Author Topic: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition  (Read 41858 times)

retroone

Re: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2015, 12:11:29 pm »
1. Shovel Knight (Steam) Beat Main Quest Completed, Only 11 Achievements left to go
2. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) Completed Another amazing Telltale game. Just wish I played the first game in the series.
3. Mega Man 2 (NES) Completed Glad to finally get this one of my chest.
4. Sonic Riders (GameCube) Beat Beat for an upcoming review. This game is terrible don't play it.
5. Metal Torrent (DSi Ware) Beat Metal Torrent is a VERY short shooter with 8 phases lasting 3 minutes each. Maybe I'm missing some thing but who knows

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2015, 12:48:41 pm »
1. Shovel Knight (Steam) Beat Main Quest Completed, Only 11 Achievements left to go
2. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) Completed Another amazing Telltale game. Just wish I played the first game in the series.
4. Sonic Riders (GameCube) Beat Beat for an upcoming review. This game is terrible don't play it.
5. Metal Torrent (DSi Ware) Beat Metal Torrent is a VERY short shooter with 8 phases lasting 3 minutes each. Maybe I'm missing some thing but who knows

Good job with Mega Man II!

Something to be proud of!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2015, 05:25:44 pm »
Started up Radiant Historia and Suikoden 1.

RH is fucking amazing ........

Suikoden 1 needs to get moving, only 1 hour in so far.

Also finishing up Dissidia.

kashell

« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2015, 07:13:57 pm »

Suikoden? By the time I reached the hour mark, I was well into the story. Did you do some level building?

Romancing SaGa 3:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/SNES/588634-romancing-sa-ga-3/reviews/review-160585

The review has some typos, but here's the latest!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2015, 11:07:42 pm »

Suikoden? By the time I reached the hour mark, I was well into the story. Did you do some level building?

Eh, I think more like I'm talking to literally everyone and just wasn't trying to go anywhere with the first hour. Just got to the second town and was farting around for a bit before saving to go to sleep haha.

« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2015, 08:01:23 pm »
A new addition:

21. Motorstorm: Arctic Edge - PS2: I was genuinely impressed by how well this game captured the gameplay and chaos of the PS3 Motorstorm games and crammed it onto the vastly inferior PS2 hardware. The damage and environmental effects aren't as impressive (which is understandable), but the core gameplay is there, making this game an awesome racing game on the PS2.

karyann

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2015, 07:54:27 pm »
So I'm technically finished with Touch My Katamari, but I'm trying to 100% it, so I won't count it yet. It really is a pain, though  :o I wouldn't even try 100%-ing it without the bug. I don't usually use them, buuuuut grinding THAT much is way too boring.

foxhack

« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2015, 09:18:19 pm »
Oops.

I accidentally finished Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey last night. So today I grinded the missing achievements and I just finished doing that - 52 of 52.

kashell

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2015, 09:24:32 pm »
GAME 16 - Splatoon - 13 Hours FINISHED
Simply a genuinely enjoyable game.  The singleplayer isn't particularly hard, but it leads up to an intense final level that was just great.  Multiplayer is also pretty fun even with the low map count, but they are already putting in a new one, giving a new weapon, and opening up Ranked play tonight.  I'm hoping it's either every few days or week they inject something new into the game.  Every match is 2 minutes long, so you are in and out pretty quick compared to other games.  Very little investment and gets kinda addictive with that "just one more game" mindset.  Also that 13 hours involves a lot of multiplayer.  I think the singleplayer is about 6 hours or so to complete, which isn't hard to get the scrolls in every level.  Really glad Nintendo decided to dive into a new IP as I think they have something pretty unique on their hands.

devancowan

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2015, 10:36:21 pm »
After a one month camping trip in Nevada/California I can finally get back to playing games on a somewhat regular basis. I was actually hoping to play a lot more there then I actually did but I managed to finish
Xeodrifter - It only took me 3 and a half hours to beat but was well worth the 1.99 on the Eshop. Bosses at some points were such a pain but after the initial learning curve of the game its not the hard. Highly recommended to pass the time for a few hours!

