Author Topic: Official E3 Announcement/Discussion thread  (Read 26713 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Official E3 Announcement/Discussion thread
« Reply #315 on: June 16, 2015, 11:10:05 pm »
Its still going? I just caught up to hitman, yes, i was FF through a lot of it lol

Im taking a break lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2015, 11:12:45 pm »
Its still going? I just caught up to hitman, yes, i was FF through a lot of it lol

Im taking a break lol

Apparently it's gonna go to midnight.  My twitter has a few people talking about how brutal this length is lol

« Reply #317 on: June 16, 2015, 11:30:01 pm »
This is hilarious lol https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraisers/save-jed-and-laura-s-asses

Finally the show is over.  I will say, fantastic presentation, good host, this is great for PC gaming, but 2 and a half hours is kind of a ridiculous time and there's so much they could've cut out.  Next year, I think they cut it down to maybe more like an hour and a half long and it'll be great.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:32:15 pm by kamikazekeeg »

yancakes

« Reply #318 on: June 16, 2015, 11:34:50 pm »
This is hilarious lol https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraisers/save-jed-and-laura-s-asses

Finally the show is over.  I will say, fantastic presentation, good host, this is great for PC gaming, but 2 and a half hours is kind of a ridiculous time and there's so much they could've cut out.  Next year, I think they cut it down to maybe more like an hour and a half long and it'll be great.

I loved the format! I thought the talk show format was a great way to get developers talking about their games in a less scripted way- although it was kinda funny when one of the devs (I forget which) came out on the stage and just stood there and started talking and then showed a trailer then left. I guess he missed the memo?

There is probably a lot they could have cut, but when you're looking at a platform as broad as the PC, there's a lot to cover there. Maybe if they'd done an hour to an hour and a half in two segments over different days?

« Reply #319 on: June 16, 2015, 11:38:11 pm »

I loved the format! I thought the talk show format was a great way to get developers talking about their games in a less scripted way- although it was kinda funny when one of the devs (I forget which) came out on the stage and just stood there and started talking and then showed a trailer then left. I guess he missed the memo?

There is probably a lot they could have cut, but when you're looking at a platform as broad as the PC, there's a lot to cover there. Maybe if they'd done an hour to an hour and a half in two segments over different days?

I feel like they could've cut out a lot of the repeat stuff from games that had already been shown a few times before and just done a short sizzle reel of the PC features unless they were getting something special.  Definitely loved the format though.  More of this, less of what Square did lol

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #320 on: June 17, 2015, 09:55:22 am »
Far too long.  left off at hitman with my notes. Not even sure I have enough motivation to finish watching it haha.

I left off at 2:30:00 and the entire stream is 3:35:21 long..... So over an hour to go still :(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:57:31 am by fighterpilot562 »

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2015, 10:50:34 am »
Mostly Everything You Need to Know Bout PC: (i skipped through a lot of the interviewing/talking)

Killing Floor 2

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Star Citizen: 
*No new information.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
* Powered by Dawn engine 

Total War: Warhammer.

Phil Spencer/Microsoft stuff.

Killer Instinct:

Gigantic:

Fable Legends
*Cross platform
*Free to play
*Plans for years of content

Gears of War Ultimate Edition

American Truck Simulator.
*Used google maps

EVE: Valkyrie
* Oculus support talk.

Ion
* (DayZ creator) 
 * Diablo style view.

Strafe:
*live demo
*Basically an old Quake/Doom styled game, even down to the very blocky/polygonal design.

Pillars of Eternity: The White March:
*expansion

Planet Coaster. (Rollercoaster sim)

Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns
*expansion

Hitman
* Dec 8

Arma 3
* Expansion
* Tanoa Island

Beyond Eyes

Dirty Bomb
*Play for free on Steam

Tacoma

Soma
* Horror Game
* Sept 22

DayZ
* 3 new vehicles
* Added single player

Take  on Mars

Project Blue Streak

Enter The Dunegon

Heroes of the Storm
*June 30th

Star Craft 2 Legacy of the void
* July 2015 Beta
* Free 3 missions

No Man's Sky

1049-2600-8730

davifus

« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2015, 11:03:45 am »
Planet Coaster vs Roller Coaster Tycoon 1-3?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #323 on: June 17, 2015, 12:09:48 pm »
Sorry for posting this again, but I realized I originally posted it in the wrong thread:

So Nintendo was just one big disappointment. I almost want to sell my Wii U because there's like nothing to look forward to now. And where are all the third-party games they were talking about having for E3?  :(

Oh, and deathmatch Metroid...WTF?! We want a proper Metroid game!!!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »
Sorry for posting this again, but I realized I originally posted it in the wrong thread:

So Nintendo was just one big disappointment. I almost want to sell my Wii U because there's like nothing to look forward to now. And where are all the third-party games they were talking about having for E3?  :(

We will bring it here haha.

The two worst ones were EA and Square.... Square was boring and dragged on. Felt like I was back in high school.

Bethesda was the best IMO.

But I do want a Wii U, got my list of games i want and its always increasing. But we all have different taste haha.

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2015, 12:20:46 pm »
I feel like Square's presentation would have been better with less talking and more gameplay/ videos that aren't the same as before. EA had some very weird moments, and I can't believe they spent a bunch of time talking about a Minions mobile game.

Anyways, I think Nintendo could have done more to show the games coming out this year ( although they may be thinking of doing direct closer to those release dates I dunno), and there aren't many third party games coming out either like Devil's Third ( should have talked about it).. Thankfully, I think the exclusives for Wii U such as SMT x FE and Mario Maker give it an advantage in variety over Microsoft and Sony's exclusives at the moment.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2015, 12:24:19 pm »
I still have yet to watch Square's presentation. Last one left for me. I'm hoping, if nothing else, they give us a full trailer for the FF7 remake. We only got a teaser at the Sony Conference.

maximo310

« Reply #327 on: June 17, 2015, 12:27:51 pm »
I still have yet to watch Square's presentation. Last one left for me. I'm hoping, if nothing else, they give us a full trailer for the FF7 remake. We only got a teaser at the Sony Conference.
The trailer they showed for the FF7 remake was the exact same trailer you saw at the Sony Conference. They mostly just talked about how it would be different from the original game.

argyle

« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2015, 12:35:35 pm »

So I was talking to a friend yesterday, and I pitched this conspiracy theory: we haven't seen a truly NEW Mario game on the Wii U that wasn't an iteration of one of the other games - nothing like Mario Galaxy. We haven't seen a Metroid period, and we *know* Retro is working on something. And now Zelda's been delayed. What are the odds they are building their launch lineup for the NX?

On the Square conference, I don't get the hate. Unless of course you just didn't care for the games they showed, which were mostly JRPGs. Did the presenters sing & dance?  No, but I don't give a crap about that - the footage they showed was really good IMO. Yes, FF7 & World of FF were repeats from Sony's show, but AFAIK the footage we saw for Just Cause 3, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Hitman was all new. And I know the Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness and the Kingdom Hearts 3 footage was brand new.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2015, 12:37:49 pm »
How I rank them:

Bethesda (knocked it out on the park)
Nintendo WC (really good, would watch again if they kept that format)
Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft
Ubisoft 
EA
PC
Square

System Count of games I want or interested in. (If releasing on multi systems, ps4 gets it)

PS4: 20
Wii U: 4
Xbox One: 5
3DS: 2

1049-2600-8730