Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 579709 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4770 on: October 12, 2024, 02:52:55 pm »
Due to, well, life, I've been slogging my way through Ace Attorney 4-5-6 on Switch since March. It's a love-hate thing, but 80 hrs in I have yet to hit the "bonus" case for the last game.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #4771 on: October 14, 2024, 04:27:59 am »
I'm still on my 3rd. playthrough of Final Fantasy IV, in my attempt to finish Final Fantasy Anthology (PS1):

Due to wifey working lateshifts I buttered about 12hrs of playtime into it this weekend - after 24hrs total I already got the hovercraft-carrying-hook attached to the freshly upgraded Enterprise, now my almost final team is on it's way to Eblan to enter the Underworld once again via Eblan Cave. Battles got kinda hard for I didn't really level up characters until Cecil became a Paladin - I actually wanna finish this game with every char on lvl 100, though I don't want to start the real grinding until I got the final team together ... which should be soon  8)

I actually can't wait to beat this game (once again) and Start Final Fantasy V on the same collection ... this should take me years to accomplish w 100% ...  ::)

So many games, so little time  ;D ...
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

« Reply #4772 on: October 15, 2024, 09:47:01 pm »
Played a couple demo's, starting with Spirit of the Samurai, a 2D hack and slash game, where one of the hooks is that it has the visuals similar to stop motion, but I'm gonna be honest, I don't think it does lol I think some of the big looking monsters might have that vibe, but it otherwise it's just kind of a bland game with 3D models that sorta has the vibe of like digitized sprites like Mortal Kombat, but without the charm of what those old visuals were like.  I kinda stopped right away as visually it's kinda ugly, there's this filter or something that doesn't work for me and the combat is kinda stiff.  Could be something once you get into the game, but I was kinda turned off right away as it wasn't what I expected.

Something a little better was the demo for Crow Country.  It's basically Resident Evil, but with the chibi styled models of FF7, and a decent control scheme. No tank controls, abit more of an isometric angle, no fixed camera, with a gameplay execution similar to RE4 where you hold your ground and can aim.  Combat is okay, I didn't like how tanky the enemies were, they eat up the ammo like crazy and shooting them in the head didn't seem to matter at all.  I may check this one out eventually as I think it's pretty decent.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4773 on: October 16, 2024, 07:13:50 am »
Planning to fire up Virtua Cop - Elite Edition on PS2 after work.
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #4774 on: October 17, 2024, 12:56:33 am »
More demo's! Kinda fun to check some stuff out like this.

I'm always interested to see something new in the survival genre, Project: Mist having kind of some cool visual stuff with the promo, possibly dimensional horror I guess, but the game itself, at least the tutorial stuff isn't on the level of like a real demo and more "tech demo", which is a much earlier state, just kind of an ugly game with weird design choices, didn't get far out of the initial tutorial stuff to be like "Oh, this isn't even close to being done". 

And dabbled in one other survival demo, Permafrost, this ones abit better put together, sorta seems like if The Long Dark was more of your more standard survival/crafting game, having to worry about the cold and such.  I didn't play long, the camera was weird and I think it needs some control work, but this has potential I think down the road.

Thinking that since I played Alan Wake 2, it got me really wanting that Control sequel, so I'm gonna go and play some Control, see if I still really love that game.