Author Topic: Gaming shows you enjoy!  (Read 5111 times)

maximo310

Re: Gaming shows you enjoy!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 09:08:05 pm »
As for actual TV shows though I absolutely love Game Center CX.

What ever happened to that YouTube Channel? I subbed it and the next thing I know is that it's either deleted or broken because the link doesn't work at all. And now I can't delete it from my sub list!!!

Also, for completion vids I like watching Square One Games's Road to Completion Videos. High quality stuff.

Other channels I watch:

Rurikhan
MFPallytime
EpicNameBro
Zemalf
EpicBattleAxe
MetalJesusRocks
Lord Nod
(in Spanish)
I didn't think there was an official channel for Game Center CX, since I had to jump around youtube and the net to find episodes, and most of the newer episodes from seasons 17+ 18 haven't been fully subbed yet. Most of the new episodes that have been subbed can only be downloaded as files to your computer from places like mega. I found a few downloads here: http://gamecentercx.tumblr.com/
Oh, and Game Center CX is coming out with a movie later this year as well to celebrate their 10th anniversary.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 11:49:04 pm »
Godly Tier:
Classic Game Room with Mark
Critikal
VIDEOGAMEDUNKEY
Fitzthistlewits

Okay Tier:
HyperBitHero (He did a great in-depth review on why TLOU was disappointing)
Matthewmatosis (Good W101 review)

Avoid At All Costs Tier:
Pewdiepie
Anyone forcing out "gaming" videos on youtube just for ad revenue (Angry Joe, Total Biscuit, etc)
IGN reviews
Gamespot reviews
The only reason you need to avoid Gamespot reviews is their Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze review. I couldn't believe what they were saying for how great of a game it was! They seem to have purged a bunch of their reviewers lately, such as Tom McShea.

You do know sites like IGN and Gamespot take bribes? They promote videogames, not review them.
Well they're not exactly bribes. Publishers like EA supply free deluxe limited collector copies of their games to reviewers and it's their job to play it for a hour and give a score thats between great to excellent as well as promote their game on their site through banner ads. That's the sad reality of it, and why you always see their reviews plastered on the front or back of the cases. It's not exactly bribing, it's more of an implied partnership.

On a brighter note, Game Center CX is the best

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 12:00:23 am »
^ NES Bionic Commando is a helluva game!

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 02:06:29 am »
What ever happened to that YouTube Channel? I subbed it and the next thing I know is that it's either deleted or broken because the link doesn't work at all. And now I can't delete it from my sub list!!!

I've never watched any of the episodes on Youtube so don't know unfortuantely. I did watch a few on Dailymotion last year, but that channel on there was deleted. Now I usually just download them from here - http://www.sa-gccx.com. I don't know if they have every single episode, but they have a large amount of them :)

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 05:36:10 am »
My fav youtubers:

- Lazy Game Reviews
- Metal Jesus Rocks
- Game Sack
- Pete Dorr

Popular youtubers that I don't like lol:

- Alpha Omega Sin - if he stopped saying 'f-ing' after every two words maybe his rants would actually be enjoyable.
- Boogie - sorry but the sad truth is if he wasn't fat nobody would care about his videos.
- Classic Game Room - if Mark stopped using same jokes in every video and actually started making competent reviews..
- Happy Console Gamer - often times too much empty talk without making a point.
- Angry Joe - he needs to grow up, then he will be one of the best game reviewers, but I still watch his show because his intros and reviews are so good.

90snostalga

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 08:06:34 am »
I like classic game room , lazy game reviews, sin2betas Sega sg awesome series and turfs zero edit series.

I would like to ask u guys what about tv shows about video games?  Did yall watch any as a kid?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:22:41 am by 90snostalga »

blipcs76

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 10:12:44 am »
Lots of great shows on RetrowareTV.com.  I've found a bunch of other ones at YouTube.  Here's some of my favorites that don't get discussed as much.

https://www.youtube.com/user/strafefox -- Splash Wave
This show really needs to get some attention.  The production value is the best I've seen for these types of shows, even better than Game Sack.  Really, go check this one out now!!!

Pushing Up Roses
She strictly reviews PC adventure games and her show is polished, fun and informative.

The Video Game Years
RetrowareTV's flagship show.  Its basically VH1's "I Love The 80's" for strictly video game stuff.

wiiviewr
All well-made Wii reviews.  So many Wii games are super cheap right now, it's a great time to start looking for titles that will be highly collectible in the future.

The Backlog
Nice, simple and well-made retro review show.

Lazy Game Reviews
Reviews of dusty old PC games that have long been forgotten.

The Gaming Historian
Nicely made and informative channel.

Portscenter
Reviews just ports of games to other consoles and how well the transition holds up.

And many of the other popular channels
Game Sack
Game Chasers
RetroLiberty
Gamester81
Pat the NES Punk (the podcast too, but I can't stand Ian -- he's "that guy" who comes off as condescending and he hates everything).