2015 Complete Games
1) Sunset Overdrive (XB One)
2) Etrian Odyssey Untold (3DS)
3) Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
4) Rayman Legends (XB One)
5) Xeodrifter (3DS)

kashell

« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2015, 06:15:33 pm »
Chrono Trigger DS Version:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/DS/950181-chrono-trigger/reviews/review-131457

I've actually gone through this game hundreds of times, but felt like playing it for a few hours just to reminisce. It's so good.

Mystic Heroes:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/PS2/562538-mystic-heroes/reviews/review-160719

Luminous Arc 2:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/DS/943145-luminous-arc-2/reviews/review-160724

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2015, 09:55:21 am »
MYSTIC HEROES!!!!!!

Anytime I see that game I think of how the title screen is the MC screaming the title haha.

« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2015, 07:29:22 pm »
Let's see here:

1. Grand Theft Auto 5 - PS3: I didn't like it as much as GTA4, but it was an incredible game and the characters really made the game for me.

2. The Misadventures of Tron Bonne - PS1: I pretty fun, diverse game with a lot of funny anime-like humor, however I found it to be on the easy side and lacked the substance I was hoping would justify its price tag. Cool overall, but it's definitely not worth more than $100 in terms of content.

3. Minecraft - PS3: Wow, definitely can see what all the hype is about with this title! I've lost whole afternoon and evenings playing this game and just building my world. I guess you technically can't beat this game, but given my investment in playing it, it is probably the best game I've played this year.

4. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F - PS3: I am a big fan of rhythm games and games featuring cute, anime girls singing ultra j-poppy music lol. So yeah, I enjoyed this game a ton, don't judge me! Oh, and it gets pretty hard. . .THE GAME PERVERTS!!

5. Warpath: Jurassic Park - PS1: A mindless button masher with below average hit detection and overall borderline broken controls. The only redeeming qualities of this game are that it carries the Jurassic Park license, some pretty cool dinosaurs make up the roster, and there are unlockables. Unless you find this game in a bargain bin or just adore anything Jurassic Park, it's best avoided.

6. Tall Infinity - PS1: A highly addictive puzzle game that involve moving blocks with different colored sides and matching them with the same color on other blocks while the ground beneath you is vanishing. Definitely a hidden gem.

7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time - SNES: This game is definitely an exceptional beat-em up, however I found myself losing interest as the game progressed, which definitely told me that unless you are a hardcore TMNT fan (which I am not), this game has very little replay value. A fun game, yes, but not one that I can see myself wanting to play again for a while.

8. Final Fight 3 - SNES: Not as good as the first imo, but it is a decent 16-bit beat-em up.

9. Phalanx - SNES: I fairly generic SHMUP with nothing really special about it; bland levels, bland enemies, generic power ups, yeah, pretty underwhelming all around. This game has probably been saved from obscurity because of the console it is exclusive for and for having possibly the most bizarre cover art in the history of gaming (look it up if you don't know what I am talking about lol)

10. Sin and Punishment - N64: WOW!!!! It is a crime this game was never released outside Japan, at least outside the Wii VC! One of the best rail shooters I have ever played and probably a top 10 N64 game for me, which is saying a lot! The gameplay in this game is just insane, combining SHMUP-style gameplay at times with platforming and non-stop action. After two play throughs the story still barely makes sense, but I could care less; this game is AWESOME!!! And dat soundtrack!!!! PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Jikkyou Ishaberi Parodius - Super Famicom: Gradius + LSD = this game.

12. Castlevania Dracula X - SNES: HOLY HELL this game is hard! Particularly the final boss which might be the hardest boss I've ever played it a video game. Great entry in the Castlevania series, even if it is a bastardized port of the original Rondo of Blood.

