Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 48004 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: amiibo
« Reply #435 on: October 04, 2015, 01:37:33 pm »
amiibos have been calling my name lately..... i even made a list of the ones i want.... talk me out of it guys!

First, burn the list.

Second, stay away from this thread.

Third, Uhhhh

devancowan

« Reply #436 on: October 04, 2015, 02:03:56 pm »
amiibos have been calling my name lately..... i even made a list of the ones i want.... talk me out of it guys!

First, burn the list.

Second, stay away from this thread.

Third, Uhhhh

Don't get started with amiibos. They will take over your wallet and life!

soera

« Reply #437 on: October 06, 2015, 04:35:19 pm »
I was just at my local Best Buy. They had dozens and dozens of Marth, Captain Falcon, Dark Pit, and oddly Shulk.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #438 on: October 06, 2015, 05:06:14 pm »
I need to go get a dark pit.

Hooray for restocks!

Flashback2012

« Reply #439 on: October 08, 2015, 12:42:49 am »
Looks like restocks trickled into both Toys R Us and Best Buy. My cousin was able to land me a Lucario from Toys R Us and then today (Wednesday) he picked me up Marth and Dark Pit from Best Buy. Luckily he was out to lunch with his parents as Best Buy limited people to one character per person. Now if only they would crank out some more Robin and Lucina I would be happy.

Incidentally does anyone need a Wario, Shulk or Sonic?  :P

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #440 on: October 31, 2015, 07:34:58 am »
Got the blue and pink Yoshis to add to the Yoshi set. the Big one is preordered and should come soon ;D

Also grabbed those:

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2015, 03:43:05 pm »
The cuteness is beyond anything I can handle right now.. ♥♥♥

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2015, 03:46:25 pm »
Thank goodness. I've really been wanting to get a Captain Falcon for a long time.

desocietas

« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2015, 03:54:38 pm »
The cuteness is beyond anything I can handle right now.. ♥♥♥

ahhh, so cute! I've told myself that I don't *need* a mega yarn yoshi... but he's so adorable! I have the other three, though... so that's good enough for me for now :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #444 on: January 15, 2016, 01:46:31 am »
Anyone heavily collecting the Amiibo Cards? My daughter has been hounding me to get a pack with Isabelle inside. Finally after 12 packs and $72 in the hole I have an Isabelle for her. I thought collecting the figures was a drain, but the cards come out to about $1 a card. When you get a duplicate it is a steep price to pay.

What am I going to do with these dups? Does Gamestop offer you a penny for each and then sell them for $2?
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #445 on: January 15, 2016, 02:32:02 am »
Anyone heavily collecting the Amiibo Cards? My daughter has been hounding me to get a pack with Isabelle inside. Finally after 12 packs and $72 in the hole I have an Isabelle for her. I thought collecting the figures was a drain, but the cards come out to about $1 a card. When you get a duplicate it is a steep price to pay.

What am I going to do with these dups? Does Gamestop offer you a penny for each and then sell them for $2?

Ebay?  Not sure what the going price is, but if you got a couple packs of them to get rid of, they could be worth a couple bucks I guess.  I'm avoiding those things...unless they make Legend of Zelda Amiibo Cards...Then I'm SCREWED.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #446 on: January 15, 2016, 10:01:03 am »
@kamikazekeeg

I had wanted to avoid these too when I first saw them. My daughter picked up our first pack and then my neurotic collecting nature starting picking up a pack every time we would go to the store. Especially since we had never found Isabelle.

If they released Zelda cards my 12 packs of Animal Crossing would look like child's play. I would need to take out a mortgage to keep up with the purchases.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

karyann

« Reply #447 on: January 15, 2016, 04:29:29 pm »

The only solution I see currently would be ebay or craigslist/kijiji/equivalent in your area.

What I did with the first series (and intend to do with the next) is that I made myself a list of the cards I wanted, then I bought enough packs to have a little more cards than the quantity I wanted (to make trades easier since I had more variety to choose from). Then I put up for trade everything I didn't want, and once I had all the cards I wanted, I sold the rest as a bundle for a little less than $1 a card. That worked really well for me!

By the way, there's an Isabelle card in each of the 3 series, so brace yourself  :P The 3rd one is wearing a kimono and is super adorable :)

desocietas

« Reply #448 on: January 15, 2016, 04:35:33 pm »
Hey, do any of you know if KK Slider is available separately? According to the database it is, but I don't know where to buy it. The only way I've seen it in stores is in the 3-pack but I don't know if I want the llamas/alpacas.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #449 on: January 15, 2016, 09:14:08 pm »
Hey, do any of you know if KK Slider is available separately? According to the database it is, but I don't know where to buy it. The only way I've seen it in stores is in the 3-pack but I don't know if I want the llamas/alpacas.

I got it off Amiami, it's roughly $10 + shipping! Here's the link: https://waa.ai/kzXP. I wasn't sure about the alpacas either, so when I saw it for that price, it was a no brainer for me.  :)
I'm not sure if Europe had him separately, but at least Japan did.