Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34485 times)

spac316

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2014, 06:22:11 pm »
Latest pick ups! Lemmings and Raiden Trad for SNES and Prof. Layton and the Diabolical Box for DS!

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2014, 12:01:31 am »
Bought on eBay:

Tactics Ogre (PlayStation)
Lord Of The Rings: Battle Of Middle-Earth (PC)

Sadly, I've been trying to configure and research how to make the game compatible with Windows 7.  So far, no luck.

Many thanks to krelyan for this haul of complete games:

PLAYSTATION:
Alundra
Beyond The Beyond
Chrono Cross

Bought on October but I'll probably receive late October or early November:

PLAYSTATION:
Breath Of Fire IV: thanks to cobraseph!
Mega Man Legends 2: only bidder on eBay.  Rare moment for me.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2014, 12:20:09 am »
Ebayed some stuff yesterday. All CIB and they ended up being basically 12 bucks apiece...

Super Famicom
Dragon Quest I&II, III, V, VI
Final Fantasy IV, V, VI
Chrono Trigger

Now that I can play all those games with translation patches through my retron, I'm debating whether or not I wanna try to sell my NA copies of FF II, III and Chrono Trigger. I'd probably be more willing to get rid of the Final Fantasy games, but I don't know if I could part with Chrono Trigger...

maximo310

« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2014, 01:06:56 am »
Ebayed some stuff yesterday. All CIB and they ended up being basically 12 bucks apiece...

Super Famicom
Final Fantasy IV, V, VI
Chrono Trigger

Now that I can play all those games with translation patches through my retron, I'm debating whether or not I wanna try to sell my NA copies of FF II, III and Chrono Trigger. I'd probably be more willing to get rid of the Final Fantasy games, but I don't know if I could part with Chrono Trigger...
Hey, if you ever want to sell FF III for SNES in the future, I'd be interested in a purchase.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #259 on: October 28, 2014, 01:50:10 am »

Super Famicom
Final Fantasy IV, V, VI
Chrono Trigger

As much as I want to buy them from you KEEP your NA copies. If your Retron 5 ever bites the dust and you have to choose another clone console without ips patches your Jap versions will go back to useless!

As for pickups. I got these two today.

Kirby's Block Ball was an ebay purchase.

Thunder Force III was a $6 Goodwill pickup. I was going to pass on it until I looked it up on ebay and saw it goes for $30.

Popped it into the Retron 5 and it's a pretty awesome R-Type style game!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:51:59 am by dashv »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2014, 10:47:14 am »
As much as I want to buy them from you KEEP your NA copies. If your Retron 5 ever bites the dust and you have to choose another clone console without ips patches your Jap versions will go back to useless!

That was my hesitation... I probably will end up keeping them all! but we'll see. If I do decide to sell them I'll probably come here first.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2014, 01:19:09 pm »

Thunder Force III was a $6 Goodwill pickup. I was going to pass on it until I looked it up on ebay and saw it goes for $30.

It's the only "Thunder" game I still need in the series (U.S., at least). Thunder Force V on PS1 is by far my favorite in the series. That lock-on laser shot is pretty freaking sweet.

I also really liked Thunder Force II on Genesis, due to the free-roam levels.

Just for reference Lightening Force (and I didn't spell that wrong, that's how they spell it on the box) is Thunder Force IV in the U.S.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:21:05 pm by burningdoom »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2014, 02:15:15 pm »
CD Tradepost run today. All complete!

PS2
Champions Return to Arms ($18)
Time Crisis 2 ($3)
Ace Combat 04 ($6)
Way of the Samurai 2 ($4)

Crackdown ($3)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2014, 04:07:39 pm »

It's the only "Thunder" game I still need in the series (U.S., at least). Thunder Force V on PS1 is by far my favorite in the series. That lock-on laser shot is pretty freaking sweet.

Just for reference Lightening Force (and I didn't spell that wrong, that's how they spell it on the box) is Thunder Force IV in the U.S.

The manual is intact but water damaged (I can take pictures.) and the cart has a name written on it in sharpie. But the case and cart are in very good condition and it plays fine.

If you want it offer me something in my wish list. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2014, 06:35:21 pm »

The manual is intact but water damaged (I can take pictures.) and the cart has a name written on it in sharpie. But the case and cart are in very good condition and it plays fine.

If you want it offer me something in my wish list. :)

Thanks for the offer, I looked, but I didn't see anything that would work out for us.

« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2014, 10:40:15 pm »
Got a ton of free guides and video game magazines tonight, as well as these between a thrift store and a local game store.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #266 on: October 28, 2014, 10:53:25 pm »
What is Disaster Report like?

maximo310

« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2014, 10:54:59 pm »
Got a ton of free guides and video game magazines tonight, as well as these between a thrift store and a local game store.

Nice stuff you picked up, especially that castle of shikigami iii game! That's one still on my wii wishlist along with the 2nd one in the series and they're both great shmups.

« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2014, 12:57:27 am »
What is Disaster Report like?

It's some weird game where you have to survive various natural disasters. I saw a review of it on youtube and decided if I ever found it cheap I'd give it a try.

« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2014, 12:59:37 am »

Nice stuff you picked up, especially that castle of shikigami iii game! That's one still on my wii wishlist along with the 2nd one in the series and they're both great shmups.
It was one of my most wanted games, Wii or otherwise until I picked it up tonight. Th second one is really good and has hilarious dialogue in the cut scenes that make 0 sense lol