13. Virtua Fighter - 32X: Aside from the gameplay mechanics being mostly in tact, including the horrifically unbalanced character roster that plagues all version of this game (I'm looking at you Pai), this game is gross to listen to and look at, but I guess what do you expect for a game like this running on Genesis/32X hardware.

14. Super Mario World 3D - Wii U: I'm actually not sure how to feel about this game; on one hand it was a real good game, and I found the last fourth of the game to be quite the challenge, but at the same time I felt bored with this game, like I had played it before. For a 3D Mario game it was good, although I still prefer Galaxy and 64 over this one.

15. Guilty Gear XRD -SEED- - PS3: I have never been the biggest ArcSYS fighting game fan and this game really felt no different then the other Guilty Gear and Blazblue installments. I hear these games have incredible depth, but all I really did was button mash and flew through the game. It's worth getting on the cheap, unless you're a big fan of Guilty Gear then you'll love it since it is more of the same this series is known for. Beautiful graphics however.

16. Star Wars: Dark Forces - PC: An above average FPS and a must play for any Star Wars fan. The story and feel of the game fit very well into the Star Wars extended universe, and the soundtrack is incredibly retro and awesome! My biggest gripe with this game is the cumbersome and sometimes tedious level design of most stages. Other issues with this game were the spotty auto aim for enemies that were on a different level than you, but I guess there is a decent mod that corrects this. Overall though, a very enjoyable game :)

17. Time Killers - Genesis: Not the worst fighting game I've ever played, but definitely one of the worst. Gameplay is trash, hit detection sucks. Probably the only thing this game has going for it is you can dismember your opponent. But if that is your only reason for wanting to play it, just play Mortal Kombat, it's a much better game.

18. Custer's Revenge - Atari 2600: There is really not much to this game; avoid arrows, f$@& girl. A really shallow and tasteless game, but one to be experienced on the 2600.

19. Virtual Bart - SNES: I series of mini games (mostly of the platforming variety) that happen to be Simpsons themed. Truth be told, they are all pretty terrible, which isn't helped by the bad controls, phantom platforms, and poor hit detection. This game is bad and I can't even imagine a hardcore Simpsons fan being able to overlook this game's flaws.

20. Burnout 3 Takedown - PS2: Essentially this game rewards you for being an asshole and causing as much damage to your opponents and to innocent drivers as possible. This mechanic drives your success throughout the game, but honestly the novelty wore off pretty quick for me. I didn't like the lack of licensed cars either. Can see why some people love this game though, it's pretty original for a racing game.

21. Motorstorm: Arctic Edge - PS2: I was genuinely impressed by how well this game captured the gameplay and chaos of the PS3 Motorstorm games and crammed it onto the vastly inferior PS2 hardware. The damage and environmental effects aren't as impressive (which is understandable), but the core gameplay is there, making this game an awesome racing game on the PS2.

22. Sega Classics Collection - PS2: I very good remaster of some awesome Sega arcade classics. the gameplay is the same, but the graphics have received a very good overhaul from their retro counterparts. A must for 80s/early 90s Sega arcade fans.

23. Star Wars Demolition - Dreamcast: The worst car-combat game I've ever played. Horrible controls, bugs galore, bad level design, and clunky combat, this game is one of the worst I've played on the Dreamcast.

24. Quake III Arena - Dreamcast: A solid port of the PC version, however the controller support for this game is a blaring example of why certain games are just meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse. This game is significantly more difficult if you're using a controller, but even if you are it is still a good FPS game on the Dreamcast.

25. Virtua Fighter 2 - Saturn: Definitely looks prettier than the first one and the soundtrack is stellar, but the gameplay is where this game suffers the most. Not bd, but not that great either. This one has horribly imbalanced characters just like the first one as well. A decent game overall though.

retroone

« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2015, 03:07:17 pm »
5. Metal Torrent (DSi Ware) Beat Metal Torrent is a VERY short shooter with 8 phases lasting 3 minutes each. 
6. The Playroom (PS4) Completed Very enjoyable game that needs more content. Trophy Progress 100%

*Added The Playroom (PS4)