Author Topic: Secret Santa VGCollect 2014  (Read 50639 times)

soera

Re: Secret Santa VGCollect 2014
« Reply #285 on: December 05, 2014, 11:56:49 am »
Ahhh gotcha.

desocietas

« Reply #286 on: December 05, 2014, 12:16:00 pm »
Everyone has been getting great gifts. This has been a really fun thread to keep up with and I'm so glad I participated.

Aside: Dawn of Mana is my least favorite game in the series. That game makes me so -ANGRY- that it almost makes me want to remove the entire franchise from my collection. Seriously, I want to strangle the creators of that game IN THE FACE.

I still have to pick that one up to add to my Mana collection, but now I'm *super* interested in how bad this game is, haha.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #287 on: December 05, 2014, 12:35:02 pm »
Aside: Dawn of Mana is my least favorite game in the series. That game makes me so -ANGRY- that it almost makes me want to remove the entire franchise from my collection. Seriously, I want to strangle the creators of that game IN THE FACE.

I've never played it. I've heard the it isn't like other Mana games though and that it suffers from camera issues?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

kashell

« Reply #288 on: December 05, 2014, 02:02:52 pm »
*Camera issues out the yin yang
*Controlling the ivy whip is messy
*Resetting of Keldy's stats at the end of each chapter
*Lacks the "magic" that made SoM and SoM2 so memorable

Beautiful game, though. The visuals rival some I have seen in modern day RPGs.

foxhack

« Reply #289 on: December 06, 2014, 12:58:04 pm »
There. I've sent my package. Now you can tag it as shipped.

Now to wait until the one I'm supposed to get... gets here. I need a tracking number. :p

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #290 on: December 08, 2014, 03:58:15 pm »
My gift just arrived, beautifully wrapped. I'm not comfortable opening it until I know my giftee has theirs, though. Should be within the next couple of days.

(I love the giraffes, Santa.)

Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #291 on: December 08, 2014, 04:02:25 pm »
My gift just arrived, beautifully wrapped. I'm not comfortable opening it until I know my giftee has theirs, though. Should be within the next couple of days.

OPEN IT! OPEN IT! OPEN IT!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #292 on: December 08, 2014, 04:11:36 pm »

What he said!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #293 on: December 08, 2014, 04:19:27 pm »

What he said!

Submit to peer pressure!
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #294 on: December 08, 2014, 04:39:36 pm »
I don't think the OP was updated, but I did receive my SS package! I haven't pulled it out of the original mailing package yet (have been waiting for a tree or something to put it under), but I plan to and will take a picture :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2014, 07:54:32 am »
Make a video instead! XD

tpugmire

« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2014, 09:44:13 am »
Mine arrived yesterday. I got a couple games that I've almost purchased many times over the past couple years, but for some reason I never went through with it. Doom 3: BFG Edition for Xbox 360 and Super Mario 64 DS. Thanks Secret Santa!
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2014, 01:16:29 pm »
My giftee's present has been delivered, so I opened mine. I'm posting a photo instead of a full unboxing video because none of you deserve to be subjected to my horrific southern drawl.

I got Journey: Collector's Edition for the PS3 (perfect timing too, because I just replaced my PS3 two days ago and have really been wanting to play it,) Okamiden for the DS, a set of PAX magnets, another adorable giraffe note, and a box of green tea Kit Kats. I actually never knew they existed until now, but they are GODLIKE. I don't like green tea or regular Kit Kats (sue me,) but they somehow combine to make something beautiful. I definitely need to pick up more.

Thanks so much, Santa!

P.S. My puppies really liked the box.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

kashell

« Reply #298 on: December 09, 2014, 01:57:56 pm »
That is a great haul. Enjoy!

foxhack

« Reply #299 on: December 09, 2014, 05:03:05 pm »
Well, I tried to take a video of me unboxing my gift, but my camera sucks, the lighting sucks, and since I'm apparently too dark skinned to show up on the camera properly, I couldn't make a video. Sorry! (Goddamn, and people around here call me whitey because I'm whiter than most folks...)

So... here's the stuff I got from someone in Texas.

- A baggie of Tootsie Rolls (whoever you are at least you had the decency to send me chocolate ones.)
- Critical Path (game on CD) - I vaguely remember hearing about this game a while back
- Virtuoso (PC CD, sealed) - ... which is a pretty weird coincidence because Clint of LazyGameReviews spoke about the cover art a couple of weeks ago in his "Worst Box Art" video! Dat mullet!
- And a $20 Steam Wallet card. Yippee!

<3

Thank you~
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 05:05:08 pm by foxhack »