Metal Jesus isn't too bad.  I agree with AlpahOmegaSin on nearly everything, but his videos are so laced with unnecessary profanity it makes them hard to watch (especially at work).

Bwigdahl

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 10:19:02 am »
Honestly, I go in for the more comedy orientated channels on youtube like Jontron (obviously lol), Game Grumps, AVGN, Achievement Hunter, Peanut Butter Gamer, Caddicarus, Completionist, Two Best Friends Play, Continue, Pro Jared and others like that.

The Classic Game Room is usually my go to if I'm looking on information on a console I don't know much about. I've watched Game Chasers a bit, and guys like Metal Jesus, Pat and Alpha Omega Sin I'll go to occasionally but I'm not way into them.

I'm gonna go ahead and use this opportunity to plug a guy I know who's just kind of getting started out. His name is Sir_Android I used to post on some message boards with him a while back and if you wanna give his channel a look see you can go here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxrS9pxAAkMaGuN6MFlDBGg He does some pretty cool stuff and has a pretty good variety of stuff he covers.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:25:58 am by Bwigdahl »

abe

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 11:00:12 am »
Classic Game Room is probably my favorite, I really like both the CGRundertow and Lord Karnage Youtube channels. I also enjoy Pat The NES Punk, particularly the CUPodcast. I enjoy AVGN every now and again, and on occasion I watch Metal Jesus Rocks as well.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 01:59:05 pm »
I've never watched any of the episodes on Youtube so don't know unfortuantely. I did watch a few on Dailymotion last year, but that channel on there was deleted. Now I usually just download them from here - http://www.sa-gccx.com. I don't know if they have every single episode, but they have a large amount of them :)

Awesome, thanks! And I just checked my sub list and it's gone but it was called something like "GamingCX". I subbed and the next thing I knew it was a broken link and for the longest time I couldn't delete it from my subs.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

pacpix

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 06:23:54 pm »
I am currently subscribed to these gaming channels on YouTube:

Classic Game Room
Lazy Game Reviews
The Game Chasers
MetalJesusRocks
Retroware
Pat the NES Punk
PushingUpRoses
JonTron
SNESMan16
Atarileaf
Zachary Clifton (Sin2Beta on VGCollect)
The Gaming Historian
8-Bit Eric
Turf1218
Brad Corrupts

I think I found out why I don't sleep much anymore...
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 07:23:53 pm »

Classic Game Room
Lazy Game Reviews
The Game Chasers
MetalJesusRocks
Retroware
Pat the NES Punk
PushingUpRoses
JonTron
SNESMan16
Atarileaf
The Gaming Historian
8-Bit Eric
Turf1218
Brad Corrupts

Thanks for the love. That's the only time I'll be mentioned in the same breath as those other guys.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 07:53:05 pm »

Classic Game Room
Lazy Game Reviews
The Game Chasers
MetalJesusRocks
Retroware
Pat the NES Punk
PushingUpRoses
JonTron
SNESMan16
Atarileaf
The Gaming Historian
8-Bit Eric
Turf1218
Brad Corrupts

Thanks for the love. That's the only time I'll be mentioned in the same breath as those other guys.

I've had you in my sub list for a while, too. Must be fun to have a wife that enjoys the hunt as much as you do.

foxhack

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 09:04:58 pm »
I like:
Lazy Game Reviews, because his sense of humor is similar to my own;

Middle ground:
Spoony Experiment, because he can put up an act and still point out a game's flaws - or he did back in the day;
Angry Video Game Nerd, he's always playing up the bad side of games but he's entertaining when he's not abusing the scatological jokes.
Phelous - Another oddity. He talks about bootleg game consoles and toys, which is cool... but when it comes to movies, I agree with 99% of the points he makes about them but really dislike his delivery.
JonTron - When he's not yelling into the mic or destroying perfectly innocent games and consoles. (Watch the Titenic video. WHO DOES THAT TO A FAMICOM)

Absolutely cannot stand:
Yahtzee / Zero Punctuation
Classic Game Room - not since they said SNK Arcade Classics on the PS2 was a great game. It's not.
Pat the NES Punk - He used to be okay but sometime in the past two years he stopped being funny to me. He changed his shtick into... a sort of loser type character, even in his appearance. I know he's playing a character. I just can't stand it. I'm sure he's a cool guy to talk to in real life. BUT HE NEEDS TO COMB HIS HAIR.

And holy jeebus Irate Gamer still exists?

spac316

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 09:13:38 pm »
I enjoy AVGN, Happy Console Gamer, Pat The NES Punk, RetroWare TV(the main show and it's contributors), Lazy Game Reviews, Pushing Up Roses, Happy Video Game Nerd,Metal Jesus rocks, Import Gaming FTW, The Americanadian Gamer, The Game Chasers, The Gaming Historian, and 8-Bit Eric among others.
Also loved You can play this by the late great JewWario.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:15:25 pm by spac316 »