Author Topic: Select Club Nintendo Platinum folks will receive codes for 3DS Smash early demo  (Read 4649 times)

desocietas

‏In case any of you Platinum folks are interested  ;D

(emphasis below is mine)
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/fdIU6QLvLVCAfxYMuOo5OPT30dqbSit5

Four Ways to Enjoy the New Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Demo

To make the wait for the launch of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS on Oct. 3 easier, Nintendo is giving fans four different ways to experience a demo version of the game.

Today, Club Nintendo members who have achieved Platinum status between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2014, have registered Nintendo 3DS hardware or software, and have opted in to receive emails from Club Nintendo will receive an email containing four download codes for the demo.

Nintendo encourages recipients of the Club Nintendo demo to share the three extra codes with friends who also own Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS systems. Together they can play along through local wireless multiplayer, even if those three friends aren’t Club Nintendo members. The Club Nintendo demo of the game features an unlimited play count, five playable characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man), one stage (Battlefield) and the ability to compete in local multiplayer matches with fellow Nintendo 3DS owners who have downloaded the demo to their systems. The Club Nintendo demo codes must be redeemed before Sept. 19.

All Nintendo 3DS owners can download a free demo for the all-star fighting game from the Nintendo eShop starting on Sept. 19. This demo includes the same content and features as the Club Nintendo demo that select members will receive one week earlier, and can be opened from the Nintendo 3DS Home Menu a maximum of 30 times. A Nintendo Network ID is required to download either the Club Nintendo or Nintendo eShop demo.

Starting on Sept. 18, select retail locations will feature in-store kiosks with the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS demo for everyone to enjoy.

For more information about Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, visit http://www.smashbros.com/us/.

@NintendoAmerica
Get ready to smash! DL a free demo for #SmashBros for #3DS in the #eShop on 9/19. Select Club Nintendo Platinum members get the demo on 9/12

‏@NintendoAmerica
Select Club Nintendo Platinum members will have received four download codes for the #SmashBros for #3DS demo. Check your emails!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/510473935503110144
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/510474001399812096
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:49:36 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

Code plox
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

tpugmire

Interesting, I haven't received any emails yet and Club Nintendo's website seems to be down at the moment.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Yeah I can't get on Club Nintendo either lol

maximo310

Haha the site seems to down for every member. I guess I'll have to wait until their web traffic dies down then.

Oh, you get the codes in your email, you don't need to get onto the website.

maximo310

Oh, you get the codes in your email, you don't need to get onto the website.
Oh really, well I guess then they should pop up in my inbox within the next few days or so then.

desocietas

Nintendo just tweeted out the following for those of you who're waiting:

‏@NintendoAmerica
Still sending out #SmashBros Demo codes! Emails are being sent to pre-selected members who achieved Platinum Status from 7/1/13-6/30/14.
2:52 PM - 12 Sep 2014
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

I'm still waiting for a friend to answer if he wants one of my codes, but if he doesn't need it I'll have one spare, if anyone is interested. I can't guarantee you'll have it, but it's a possibility  :P

All redeemed!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:01:56 pm by karyann »

tpugmire

Anyone know how to verify if you have opted-in to get emails?  Club Nintendo's website is more annoying than usual today, so I can't check.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Two free codes for you suck'ahs

A05V7E601FRATPCR
A05VBJCQ0VAEJ2B3

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Two free codes for you suck'ahs

A05V7E601FRATPCR
A05VBJCQ0VAEJ2B3

got that one thanks
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:49:56 pm by redblaze57 »

karyann

I'm asking for the community's opinion: do you think it could be relevant to add the Special Edition Demo to the database? It's kind of like demo station cartridges, but downloadable. I know I'm happy about the exclusivity of the thing and I will keep it on my system, even if it takes 1000 blocks, because it's special. What do you all think?  ???

I'm asking for the community's opinion: do you think it could be relevant to add the Special Edition Demo to the database? It's kind of like demo station cartridges, but downloadable. I know I'm happy about the exclusivity of the thing and I will keep it on my system, even if it takes 1000 blocks, because it's special. What do you all think?  ???

Seeing that apparently people are selling the codes on Ebay, I'd probably say it would be fitting to add to the database since it is a unique version of the demo lol

spac316

I didn't receive any personally, but a friend of mine did and I managed to get one of them. I enjoyed what I played so far!