Author Topic: Secret Santa VGCollect 2014  (Read 50972 times)

doctorlaudanum

Re: Secret Santa VGCollect 2014
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2014, 12:31:09 am »
Aaaaand I just got the first thing for my giftee. Hope they like it.

This is really fun. It's interesting to look for stuff I wouldn't normally buy.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2014, 12:47:45 am »
Aaaaand I just got the first thing for my giftee. Hope they like it.

This is really fun. It's interesting to look for stuff I wouldn't normally buy.

Yeah it is. If I had known about my giftee last month I could have made half their wishlist by just not trading in the dupes I had!

argyle

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2014, 01:34:45 am »
And the first gift has been sent!!! :D

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2014, 02:56:42 am »
Yeah it is. If I had known about my giftee last month I could have made half their wishlist by just not trading in the dupes I had!

Ouch, that sucks. Good luck on your search!

It's kind of a blessing and a curse to have a giftee who has a very different taste in games. On the one hand, it's strangely exciting to be researching and comparing prices for games I wouldn't usually pick up. On the other hand, I'm a bit worried I might get something they won't like due to my ignorance. :-[

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2014, 03:32:44 am »

Ouch, that sucks. Good luck on your search!

It's kind of a blessing and a curse to have a giftee who has a very different taste in games. On the one hand, it's strangely exciting to be researching and comparing prices for games I wouldn't usually pick up. On the other hand, I'm a bit worried I might get something they won't like due to my ignorance. :-[

You didn't get a wishlist for them? I tried to mix mine up like Soera suggested. Some new stuff, some old stuff, a couple of items were "if they get me this one game that's all they could get." But I also left them some suggestions that were lesser priced if they wanted to go for quantity.

I'd be happy with anything from my wishlist or something in the same arena that I don't already have.

:)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:34:28 am by dashv »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2014, 06:54:42 am »
And the first gift has been *received*!!! :D

:o

Man, my SS is really on the ball/sled!

Gift received but unopened...

No worries though - I'll never make it to Dec. w/o opening it...I at least want to send mine out, before opening my own  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2014, 12:20:37 pm »
Where are you seeing these posts from Soera?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2014, 12:33:27 pm »

Me?

What posts?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2014, 12:46:00 pm »

Me?

What posts?

I see people here quoting posts from Soera but I don't see any posts from him.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2014, 02:02:57 pm »
You didn't get a wishlist for them? I tried to mix mine up like Soera suggested. Some new stuff, some old stuff, a couple of items were "if they get me this one game that's all they could get." But I also left them some suggestions that were lesser priced if they wanted to go for quantity.

I'd be happy with anything from my wishlist or something in the same arena that I don't already have.

Without going into too much detail, they have a designated wishlist, but they're open to surprises (like me and probably a lot of other people in this Secret Santa.) Either way I'm getting something I know they want for sure, and I'm definitely more comfortable shopping for another gamer than I am the other people I'm paired up with for other Secret Santas this year. One of my coworkers just said she likes cows. Not sure how I'm supposed to work with that.

And I'm definitely going over $30 for this. (In worth of the items, not necessarily spending price.) 'Tis the season! ;D

Damn, disgaeniac. I would not be able to handle the temptation.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2014, 02:04:06 pm »

Me?

What posts?

I see people here quoting posts from Soera but I don't see any posts from him.

I quoted his post (#85) in this thread, and just changed "sent" to "received" to reflect that I'd already received mine  ;D

His been skulking around with a new & easy-to-miss-and-blend in w/ everything avatar; maybe that's why you're not noticing them?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2014, 02:13:47 pm »
One of my coworkers just said she likes cows. Not sure how I'm supposed to work with that.

Get her a really good hamburger and tell her you got her the best part of the cow.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

Without going into too much detail, they have a designated wishlist, but they're open to surprises (like me and probably a lot of other people in this Secret Santa.) Either way I'm getting something I know they want for sure, and I'm definitely more comfortable shopping for another gamer than I am the other people I'm paired up with for other Secret Santas this year. One of my coworkers just said she likes cows. Not sure how I'm supposed to work with that.

And I'm definitely going over $30 for this. (In worth of the items, not necessarily spending price.) 'Tis the season! ;D

Damn, disgaeniac. I would not be able to handle the temptation.

Heh, don't go giving me any undeserved credit now  :P

I'm NOT waiting until X-Mas,

I'm NOT waiting for Dec., and

I'm NOT even gonna wait another week; I'll just feel...'better' if I wait until I've sent mine out *before* opening my own  ;)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2014, 10:28:06 am »
I know I asked for the extra week, but I'm not going to use it.  My package should be away today.  I'll send my Tracking Number to Santa High Santa of VGCollect after it hits the post office.  Hope you like it giftee!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2014, 11:42:42 am »
I know I asked for the extra week, but I'm not going to use it.  My package should be away today.  I'll send my Tracking Number to Santa High Santa of VGCollect after it hits the post office.  Hope you like it giftee!

Mine's out today too...just now got back from the post office    ;D

Tracking # to follow    8)