Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 47292 times)

foxhack

Re: amiibo
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2015, 06:06:23 pm »
We have a dedicated thread for this, ya know. :p

soera

« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2015, 03:51:42 pm »
So today was "pre-order Greninja" day today. I got to Toys R Us an hour before they opened and I was 13th in line ... I waited for a while still and about 15 minutes before open, a guy comes out with tickets ... 8 of them ... needless to say I was irritated. :(

« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2015, 03:55:24 pm »
So today was "pre-order Greninja" day today. I got to Toys R Us an hour before they opened and I was 13th in line ... I waited for a while still and about 15 minutes before open, a guy comes out with tickets ... 8 of them ... needless to say I was irritated. :(

Stupid that this is still a problem with Nintendo not realizing they need to double and triple their shipments when it comes to exclusives.

« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2015, 09:52:30 pm »

I'm done with this shit. I knew this was happening today, but I honestly didn't care. Nintendo fucked up big time with the Amiibos and they've done NOTHING to correct the situation or meet demand. The whole store exclusive things speaks volumes to how much they really care about people being able to buy these.

soera

« Reply #289 on: April 28, 2015, 12:15:23 am »
Ive decided that Im done too. Im going to take all the ones I have and put them in one lot and sell em off. Im not in the market for something that is new yet I cant get cause of resellers hogging up the limited supply Nintendo's sorry ass is purposely making. I thought pre-orders were to somewhat gauge what to make according to what has already been spoken for.

« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2015, 03:47:38 am »
Ive decided that Im done too. Im going to take all the ones I have and put them in one lot and sell em off. Im not in the market for something that is new yet I cant get cause of resellers hogging up the limited supply Nintendo's sorry ass is purposely making. I thought pre-orders were to somewhat gauge what to make according to what has already been spoken for.

Yeah I thought this too.  You pre-order ahead of time, then the company makes sure they have enough for everyone, which to me shows that it has to be purely a Nintendo thing only allowing a very specific number of Amiibo's out there.  Doing this through the first few waves is one thing, but it's been months since they started.  There's no excuse for this.

argyle

« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2015, 08:58:58 am »

I started to sell most of mine off too, but my wife talked me out of it - she said she felt like I'd regret it and then not be able to get them back for a reasonable price. I decided she was probably right. Still, I'm done going out of my way for them - if I can find one or two that I'm interested in just browsing in a store, fine. But if not, that's fine too, and I'm done trying to preorder.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2015, 02:05:57 pm »
I'm lucky the ones I really want, the Zelda ones, haven't been exclusive.  Should continue on like that for Ganondorf.

karyann

« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2015, 07:20:09 pm »
I'm lucky the ones I really want, the Zelda ones, haven't been exclusive.  Should continue on like that for Ganondorf.

Even the non-exclusive ones are getting harder to get with each wave, so I hope you're ready for what's coming  :-X

I'm not selling mine off because I bought them for a reason: because I wanted those specifically. However, I'm no longer trying to get the new ones, at all. I REALLY wanted Robin and Lucina, it didn't even nearly work out, I'm done. 

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2015, 08:50:54 pm »

Even the non-exclusive ones are getting harder to get with each wave, so I hope you're ready for what's coming  :-X

I'm not selling mine off because I bought them for a reason: because I wanted those specifically. However, I'm no longer trying to get the new ones, at all. I REALLY wanted Robin and Lucina, it didn't even nearly work out, I'm done.

I feel the same way... except I still have yet to get Marth and Ike... and I pre-ordered them

soera

« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2015, 01:14:44 am »

I started to sell most of mine off too, but my wife talked me out of it - she said she felt like I'd regret it and then not be able to get them back for a reasonable price. I decided she was probably right. Still, I'm done going out of my way for them - if I can find one or two that I'm interested in just browsing in a store, fine. But if not, that's fine too, and I'm done trying to preorder.

Sadly Im afraid you are right. I probably will regret selling them. Always possible to pick up a Robin and Lucina in the future and I still want Dark pit/Palutena/R.O.B./Zero suit Samus/Ganondorf and Olimar.

« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2015, 03:16:02 pm »
lol Took Nintendo long enough to admit their Amiibo problem.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-finally-acknowledges-its-amiibo-problem-291516.phtml

argyle

« Reply #297 on: May 04, 2015, 03:35:31 pm »
This is all I can think of:

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #298 on: May 05, 2015, 02:01:11 am »
Heheheh.  Awesome!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

foxhack

« Reply #299 on: May 27, 2015, 01:30:52 pm »