Author Topic: Amiibo Selling Out So Quickly  (Read 5234 times)

Re: Amiibo Selling Out So Quickly
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 09:26:08 pm »
Apparently that Gold Mario is gonna be exclusive to Walmart.

http://www.destructoid.com/this-gold-mario-amiibo-looks-to-be-a-wallyworld-exclusive-287808.phtml

Silver I guess will be Target.

Is that a subtle jab at Target? :P

I wonder if these gold and silver Amiibos will be more expensive than the usual ones... ???

I doubt they will be.  Just mildly rare variants I guess lol

indenton

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 11:14:43 pm »
So with the rarity of a bunch of these Amiibo, does anyone have any comments on the quality of Shulk?

azure

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 12:29:52 pm »
So with the rarity of a bunch of these Amiibo, does anyone have any comments on the quality of Shulk?
He's on par with the rest of the line, as far as I know the Shulk Amiibo is the only sort of figure/physical representation of him on the market.

indenton

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 09:16:22 pm »
He's on par with the rest of the line, as far as I know the Shulk Amiibo is the only sort of figure/physical representation of him on the market.
After my friend pointed it out, I have to admit Shulk preview shots didn't look very good, mainly the face and hair looked a bit weird and was set up to be another derpy Marth situation.  But after I saw him from a slight different angle in a photo on eBay, I realised that it's just a bit of a perspective issue, looking kind of arkward from even a slightly different angle. I noticed a similar thing with Lucario. 

abe

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 09:53:00 pm »
After my friend pointed it out, I have to admit Shulk preview shots didn't look very good, mainly the face and hair looked a bit weird and was set up to be another derpy Marth situation.  But after I saw him from a slight different angle in a photo on eBay, I realised that it's just a bit of a perspective issue, looking kind of arkward from even a slightly different angle. I noticed a similar thing with Lucario.

I think sometimes it's more than just an issue of looking at Shulk from the wrong angle. :P

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 10:19:04 am »
I've decided that, with rare exception, I'm not buying these things.  If Nintendo wanted me to buy them, they'd have made more of them.  Then the Nintendo fans went ballistic and started paying absurd prices for them, which completely destroyed the market and made them impossible to find.  They basically fed the trolls/scalpers and now I can't get Little Mac.

And I'm one of the few people that wanted Little Mac because it was Little Mac.  Not because I was insanely trying to "catch 'em all."

indenton

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 03:03:26 pm »

I think sometimes it's more than just an issue of looking at Shulk from the wrong angle. :P

Yeah, that's what I meant... also it was only a matter of time before 'Shuk' was brought up

indenton

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 03:10:56 pm »
I've decided that, with rare exception, I'm not buying these things.  If Nintendo wanted me to buy them, they'd have made more of them.  Then the Nintendo fans went ballistic and started paying absurd prices for them, which completely destroyed the market and made them impossible to find.  They basically fed the trolls/scalpers and now I can't get Little Mac.

And I'm one of the few people that wanted Little Mac because it was Little Mac.  Not because I was insanely trying to "catch 'em all."

Yep, I'm only really interested in my favourite characters out of the bunch, only 1 - 2 from each wave.  I've never really collected things before, these figures are meant to be played with and admired, not hoarded and preserved 'sealed in-box'.  Unfortunately that's the market that Nintendo have stepped into resulting in this Amiibo famish. 

azure

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 11:03:12 pm »

Yeah, that's what I meant... also it was only a matter of time before 'Shuk' was brought up

Don't forget about good ol' Merf as well

indenton

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 11:27:00 pm »
I don't really care about Marth's silly face, I still think he looks really good

Toon Link on the other hand really takes the cake

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 11:30:38 pm »
my bestbuy got 8 meta knights in. and sold them all to 1 guy.
scum.
i had to get mine online

you would think that the store would sell just 1 or 2. all 8 of them.

indenton

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:16 pm »
The exclusive Amiibo deals in the US sound like they could more trouble than it was worth, especially if they aren't going to buckle down on purchase limits per customer.  Let's hope Wave 4 get some better treatment. 

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 01:09:34 am »
scum.
i had to get mine online

I don't collect these things, but BestBuy should of really limited the number sold to 3. Everything else in their store has a 3 purchase limit (DVD's, Blurays, Games etc.), not sure why these should be any different.

Seems the best way to get anything nowadays is to know somebody at a store.

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2015, 01:50:59 pm »
scum.
i had to get mine online

I don't collect these things, but BestBuy should of really limited the number sold to 3. Everything else in their store has a 3 purchase limit (DVD's, Blurays, Games etc.), not sure why these should be any different.

Seems the best way to get anything nowadays is to know somebody at a store.
It's the same way with Star Wars and Transformers toys. 

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 12:36:10 am »
Geez, the Midnight release for the Mario Amiibo was worse than I thought.  My Walmart only got 10, but apparently you had to be there like two hours earlier just to get something to reserve one, otherwise, going at midnight was pointless.  I don't know where you were supposed to find this out.  I'm not even hardcore collecting these things, but this level of limited is stupid.