Author Topic: Must Have PS4 Games  (Read 2099 times)

retroone

Must Have PS4 Games
« on: October 13, 2014, 03:39:37 pm »
I have just recently bought a PS4 with Minecraft for the console. I don't know all that much about flagship titles for the console because the system I had for the last generation was a 360. Can you please tell me what are the must have games for the console.

argyle

Re: Must Have PS4 Games
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 04:16:52 pm »
I have just recently bought a PS4 with Minecraft for the console. I don't know all that much about flagship titles for the console because the system I had for the last generation was a 360. Can you please tell me what are the must have games for the console.

Depends, what kind of stuff are you into?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 04:58:18 pm »
There isn't much right now.  It's why I'm waiting on it.  Just going on what I've heard, I heard Infamous: Second Son was a reasonable game.  Last of Us Remastered should be something to get if you haven't played it on PS3.  That's probably it.  All that is left would likely just be multi-platform stuff and that's just up to whatever might interest you.  February will be awesome month for the system with The Order and Bloodborne both releasing.

retroone

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 05:17:58 pm »

Depends, what kind of stuff are you into?
Almost anything. I really don't like RPG's they have just never seemed to interest me. Or games similar to Skyrim.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:48:31 pm »
Infamous Second Son
Last of Us Remastered
Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition

I don't have a PS4 yet but these are actually on my own backlog list.

retroone

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 09:54:25 pm »
Are there any good platformers on the console besides Knack?

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 11:30:37 pm »
Rayman Legends is great. I borrowed the Wii U version from a friend and loved it! I imagine it's just as good on PS4.
There is also Putty Squad. I haven't had a chance to play that one yet but it looks rather interesting.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 04:24:07 am »
Get Resogun!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

retroone

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 06:23:25 am »
Rayman Legends is great. I borrowed the Wii U version from a friend and loved it! I imagine it's just as good on PS4.
There is also Putty Squad. I haven't had a chance to play that one yet but it looks rather interesting.
According to Caddicarus Putty Squad wasn't all that great (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFrkmaiUXhE&list=PL2BA0240B5A0F2773)

shwabadi

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 08:04:56 am »
I only own two PS4 games right now, Shadow of Mordor and The Last of Us remastered
I highly recommend both!!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 08:49:22 am »
I've heard good things about Transistor too.

Digitally, there's also Child of Ligh, Pier Solar,  and Costume Quest 2 (coming very soon); although - those 3 may be a bit too RPG-ish for the tc's tastes...I believe that there's also a PS4 version of Grim Fandango in the works + the inevitable Uncharted, Disgaea 5 (SRPG), and Persona 5 (possibly another turn-based RPG) games.

Honestly (w/ the exceptions of the above-mentioned games), I know very, very little (read: nothing) about current and/or upcoming PS4 digital (exclusive or multi-platform) games --And-- I know that there are other reg's here who are much more knowledgeable than I am on this subject.

tl;dr

(Re "Must have PS4 games") =

Absolutely!

I "must have" a PS4 & I "must have" games to play on her  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

whiteyfox

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 10:52:25 am »

I'm a huge fan of platformers and all I can safely suggest is Rayman Legends. It's not really next gen but it's a lot of fun with tons of content.
Knack is just average, the story is bad and the gameplay is a little unbalanced in higher difficulties (at least for me).
Putty Squad might be a little fun but sometimes gets annoying/hard. It has plenty of content but I've encountered some idiotic bugs (like when I entered a secret level it sent me back to the main menu).
That's pretty much it for retail platformers. Other than those I'd go for LEGO games but I'm not sure if they belong in that category and I haven't played one in a while.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:56:38 am by whiteyfox »

argyle

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 11:19:49 am »
Yeah, Lego Marvel is good & I'd say it's a platformer. Has a lot of platforming in it at any rate. ;)

As for must-have games, I think everyone should at least play Warframe. It's free and it's incredible - there's no harm in trying it, but know going in that there IS a learning curve. It's not a game you can play for 30 mins & make a snap judgement on. Basically, the game is what would happen if a 3rd-person shooter had a baby with Phantasy Star Online. The dev is fantastic about supporting it as well, really listens to the community and has made what I consider to be the blueprint for how free to play games should be done. If anyone tells you the game requires microtransaction or is a "pay to win" game then that person does NOT understand the game. The only things you have to pay actual money for are either cosmetic or expansion slots to hold more weapons & frames later on (and you won't need those for a while - when you do, they're inexpensive and by that point you'll probably WANT to give the dev some cash for making such an awesome game :) ).

I gush about that game because I truly love it, it was my GOTY last year. I've logged somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 hours into it and I still find it incredibly fun & addictive.

tl;dr - Warframe is a free download that everyone should at least try because you have nothing to lose. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

redrowz

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 06:05:29 pm »
If you need a platformer, Fez is on the PS4.

Also I think The Evil Within, Watch Dogs and Drive Club would do you pretty well if you like big releases.

retroone

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 06:25:49 pm »
Thanks a lot for all of these great recommendations!