Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514783 times)

alligo

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4695 on: March 30, 2024, 04:11:18 pm »
I started Sonic Frontiers and I like it, I think it's a bit relaxing as a game.
The gameplay expands gradually, I just unlocked the sonic boom and it's very nice !

On the other hand, you have to like collecting things, a lot of things lol.
The world is nice to travel around but the gameplay is sometimes imprecise like the camera.
The islands and level design are really poor, no mystery, only things to collect to advance in the story.
The classic levels are nice but don't reinvent anything.

The bosses are fun to face the first time but after that it's just boring
The bosses of history have really bad gimmicks and one of the bosses didn't even have a patch (bug with Knight during its second phase)

The beginning is good but in the end, we just collect things on each island for more than 25 hours... I have mixed feelings about this sonic.
The "final" boss is a joke, we have to stop making final bosses in QTE.

Started on 27 march and finished the 5 april in 30 hours.
If this is the renewal of the license, no thank you...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:47:15 am by alligo »
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

« Reply #4696 on: April 04, 2024, 08:14:07 pm »
Started Pokemon Ruby and got the first 2 Badges. Here’s my team so far:

Marshtomp
Beautifly
Ralts
Nuzleaf
Whismur
Zigzagoon

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4697 on: April 10, 2024, 12:24:11 pm »
Well, it happened again.
Once more I come back to a game I gave up on only to get into it. In the past it’s happened with Tekken, Soul Blade, Metal Gear Solid, Ico, Blasphemous, and many more.

Dragon Age Inquisition is one of the first games I bought for my PS4 (I very much enjoyed Dragon Age Origins, but only rented DAII and didn’t like it much). Anyway, I played through the first mission, left the first town, played a few minutes after that, and said “I’m done”. After maybe an hour I was so bored I didn’t touch the game for 4 years.

Finally started it up again a few days ago, not expecting much. After the first couple battles I’m like, hey, not bad. After a couple more I’m like, OK, I GET this now. It’s kinda like Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, but with a bit more direct control. The interface actually reminds me of Dragon’s Dogma. I can use the tactical view to survey enemies or just pause and think when things get hairy. Already way past my previous quitting point, and I’m loving it. Using completion of side quests to build the Inquisition’s reputation is ingenious, because it makes the side quests feel important to the main quest, rather than random stuff you do out of kindness.

One major complaint: having to use an app and hand out your personal information just to import the data from the previous games is INCREDIBLY stupid. What happens in the future when the app doesn’t exist anymore? Too bad, you’re stuck with the default world state every time.

alligo

« Reply #4698 on: April 11, 2024, 11:48:12 am »
Alpha Protocol.
So it's not bad in terms of dialogue choices but it's too quick to do one.
The dialogues do not have time to end.

The gameplay is bad, not balanced and archaic.
It's meant to be "infiltration" but it's not, because most of the phases are pushy or impossible to play infiltrate.
The character's mobility is horrible

The AI sucks, one of the enemies didn't even manage to get me even though he was in front of me with a shotgun...
The camera sucks, it is sometimes too advanced or buggy, the covers too, there is a problem with.

The aim is crap and as a result, the enemies sometimes find themselves being HP sponge
Fortunately the precision can be increased but hey, it's still pretty bad...
Hacking or disabling alarms becomes annoying over time.
In short it's a shame, plus here I'm stuck during a mission where I have to protect someone except that I don't have time to kill all the enemies because he dies in 3 hits so I fail every time...

alligo

« Reply #4699 on: April 15, 2024, 03:42:26 am »
Finished Future Soldier (Ghost Recon), it was not bad for his era.
Infiltration is good even if it's simple, the system of sync shot is nice.
The warhound is quite cheat  ;D

So I started DmC (reboot, 2013) and I really like it so far, it's visually stunning.
The gameplay is good, I have a little trouble remembering all the combos.

The only criticism is the repetitiveness of the arenas, it's always the same pattern...

« Reply #4700 on: April 23, 2024, 07:37:38 pm »
Addiced to Helldivers 2 pretty much
Also a bit of WWE 2K24 (so far, no real changes from 2K23, a bit disappointing) and returned to Stardew Valley (Coop) thanks to the update and new mods appearing, still a lot of fun