Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 524066 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4200 on: November 27, 2019, 01:53:00 am »
And I just lost the 5+ hours I put into Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order because I reinstalled windows and Origin doesn't autosave stuff to their cloud unless you specifically make sure that you make it so that game saves beforehand.  Uggh...Nothing kills a game more for me than losing a save.  Not sure if I'll get around to beating Fallen Order this year or not...

Oh well, I'll take this time to instead get Rage 2 going.  Game Pass coming through with something to play that I wanted to check out.  So far it's alright.  Your stand open world setting, but I'm alright with that.  Gunplay seems solid enough at least and I get new abilities pretty regularly since I can just go go get them if I want to with them on the map.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 04:32:58 am by kamikazekeeg »

kashell

« Reply #4201 on: November 27, 2019, 08:42:20 am »
Vandal Hearts II.

It's been interesting so far. The Final Fantasy Tactics parallels with the story are strong. But, the dual term system is making battles less of an ordeal. I can see it being pretty easy to abuse later in the game.

shfan

« Reply #4202 on: November 29, 2019, 04:27:19 am »
You're honestly not missing much by skipping Drakengard 2 since Yoko Taro is nowhere to be found. The game isn't nearly as bizarre as the first, either.

Fair enough, I've marked it as 'null' on the Backloggery, one less to think about. :D Won't get rid of Drakengard because of the Nier connection, but after about 5 attempts to extract some kind of entertainment from it I'm calling it quits.

Play it anyway- it's extremely enjoyable up until that point, and if you decide against the grind there's always YouTube.

I'll give it a go soon :D I'm past the point of cruelling myself just to see an ending, so that's a great idea!

« Reply #4203 on: November 29, 2019, 04:45:12 am »
Put a good bit of time into Rage 2 as my fallback game after losing my save in Star Wars and I'm enjoying it enough.  It's basically what I heard, that's it's fine, but doesn't do anything particularly new or unique.  Like Mad Max, or the recent Far Cry games, they aren't bad games at all, they just don't a lot to stand out.  I also thought it was gonna be more...wacky? I don't know, I felt like they've portrayed the game as being on the level of like Bulletstorm mixed with Borderlands, but while I'm not deep into the story and characters, it doesn't come across that way in the game in general as I explore and hit up locations.  If you've played an open world shooter in the past 5+ years, you've played this game lol

It's all very functional, which can be enough, but I think I'm only going to keep playing it as I am, because it's basically free on Game Pass and I could likely drop it for Halo: Reach when that releases next week on PC lol My hype for being able to play Halo on PC for the first time in over 15 years has been increasingly building for awhile now.

telly

« Reply #4204 on: December 10, 2019, 10:26:29 am »
I played about an hour of Shenmue III but I'm just not feeling ready to jump in yet, not sure if I want to switch to a different game instead.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

shfan

« Reply #4205 on: December 13, 2019, 02:38:32 am »
Stuck into Secret of Mana on the Switch (Mana Collection), going back to it now it's amazing just how short the game is. Don't get me wrong, it's still taking hours to plow through, and I'm being aided by the quick-save function to save constant re-starts, but it's getting increasingly easy to get through dungeons as I'm going on. Still enjoying it a lot and looking forward to playing Trials of Mana.

telly

« Reply #4206 on: December 13, 2019, 09:30:51 am »
I ended up putting down Shenmue III and am playing Infamous Second Son right now. I like it so far :)
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

doafan

« Reply #4207 on: December 14, 2019, 12:28:25 pm »
All of those who know me already know that I have been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf were after almost three years I finally was able to register another user that is not from my famiily at my 3DS, so this week have visited my new friend town at least three times I can't describe how awesome it is to play with another person, to exchange items, to show him my town and to chat a lot, dunno understand at this point why people don't like to share friends codes anymore, maybe I started to play with this console to late but it still and it will remain alive until we decide it, anyway I visited JVGS dream town, have been following this guy channel for a couple of weeks, dont know how he manage to have some much free time to play almost all the games from this franchise every damn week, purchaded one millions bells of turnips cause am aiming for another badge, snow has finally arrived and can't be any more happier, my villagers started to give me tips for those gifts that they want, Shep asked for some food and Merengue asked for a carpet, have created a couple of weeks ago the public project Campsite and finally got my first visitor, am talking about Kevin but honestly I don't like him so didn't tried to invite it into my town, Ken visited my town as well and after beating him in a Rock, Paper, Scissors he is part now of my town and he also decided to place his home at the side of another, this is the third time that this happen.

Have been playing Pocket Camp as well were am now Level 104 and at design i reached Expert Range 8.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #4208 on: December 16, 2019, 08:37:00 am »
A person on discord gave me a code for Code Vein on X1 and I've been enjoying the fuck out of this game.  I think even if I don't finish it, it's my 3rd in line for GOTY for this year.

godzilla

« Reply #4209 on: December 19, 2019, 01:37:29 pm »
Having just beat Witcher 3 (at the third time of asking!) I am jumping straight into the first expansion, Hearts of Stone.

Hopefully, I can get it finished before the New Year and start the decade fresh  ;D

« Reply #4210 on: December 19, 2019, 05:26:38 pm »
Just finished playing Axiom Verge on the Switch in a world record time of 14:16 hours.

Initially I was a little skeptic as the 8bit graphics and the reduced color palette reminded me more of the NES generation titles which I can't stand but the game has a proper soul and lots and lots of backtracking, demanding enemies and a very rewarding upgrade and weapon system. The story is utter bullshit though. Towards the end I skipped all the story nonsense. I'm looking forward for the sequel though which is due in 2020.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 05:31:29 pm by blurks »

mark1982

« Reply #4211 on: December 20, 2019, 12:17:41 am »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 02:15:32 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

kashell

« Reply #4212 on: December 20, 2019, 08:21:30 am »
This is like my fifth attempt at starting (and hopefully finishing) Salt & Sanctuary. Unfortunately, something about this game still feels off.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not used to my 2D action games having a stamina meter. I knew well before going in that this was 2D Dark Souls through and through. But, I wasn't expecting the stamina meter to be so inhibiting. Or, maybe it's all of this stuff about Creeds not being fully clear. Or, maybe it's that I chose the wrong starting class (mage).

I'll try a bit more over the weekend. I made it to the Castle of Storms, so I'm much further than I ever got. That's something.

« Reply #4213 on: December 21, 2019, 03:05:14 am »
Playing a good bit of Battlefront 2, it's amazing the turn around this game has had and there's new content out for it right now, I'm trying to get through Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, but it's still kinda rough gameplay wise, and I beat the last Shovel Knight DLC.  Also casually playing Modern Warfare, mostly because Battlefield 5 went and did some dumb changes, and I just can't be bothered with it right now.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 06:19:55 am by kamikazekeeg »

kashell

« Reply #4214 on: February 04, 2020, 08:26:07 am »
I'm replaying Breath of Fire III (PSP). How I adore this game so.

We just got to Rhapala, which means it's time to train Beyd.