Author Topic: The most difficult game you ever beat?  (Read 5446 times)

kashell

Re: The most difficult game you ever beat?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 02:23:26 pm »
SotN is definitely easier than "old-school" Castlevania games, but I wouldn't say it's the easiest game I've ever played. The second castle can get pretty tough, especially your first time playing.

I could see that. I think I got really lucky, IIRC. I somehow ended up in the second library and got insanely lucky when I killed a Schmoo and got its rare drop. Those that know what I'm talking about realize just how broken the game becomes after that.

argyle

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 02:51:37 pm »
SotN is definitely easier than "old-school" Castlevania games, but I wouldn't say it's the easiest game I've ever played. The second castle can get pretty tough, especially your first time playing.

I could see that. I think I got really lucky, IIRC. I somehow ended up in the second library and got insanely lucky when I killed a Schmoo and got its rare drop. Those that know what I'm talking about realize just how broken the game becomes after that.

I started replaying the game a couple weeks ago on the Vita when my wife was in the hospital, and I was *just* playing it some more a few minutes ago.  I was farming Schmoos. :P  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

retroone

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 03:59:08 pm »
2. Mega Man 2 (NES)

Want to believe that you are joking cause this one was beaten by my wife last year, actually is the only one from the whole series that she was able to complete, at least for me even at the hard difficulty is not that though.
I wish I was kidding.  :o It was one of those games that haunted me as a kid and felt very satisfying to finally beat it. I've never been good at the X games (which are supposed to be easier) any from the original series I only played 2. We will have to see if my "skills" can match up if a pick up any others.  ;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 04:36:46 pm »
2. Mega Man 2 (NES)

Want to believe that you are joking cause this one was beaten by my wife last year, actually is the only one from the whole series that she was able to complete, at least for me even at the hard difficulty is not that though.
I wish I was kidding.  :o It was one of those games that haunted me as a kid and felt very satisfying to finally beat it. I've never been good at the X games (which are supposed to be easier) any from the original series I only played 2. We will have to see if my "skills" can match up if a pick up any others.  ;)

In what world is Mega Man 2 easy?! It's not as hard as Mega Man 1, that's for sure. But Kirby's Adventure it is not.

retroone

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 05:23:37 pm »
2. Mega Man 2 (NES)

In what world is Mega Man 2 easy?! It's not as hard as Mega Man 1, that's for sure. But Kirby's Adventure it is not.
I rest my case  ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:26:08 pm by retroone »

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 09:31:55 am »
My latest high difficulty achievement was getting Platinum trophy on Metal gear Rising. I got Platinum for all Souls games (Demon's, Dark, Dark 2, Bloodborne) but that was a breeze compared to MG:R. That was really insane : youtube playlist.

Retro speaking I recall Ghouls and ghosts on Genesis being my nemesis for a while.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:03:11 am by turom »
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 07:40:58 pm »
My latest hight difficulty achievement was getting Platinum trophy on Metal gear Rising.

Yeah I looked at the trophy list on PSN profiles and it looks pretty intense - props to you!

Personally I can think of two achievements that were pretty difficult for me: getting a ten star rank in Silent Hill 2 and/or getting a black 5 star trainer card in Pokemon HeartGold Version. I must have put in 500 total hours into that game, and that majority of it was just to compete that Pokedex. Guess that may be why I've lost my taste for Pokemon since then  :o