Author Topic: Top 5 Metallica Albums  (Read 1739 times)

retroone

Top 5 Metallica Albums
« on: August 08, 2014, 11:07:55 am »
Metallica is probably my favorite band ever(besides Rush). After seeing Through the Never on Netflix it taken me back to listen to all of their albums again. (Minus Load and Reload  :( ). So here are my Top 5 Favorite Metallica Albums and feel free to submit your own.

1. ...And Justice For All (Full on Metal)
2. St. Anger (First Metallica Album)
3. Death Magnetic (Back to the original Thrash style)
4. Kill em All (The one that started it all)
5. Metallica (The Black Album)

Now go crazy with replys.  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Top 5 Metallica Albums
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:56:40 pm »
But that's half their albums. They have 11 releases (if I counted right), and I was including Garage Inc which is nothing but a cover album, and I included S&M which is just a live album.

My single favorite Metallica album is Master of Puppets because Sanitarium, Orion, and Master of Puppets.

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 02:20:07 pm »
This Top 5 list doesn't work, since there are only 4 good Metallica albums.

Kill 'em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
And Justice For All

;D

Also, ST. ANGER?!  :o

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 05:58:31 pm »
Master of Puppets
Kill 'em All
Ride the Lightning
Garage Inc.  (love cover of Breadfan)
...And Justice for All

Black Album & Load/Re-Load get honorable mentions. The rest I don't even consider Metallica albums.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 07:26:50 pm »
Too fully put my top 5 out there, I'd probably have it basically be the first 5 albums is their best.  I did like Death Magnetic generally for an honorable mention, as more of a return to form, but they don't have a clue about writing any more.  So many of the songs, including their newest song they released, are way too long by like minutes at a time.  Of course they had long songs before, but they were all better musicians and writers back then and they could make a long 8 to 9 minute song like Call of Ktulu and keep people interested.  It's like they just wanted to show they still could do long songs, but have no idea what to do with them lol

slipknotsam

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 11:57:21 am »
Master of Puppets
Metallica (Black Album)
Kill 'Em All
Ride The Lightning
...And Justice For All (Mostly for ''Blackened'' and ''One'')

I like to look at Master of Puppets as a whole, and I mostly listen to it from beginning to the end. And as for the Black Album, It is hits after hits. Looking forward for your opinions!

Cheers! 

Now Playing:
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Catherine (PS3) - Working towards the platinum.
Ni No Kuni (PS3)

Speedrunning:
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES)

retroone

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 12:14:27 pm »
In my opinion I find that Master of Puppets and Ride the Lighting are great albums are great but way too overplayed.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 02:28:55 pm »
In my opinion I find that Master of Puppets and Ride the Lighting are great albums are great but way too overplayed.

Metallica in general is overplayed. But in my area, it's The Black Album that gets the most air-play.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 02:38:59 pm »
I'd probably say Black is overplayed, cause it was their big one, way more than the other two, but my favorite album is Ride the Lightning.

scott

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »
And Justice For All.
Master of Puppets
Ride the Lightning
Kill em All
Black

In that order.

HMs to
Reload & Death Magnetic

I can't even listen to St Anger tho. I own all their albums and that one sits on the shelf (I didn't even rip it to iTunes for my iPod).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 03:50:11 pm »
And Justice For All.
Master of Puppets
Ride the Lightning
Kill em All
Black

In that order.

HMs to
Reload & Death Magnetic

I can't even listen to St Anger tho. I own all their albums and that one sits on the shelf (I didn't even rip it to iTunes for my iPod).

If they hadn't of done Lulu, I would probably say St. Anger was the worst thing the band had done lol

scott

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 03:52:11 pm »
Oh ya. I forgot about Lulu. That's not on my iPod either. Though I did force myself to sit through its entirety, once.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 04:32:34 pm »
Oh ya. I forgot about Lulu. That's not on my iPod either. Though I did force myself to sit through its entirety, once.

I basically skimmed through every song.  I've never heard something as awful that ever.  That's not hyperbole or anything, I can't think of one album I've listened to where it was so painful and simply unlistenable.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 09:48:30 pm »
Yep, both St. Anger and Lulu sucked balls. Megadeth is still kicking ass, though.

"I am the table!" lol

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 11:03:47 pm »
Yep, both St. Anger and Lulu sucked balls. Megadeth is still kicking ass, though.

"I am the table!" lol

Well, as a Megadeth fan, I would agree up till Super Collider.  I thought that was a big misstep for them and has been the only thing since coming back with The System Has Failed that I don't like.