Author Topic: How did you find VGCollect?  (Read 9260 times)

tripredacus

Re: How did you find VGCollect?
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2015, 10:46:16 am »
I do not recall how I ended up here.

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2015, 07:48:48 pm »
I searched all over the place for collecting website/app to help me while out know what I have so I could purchase and make sure I didn't dupe it... Glad I found it everyone in the forums is great and I love being a part of it.  :P

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2015, 11:50:16 am »
Hi everyone!

I found it from being a member of SNESHUB ( http://playingwithsuperpower.com/ ), a small community dedicated to the glorification of the Super Nintendo and other games & consoles of times past.
Our administrator had a link to this place and once I saw how easy and user-friendly it was, I decided to stay and get my collection cataloged.

gf78

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2015, 03:37:33 pm »
Was looking for a place to catalog my collection with a Google search.  I had seen the site name pop up on some random N4G discussion but forgot about it.  I pulled this site up while feverish and delirious during Christmas from my well-timed flu.  Gotta love when they come on the holidays!

In between playing short sessions of Dragon Age Inquisition, I started cataloging. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2015, 01:10:34 pm »
Was searching for some Macromedia animations for some NES covers cause I want to use them in another forum after a couple of links and images found this site and as soon as I saw the collection option and how it workd decided to create my account and stay here  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

spac316

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2015, 03:15:23 am »
I've seen people in other forums with their signatures containing this site's tag and often I clicked on them to see it. Looked nice.
Before this, I have used Gamespot.com's database and it worked for me but I decided to move my efforts here and thought it sucked at first because I thought it lacked games until I figured you can add games then I became hooked.

jsoup

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 07:37:58 pm »
I've seen people in other forums with their signatures containing this site's tag and often I clicked on them to see it. Looked nice.
Before this, I have used Gamespot.com's database and it worked for me but I decided to move my efforts here and thought it sucked at first because I thought it lacked games until I figured you can add games then I became hooked.

To this day, I find Gamespot's database difficult to use. Everything takes forever to load and that's if it doesn't error out. It's astonishing to me that it's still like that after nearly 10 years.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 09:27:07 pm »
I was using an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of everything. The admin on one of the now-defunct regional arcade collecting forums pointed several of us this way. That's been, what, almost four years ago? Man, time flies when you're having fun.

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2015, 02:22:03 am »
Last week. People keep mentioning it over and over and over on reddit's r/gamecollecting topic whenever people asked how they catalog their collections.  I thought I'd check it out.

I normally use Collectorz.com 's external program database program, but had computer issues last year and still waiting in limbo for a friend to fix it and I figured I'd use this in the meantime, and eventually use it anyways as an easy way to show friends what I have in my collection.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 02:25:13 am by seberhusky »