to 4 with Sapphire and X.

foxhack

« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2014, 07:18:19 pm »

Okay, after digging info on that PC game to add it to the site, I found out that it was released on PS2 a year earlier as "Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer". Has anyone played it?

spac316

« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2014, 09:23:35 pm »
Today I got Backyard Wrestling 1&2 for XBox, Wave Race Blue Storm for Gamecube, Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle for Genesis, Rad Racer II and Legendary Wings for NES and DuckTales for Game Boy!

I also reached a couple personal collection milestones, I reach 140 games for NES and just got 1100 games for my overall collection!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2014, 09:50:11 pm »
Today I got Backyard Wrestling 1&2 for XBox, Wave Race Blue Storm for Gamecube, Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle for Genesis, Rad Racer II and Legendary Wings for NES and DuckTales for Game Boy!

I also reached a couple personal collection milestones, I reach 140 games for NES and just got 1100 games for my overall collection!

Legendary Wings is underrated. I like it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2014, 11:39:40 pm »

Congrats on your milestone!

I'm trying to break the 500 items Mark without padding.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2014, 12:14:10 am »

It's one of my favorite NES shoot-em ups.

spac316

« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2014, 01:25:11 am »

Yeah it's fun but rather difficult.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2014, 08:06:53 am »
I grabbed Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday at Hastings for $4. I don't expect it to be very good, but I like the Looney Toons and the price was right.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2014, 01:15:20 pm »

Yeah it's fun but rather difficult.

It's just like every other shoot-em up from the era, memorize the enemy patterns.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2014, 09:12:20 pm »
Finally got around to getting Tales of Xillia 2... along with the stores last copy of the strategy guide for it..

davifus

« Reply #224 on: August 29, 2014, 09:13:26 pm »
Finally got around to getting Tales of Xillia 2... along with the stores last copy of the strategy guide for it..

Nice me too
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)