Author Topic: Do you ever just stare at your collection in awe?  (Read 5425 times)

Re: Do you ever just stare at your collection in awe?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 04:56:08 pm »
Lol, I do this even though I have a small collection and only about half of my games are boxed or on cartridges.

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 05:08:35 pm »
LOL all the freakin time!

I love just standing or sitting in front of one of my game shelves and grabbing random titles and just looking at them reading the box art. It's almost just as enjoyable as playing the game.

abe

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 08:33:16 pm »
I wouldn't say in awe since my collection isn't all that big, but I do regularly stare at my games. It's rather satisfying, particularly with games that I'm really proud of because they were hard to get, got a good deal on, etc. Lately I've been enjoying staring at my IA/VT Colorful Crystal Box. :) Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus is fun to stare at too. Can't forget Pokemon HeartGold either. More games need shiny boxes.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

theflea

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 10:32:21 pm »
This is a no brainer, lol
Ya there are times I just walk around the room and start looking through my games.
You should see when I invite someone over for the first time, They spend so much time looking at everything that we never get the time to play any games. lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 11:21:25 pm »
I sometimes look at my collection and think of how much I've put into it and think I must be sick.

Fortunately my wife tells me that my gaming and collecting is fine and that she'll kill me if I get rid of any of it.

:)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 12:30:15 am »
Yep, many times.

stealthrush

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 06:49:18 pm »
No because they're kept in drawers. If I did ever buy Ikea shelves perhaps I'll gawk in glee. Although i'm not a collector, more video-game enthusiast and solely keep the games I really enjoy and discard the rest.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 06:53:13 pm »
Sometimes I pull up a stool in the middle of My Last Corner of The World and marvel at what I've done.  It's fun to do.

spac316

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 08:13:27 pm »
Yep, I think I'm proud of mine so far..

retroone

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 01:36:18 pm »
"Do you ever just stare at your collection in awe?"

I do tend to stare at it from time to time and I am pretty proud of it. Although most of the time I stare at it figuring out what to play. ;D

maximo310

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 03:22:42 pm »
Yep. I love looking at the hard to find stuff and look through all of the various goodies that I have. It's makes realize how far I've come in collecting in the last few years.

Warmsignal

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 02:20:41 pm »
Since my bed faces a wall that has a bunch of PS2/XBOX stuff on it, it's pretty much the last thing I see at night and the first thing I see waking up. I sometimes think to myself - when did I become this wall-o-games person? Then I remember I've been at it for 7 years, maybe longer, buying more games every single week.

Yeah, it's pretty awe inspiring seeing all of this great software in one place, but also sometimes scary. I buy them because I intend to play them, but I fear that I won't for most of them. It's difficult for me to do stuff like play a game, especially living with untreated depression and anxiety. Popping in a game often seems like building a house with my bare hands, in my mind. So imagine what playing all of them would mean. Just going out and buying another one is so much easier.  :P  ::)

But I keep looking at this light at the end of a tunnel. There are strict limitations to what more will be added to the pile and that feels good. I'm not collecting games beyond 7th gen except for Nintendo consoles, from this point, and my wishlist keeps shrinking ever so slowly.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:22:26 pm by Warmsignal »

aliensstudios

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 12:11:54 pm »
Since my bed faces a wall that has a bunch of PS2/XBOX stuff on it, it's pretty much the last thing I see at night and the first thing I see waking up. I sometimes think to myself - when did I become this wall-o-games person? Then I remember I've been at it for 7 years, maybe longer, buying more games every single week.

Yeah, it's pretty awe inspiring seeing all of this great software in one place, but also sometimes scary. I buy them because I intend to play them, but I fear that I won't for most of them. It's difficult for me to do stuff like play a game, especially living with untreated depression and anxiety. Popping in a game often seems like building a house with my bare hands, in my mind. So imagine what playing all of them would mean. Just going out and buying another one is so much easier.  :P  ::)

But I keep looking at this light at the end of a tunnel. There are strict limitations to what more will be added to the pile and that feels good. I'm not collecting games beyond 7th gen except for Nintendo consoles, from this point, and my wishlist keeps shrinking ever so slowly.
I do that too, I buy a game I probably won't ever get around to playing. With my Wii U though, I've completed or at least tried to complete every game I've purchased for it. It may sound odd, but sometimes when I pop a game in and start playing it, I feel guilty, like I should be doing something else. Every game I've gotten recently is something I genuinely wanted to play, but sometimes I don't end up doing so.
A lot of my PS2 games were found next to a dumpster at GameStop and I have no interest in about half of them, I just grabbed them because they were there. I've been thinking of selling off the games I don't want so my collection is just all the games I like, but I keep telling myself it's quantity over quality when I know it's not true.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

gf78

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 12:24:22 pm »
I love just standing or sitting in front of one of my game shelves and grabbing random titles and just looking at them reading the box art. It's almost just as enjoyable as playing the game.

LOL...I was doing that last night.  Vagrant Story caught my eye.  I pulled it out and just marveled at it.  Read the back, looked at that pristine jewel case, manual and discs....then I started one by one pulling out various games and admiring them. 

I've been holding out for Ehrgeiz to show up in the mail so I can lay all 25 Squaresoft titles out and marvel at them.  Slapping together a collection of games might seem pretty dorky to someone not into that, but it's like I just completed a conquest.  LOL. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

jsoup

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2015, 05:07:41 pm »
I frequently do that with my Steam collection.
"Why the hell did I buy all this junk?"