Author Topic: Fighting Game Collectors, what do you recommend?  (Read 289 times)

Fighting Game Collectors, what do you recommend?
« on: May 15, 2024, 10:46:05 am »
I'm a big fan of 1-on-1 fighters and already have a considerable collection:

https://vgcollect.com/currentlyplaying/toodlebug500

I'd love to hear your recommendations for anything I'm missing.

Thanks!

Re: Fighting Game Collectors, what do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 12:36:13 am »
Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 01:48:28 am »
Can your collection ever be complete without a copy of the classic Shaq Fu?

In all seriousness though, I can think of 1 fighter I've really enjoyed in the past that I'm not seeing in your collection: Gundam Wing: Endless Duel (Super Famicom). And for one I didn't: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL (Xbox 360).

« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 01:55:38 am by emporerdragon »

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 07:53:46 pm »
I don't have the time to go through your entire collection, but pretty much KOF, Street Fighter, Tekken, and MK is what I play 90% of the time when I'm playing a fighting game. I've played a lot of the more obscure fighting games and game series, but nothing compares to most of the entries in those four franchise, at least imo. Some honorable mentions outside those for franchises are, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Shodown.

kypherion

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024, 12:09:02 am »
Smash 64 and Smash Ultimate. They offer different metas than the other entries. Ultimate is incredible because of the sheer amount of first and third-party characters. Smash is an essential for each console it's on.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2024, 08:41:34 am »
Dragonball Advanced adventure is a fun 2d vs fighter. Best on the gba system

karnov's revenge one of the best 2d fighter's out there

Or dark legend on the saturn also known as Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty, known in Japan as Suiko Enbu. Another godly data east fighter.

There is also a sequel that adds a few extra characters but japan exclusive.

also titles you probably already want anyway

Haven't noticed the last blade 1 or 2.

Most accesible on ps2 on a collection which is japan exclusive. or the usa version of part 2 on dreamcast
Same for garou mark of the wolves which has either a usa dreamcast version or a japanese ps2 version.
samurai shodown games. ps2 or psp collection for those.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 08:45:08 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telekill

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2024, 09:29:42 am »
While not a collector of the genre by any means, I was trying to get the newest of each of my favorite fighting games during the PS4 gen.

Mortal Kombat
Tekken
Street Fighter
Soul Caliber
Dead or Alive

The only one I feel I missed out on was Killer Instinct as that went exclusive to Xbox. Maybe with the turn of the tide and Microsoft owned IPs making their way to PS5 and Nintendo... we'll see Killer Instinct make the leap.

Some more obscure and older fighting games that were fun...

Warpath Jurassic Park
Bloody Roar
Primal Rage
Toshinden

dhaabi

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024, 09:43:24 am »
I have very little experience playing games within the fighting genre, and my knowledge about it is mostly limited to the more well-known franchises. You, on the other hand, seem to have a robust collection of games from the genre. You obviously know the core franchises which many gravitate toward while now asking for some of the lesser known titles.

With that said, it seems like you're not opposed to collecting Japanese games and have a considerable amount of PlayStation items from the region. So, here are the ones which aren't marked as owned or a part of your Currently Playing list (be it PlayStation or another platform), just through the letter F. Most are exclusive to Japan, or they're added because they seem easier to collect than for other systems.

Advanced V.G. 2
Armed Fighter
Battle Master
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super S
Blue Breaker Burst: Bishou o Anata to
Blue Breaker: Egao no Yakusoku
Choujin Gakuen Gowcaizer
Fighting Eyes
Fist

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024, 10:29:13 am »
Thanks all to the great response to my post, there's a few titles there that I'm missing and will have to check out, there's also a few which I'd forgotten I had so I better get adding those!

One fighter I picked up recently that I can recommend is Shijou Saikyou no Teishi: Kenichi for PS2, it appears to be based on an anime that I'm not familiar with but is reasonably import friendly, it has an arcade mode (second option on the main menu) and that's good enough for me!

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2024, 10:31:28 am »
Really helpful, thanks! Always exciting to check out new fighters!

I have very little experience playing games within the fighting genre, and my knowledge about it is mostly limited to the more well-known franchises. You, on the other hand, seem to have a robust collection of games from the genre. You obviously know the core franchises which many gravitate toward while now asking for some of the lesser known titles.

With that said, it seems like you're not opposed to collecting Japanese games and have a considerable amount of PlayStation items from the region. So, here are the ones which aren't marked as owned or a part of your Currently Playing list (be it PlayStation or another platform), just through the letter F. Most are exclusive to Japan, or they're added because they seem easier to collect than for other systems.

Advanced V.G. 2
Armed Fighter
Battle Master
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super S
Blue Breaker Burst: Bishou o Anata to
Blue Breaker: Egao no Yakusoku
Choujin Gakuen Gowcaizer
Fighting Eyes
Fist

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2024, 10:36:46 am »
I do have Shaq Fu, forgot all about it, was bought for me as a joke :)

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel is one I've been wanting for a while, thanks for reminding me! Used to play it on an emulator back in my school days, happy times!

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL is one I've never thought about but thanks for the warning, I'll steer clear!

Can your collection ever be complete without a copy of the classic Shaq Fu?

In all seriousness though, I can think of 1 fighter I've really enjoyed in the past that I'm not seeing in your collection: Gundam Wing: Endless Duel (Super Famicom). And for one I didn't: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL (Xbox 360).

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2024, 10:38:23 am »
Yes it's not bad that actually, think that's the one I have digitally on PS4, was a PS Plus game once.

Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends