Author Topic: How did you find VGCollect?  (Read 9329 times)

kevininja

Re: How did you find VGCollect?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 08:44:22 am »
Heard about it on YouTube. Was watching Metal Jesus and he did a video about great ways to keep up with your collection. One of the sites he talked about was VGCollect. I had been looking for a fun and easy way to keep up with my collection for some time.

Same here.  ;D

kashell

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 09:05:08 am »
My buddy disgaeniac told me about it. While he's known as disgaeniac here, I know him as darkrpger on GameFAQs.com. We go way back, and one day he informed me of all this site had to offer. Eventually I popped in to check it out and...the rest is history! I've met some lovely people on here. What I like most about this website (besides cataloguing) is that everyone here is so respectful unlike 99% of the other internet forums.

silversyx

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 09:52:48 am »
The Metal Jesus of course!

tpugmire

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 10:17:32 am »
In the very beginning, back when the site was still in beta, Matt made a post on DigitalPress. I decided to check it out and I was hooked. Not long after, he made me the first staff member.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 10:33:21 am »
I found it while I was looking for some info about a game.

mrnikon

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 11:09:25 am »
I found it once I installed the app on my phone. I was trying to remember what games I had and sometimes I forget what I have and don't have. so thats why I got the app and then discovered there is a forum years later...And I only post every now and then.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 11:20:14 am »
shout-out to our

joshing & joking, jamming, jazzy, jumping jeosaphat, jovial, juvenile, just jesting, jobless janitor...jobocan for seeing VGC mentioned in his G*Faqs' sig  ;D

only *ONE* complaint! >:(

he's missed here & not nearly as active & around as much as he used to be :'(

jitter-bugging, juiced-out juice-head, juniper-jacket-wearing, jocular, junior, jallopy-driving, jealous, jackal, jibbering-jibberish, jagged-joint-smoking, jolly & justfied, jimmy-jailhouse, from jimmying, jiminie's jaguars's jems, in jeanne's jeans - just jotting, jennifer's jamaican junkie...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 03:50:44 pm »
I believe Kitsune Sniper/foxhack posted a link to here in a DP topic.
Like, I made the account back when the site first went public and then didn't really post anything until recently.

... I think matt or scott made the first post about it at DP. I don't recall doing anything to promote the site other than my signature.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:55:06 am by tpugmire »

soera

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 03:58:03 pm »
I was searching the web looking for more people to worship all that is the SOERA. I noticed a lot of names here who were not on my follower list and decided this was the place to take over the world. Domination is imminent!

rayne315

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 04:52:26 pm »
I can not remember the exact place i found VGCollect, but i was searching the web for large video game collections and came across a thread that had a few pics of and made mentions to TheFlea's large collection and this site, so i joined up.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 09:19:22 pm »
I was searching the web looking for more people to worship all that is the SOERA. I noticed a lot of names here who were not on my follower list and decided this was the place to take over the world. Domination is imminent!

we're not worthy.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 09:21:25 pm »
i had started listing my games in excel and then a guy i went to school with posted his games on facebook with a like to a site. i went to check it out and it only had modern games.
i didnt think to look online before.
then i googled video game database. loved this one the second i saw it.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 09:44:25 pm »
I was performing a google search for game collection websites. Somehow after sifting through Google results I found one hit for this site. Immediately I knew this was the ultimate collecting site and have never looked for another.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

maximo310

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 10:30:15 pm »
I was using excel for making my game lists, and I  didn't think it was working too well. So, after some google searching, and multiple failed attempts to sign up here, I finally broke through and made my  collecting database home here.

tpugmire

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 12:56:13 am »
I believe Kitsune Sniper/foxhack posted a link to here in a DP topic.
Like, I made the account back when the site first went public and then didn't really post anything until recently.

... I think matt or scott made the first post about it at DP. I don't recall doing anything to promote the site other than my signature.

That may have been me. I seem to recall posting a link when someone asked about different ways to catalog collections.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com