Author Topic: Secret Santa VGCollect 2014  (Read 49613 times)

doctorlaudanum

Re: Secret Santa VGCollect 2014
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2014, 09:01:14 pm »
^ Trade you. I'm one of those people who cannot tan no matter how hard I try. I'm so pale that I look like I'm glowing any time someone takes my photo. There is a photograph of me where I am actively reflecting white light on a black fence directly behind me. It was taken on an overcast day. :(

Never played Critical Path, but I remember wasting several hours with Virtuoso. That game took "so bad, it's good" and turned it into an artform. The box art mullet is a major improvement over the in-game mullet.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

foxhack

« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2014, 09:05:16 pm »
^ Trade you. I'm one of those people who cannot tan no matter how hard I try. I'm so pale that I look like I'm glowing any time someone takes my photo. There is a photograph of me where I am actively reflecting white light on a black fence directly behind me. It was taken on an overcast day. :(

Never played Critical Path, but I remember wasting several hours with Virtuoso. That game took "so bad, it's good" and turned it into an artform. The box art mullet is a major improvement over the in-game mullet.

Dude, I'm pretty friggin' white. Not Conan O'Brien levels, thankfully, just average Gringo white. My dad was very light skinned and I got that from him, but my mom is dark skinned so I tan easily and rarely burn, unlike my poor sisters who are super white but sunburn after a half hour outside. :p My brother's the same as me. But since I work walking around in the sun buying things, my face, neck, hands and arms are tanned. The rest of me, not so much. ;p

pacpix

« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2014, 10:48:49 pm »
Woot my gift came in the mail today  :D

My Secret Santa helped my poor Sega Genesis library with the additions of:
  • Mutant League Football
  • Last Battle
  • Buster's Hidden Treasure
As well as sending the soundtrack for the game Journey, a movie called City Dragon that looks like it will be fantastic, some nice cases for my loose GBA collection and candy that is vastly superior to Tootsie Rolls.  Seriously I just ate some peanut butter candy, (I forget the name) and it was fantastic, as well as the coconut candy.

Not pictured is the candy I already ate  :-[ :P
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2014, 11:27:18 pm »
That peanut butter candy is called "mazapán", it's a version of marzipan.

And I'm terribly sorry for those red and yellow candies. Those are um, hot candies. You have been warned. Enjoy your lead poisoning! <3

pacpix

« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2014, 11:32:56 pm »
That peanut butter candy is called "mazapán", it's a version of marzipan.

And I'm terribly sorry for those red and yellow candies. Those are um, hot candies. You have been warned. Enjoy your lead poisoning! <3
I found that out the hard way.  Caught me off guard ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #305 on: December 10, 2014, 12:22:37 am »
I wanted to send a better variety of stuff but none of the local candy markets had a lot of uh, loose candy in stock. All they had were wholesale packages. It's why I sent you that cocada (coconut candy) package! It was either that or one single half-pound stick of the stuff. :p

And so everyone knows, if you ever get a Secret Santa package from me, you get candy and a bad movie. It's tradition!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:24:33 am by foxhack »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #306 on: December 10, 2014, 01:00:39 am »
Woot my gift came in the mail today  :D

My Secret Santa helped my poor Sega Genesis library with the additions of:
  • Mutant League Football
  • Last Battle
  • Buster's Hidden Treasure
As well as sending the soundtrack for the game Journey, a movie called City Dragon that looks like it will be fantastic, some nice cases for my loose GBA collection and candy that is vastly superior to Tootsie Rolls.  Seriously I just ate some peanut butter candy, (I forget the name) and it was fantastic, as well as the coconut candy.

Not pictured is the candy I already ate  :-[ :P

Your Secret Santa is awesome. Mutant League Football is not a cheap game! :)

« Reply #307 on: December 12, 2014, 01:46:56 pm »
Thanks Matt! I'm looking forward to playing this! (Sorry for huge size.)  :-[

kashell

« Reply #308 on: December 12, 2014, 02:01:45 pm »
That's an in your face shot of Tales of Symphonia if I ever saw one. Great game.

karyann

« Reply #309 on: December 12, 2014, 04:17:41 pm »
Everybody yet has got awesome stuff and lots of candies  ;D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #310 on: December 25, 2014, 10:07:32 pm »
hopefully this turned out good

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #311 on: December 25, 2014, 10:21:25 pm »
Awesome!  I love seeing folks do these videos. It's awesome to see/hear what you folks are like.

Merry Christmas my brother. Hope it was great.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #312 on: December 25, 2014, 11:16:18 pm »
hopefully this turned out good

You did fine! And now you are part of the tootsie roll brotherhood.

desocietas

« Reply #313 on: December 26, 2014, 07:36:21 pm »
I streamed my unboxing on Twitch, but it got muted, so I'm hoping to get the local recording to work and uploaded on Youtube as soon as I can!

But one thing I can say - wow, Secret Santa, thanks so much!  I was blown away by what you got me!  ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #314 on: December 26, 2014, 07:38:12 pm »
I wanted to pester ask you on Twitter about the unboxing. Now to wait.