Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 574555 times)

scott

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 07:15:05 am »
@darko I really need to get that game back. It's one of the few left from my original games I had that I haven't replaced yet. I don't think there is a song in that game that I don't like.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 07:24:54 am »
Just finished Skyward Sword!  Time for some Centipede:Infestation.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jcalder8

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 01:24:11 pm »
Put some more time in with Alan Hawkins & the 1000 spikes.

Its a 2d platformer for XBLA indie games. It's hard but with 1000 lives I hope to make it to the end

forte

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 01:40:27 pm »
decided to give ReBoot for PS1 a little lovin...anyone ever watch that show? Badass stuff. Megabyte was a real dick.

madmax

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 01:58:40 pm »
I loved ReBoot, that show was pretty badass. The graphics were also really advanced for the day.

desocietas

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 02:36:51 pm »
I loooved Hexidecimal.  She was so badass.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2012, 03:07:22 pm »
I loved Reboot until Bob got lost and came back and everything had changed.

I've never tried the game but I do remember being interested in it when it was released. @forte how is the gameplay?

jobocan

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 05:38:11 pm »
I love ReBoot. I actually bought the new DVDs of the complete series that came out last year, and the show is tons of fun to watch. I really like the later part of the series after Bob disappears, there's a huge tonal change and the conflicts/situations in the series become a lot more mature... Or maybe I like those parts because I like adult AndrAIa :P
The first 2 seasons are great too, it aged surprisingly well considering how basic the animation is compared to modern 3D animation. Overall I love how it makes the life of "computer people" so believable, with tons of weird computer lingo inserted (like how Enzo is learning "Fortran" in ancient language class), and certain hardware/software like RAM affecting the world where the characters live.

The biggest downfall of the series is probably the ending... it's because the final episode is SO amazing, and then there's this huge plot twist and it just... ends... I know there's a sequel comic, but it starts well after the end of the TV show (young Enzo, who was created when Mainframe was reset, is a teenager at that point), so it doesn't exactly feel like a sequel as much as a side-story.

I can't wait for more news of the movie trilogy that was announced back in 2008 (they mentioned last year that it was still in production).

I've never tried the game but I do remember being interested in it when it was released. @forte how is the gameplay?

I'd also like to know. I remember playing it for like 2 minutes back when it came out... but I don't remember if it was any good.

forte

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 06:16:09 pm »
Glad to see so many fans here!

I loooved Hexidecimal.  She was so badass.

I always had a soft spot for her, it must have been the insanity and the BDSM gear she sported.

@jobocan, the reason the show changed from light-hearted to "dark" is because they finally got off of ABC. Mainframe Entertainment had a difficult time getting ANYTHING past "practices and standards" on ABC and had to censor things like Dot's appearance (the infamous monoboob) and wouldn't let her kiss Enzo on his birthday because they thought it was incest -.- They constantly took shots at ABC because of that (like calling Megabyte's forces ABCs) and once they were on cable, took the show in the direction they wanted. The cliffhanger always pissed me off, because they had the show wrapped up at the end of season 3 (except Daemon), and was brought back for season 4 to finish that hanging plot point. Then they did "My Two Bobs" because they thought they had 5 more episodes, 4 for "The Hunt" and 1 to wrap things up like the season 3 musical number. But, Cartoon Network or someone pulled funding, and the whole thing has been a comedy of errors since. No movie, a lackluster comic, and now nothing at all from them. But I digress...

As far as gameplay goes, it's sort of fun, IF you cheat. They nerfed the zipboard so you can't fly in the air, only over the ground. There's a cheatcode to fix this that makes the game MUCH better. You go around mending tears (which you need to mend them all to get the good ending) and there are boss fights in every chapter. It has cut scenes that add up to be a full episode, and there are special scenes for if you die to certain bosses (none good for Mainframe). Beating the final bosses with all tears mended gets you the true ending. Anything else has you basically restart the game until you do.

You pick up weapons for Glitch that allow you to attack, plus Glitch is used in an alternate mode for tear mending. I think there was a code to play as Enzo or Dot too, but I don't think I ever tried it out. I didn't like the game much until I found the flight code, which makes the game much more manageable. Otherwise it's quite difficult.

tpugmire

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 07:32:53 am »
@tpugmire I was really disappointed with Lego Star Wars 3. It seemed to lose the charm of the first 2

Yeah, so far it's my least favorite of all the Lego games I own, and I own most of them.

This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

madmax

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 10:05:16 am »
well I've stopped playing starcraft. It got to the point where I was always angry because of losses. The games not for me, I don't have it in me to be good at them (can't apply knowledge while playing)

I recently got the reboot series, ill be watching that for the next few days ^_^

Ohh I've also been playing super Mario world on snes. I've beaten it as a kid but I want to try to get through it again.

scott

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 10:12:35 am »
Still playing Dragon Quest IX... But I screwed up my priest party member and had to hire a new level 1 guy... Booooo. Hopefully Kid Dracula gets here soon I've always wanted to play it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:14 pm »
Guys, the first two seasons (or so) of ReBoot are on Netflix now, if you would like to start watching and have never seen them before.

Personally, I also have a deep love for Hex, she was so crazy but there always seemed to be a logical reason behind it, or something that at least made since in her logic. :P

As an adult, I recently rewatched the series and specifically the Talent Night episode and had such a great time with it. So many references to things that went over my head as a kid! Such a quality show, I also would love to get a real ending for it instead of what we got.

I honestly didn't know there was a game; I'm going to have to acquire that. I love the things I learn on this site!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

htimreimer

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2012, 08:05:03 am »
I loved ReBoot, that show was pretty badass. The graphics were also really advanced for the day.

that show was so cool

desocietas

« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 pm »
I just Gamefly'd Texis Atris and Pokemon Trozei... I haven't been playing the handhelds much lately since I got my new Android phone (damn these free game apps from Amazon!).  Sent back El Shaddai finally (barely played it... but might consider purchasing it when it's even cheaper than it is) and the PSP version of Williams Pinball Hall of Fame.

And Wakfu officially launched today after a week of server downtime.  Time to fall back into that black hole...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas