Author Topic: Sony Press Event Roundup  (Read 1308 times)

Sony Press Event Roundup
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:15:33 am »
*EDIT* I seem to have not realized this isn't from TGS lol I kept seeing "Pre-TGS" stuff, but this stuff mostly just came out of some Sony Press event happening.  That isn't "Pre-TGS" when it's over two weeks out! Editing title.

We can use this to round up anything of interest coming out of the show.

Already there is the confirmation of the Resident Evil: Revelations 2, which will apparently have a new story and protaganist.  Teaser trailer is just live action stuff, involving something with wrist bands that say if you are infected or not.  It's very vague lol It's been confirmed to be released on pretty much every platform other than handheld and Wii U and will be out early 2015.

Bloodborne is out in Japan come February 5th, which means not too long after that will be the international release.  First quarter at least.  This game is a big pull to the PS4 for me, though I'm still needing more.

Yakuza Zero set in 1988, will be released in spring 2015.

Dragon Quest Heroes coming to PS4 next year.  It's being made by the Dynasty Warriors guys and will be a hack and slash like that.  Probably could be comparable to Hyrule Warriors I guess.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:57:24 am by kamikazekeeg »

argyle

Re: Sony Press Event Roundup
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:02:04 am »
Tons of awesome news, but my personal favorites are:

*Dragon Quest Warriors - Hells to the yes! ;D

*New PS4 Hot Shots Golf - it's about time we got a new console release of this series, haven't seen one since the very very early PS3 days

*Persona 5 is coming to PS4 - 'nuff said.  ;)

*New Ys game for PS4 (and Vita)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 03:13:44 pm »
I was excited for Dragon Quest Heroes until I found out it's Dragon Quest Dynasty Warriors-style.  Bloodborne looks great and still deciding on whether I should pick up Ys.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

davifus

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 03:22:43 pm »
Im so conflicted about P5. Should I get the Ps3 or Ps4 version. I dont know If I'll have a PS4 by then. It really depend on games like KH3 & FFXV that I'll have good enough reason to purchase it atm. I'm still hoping for a special edition Ps4 or something for KH3 or any of the really anticipated games except destiny (Im not really interested in it).
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »
I'll just leave this here...

davifus

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 05:19:40 pm »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I'm throwing my Credit card at the screen... Why won't it accept it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:21:20 pm by davifus »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 06:01:53 pm »
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I'm throwing my Credit card at the screen... Why won't it accept it.

Because Japan

maximo310

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 06:20:45 pm »
Man, that would be an awesome console to get for my collection and I hope they release it in the U.S.  Soera should be slimin' by soon.

davifus

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 06:28:26 pm »
Man, that would be an awesome console to get for my collection and I hope they release it in the U.S.  Soera should be slimin' by soon.

I highly doubt this slime ps4 will come out from Japan. I'm probably going to import it after I see what the US does with their consoles and Japan's other special ps4 consoles. Crossing my fingers for P5 Ps4 console.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:37:41 pm by davifus »

argyle

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 07:02:00 pm »
Zero chance that system sees the light of day outside of Japan, unless you pay double the retail price to import it.  Sure is nice looking tho.  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 07:05:15 pm »
Zero chance that system sees the light of day outside of Japan, unless you pay double the retail price to import it.  Sure is nice looking tho.  :)

The price for the Console shouldn't be that bad. The only costly thing will be the shipping.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:15:39 pm by davifus »

argyle

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 07:46:07 pm »

The price for the Console shouldn't be that bad. The only costly thing will be the shipping.

If it's limited or scarce at all, which I would expect it would be, then import shops will be charging a premium for it. 

davifus

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 08:29:56 pm »

If it's limited or scarce at all, which I would expect it would be, then import shops will be charging a premium for it.

I imported a Limited Edition Vita. It wasn't that bad. I pretty much paid what I would paid for in Japan. Shipping was like $24 dollars. AmiAmi is the place I import things. compare to play-asia or other import website AmiAmi is def. the cheapest and trustworthy.

Oh yeah this sold like hotcakes when pre-order was open. It was crazy in Japan for the sales and amount of people wanting it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:09:39 am by davifus »

soera

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 09:03:56 am »

Yep, Im here! I will be importing that. I havent dropped coin on a PS4 yet and Im glad I waited.

argyle

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 09:29:10 am »
I certainly hope I'm wrong about the price.   :)