Author Topic: Beautiful, Limited Edition Gold PlayStation 4 Bundle: Can your bowels take it?  (Read 7901 times)

rayne315

Your job sucks but it sounds like your benefits are good I would love to be able to get basically 2 months of vacation.. your vacation time is 21 days/5 work days (hopefully) a week is 4 weeks and a day your 120 sick hours is 15 days/5 work days a week is 3 weeks. and 12-13 holidays? granted I have only been with my company 2 years I get 10 days vacation (wont get any more till ive worked here 10 years) 0 sick days (any sick days Is automatically taken from your vacation) and only 7 holidays (set in stone) and 1 floating holiday (for use for religious holidays like Christmas.. yeah that's right I don't even get Christmas off) my companys retirement plan is crap but the pay is good $18 an hour but with 0 opportunity for advancement in my company unless I go back to school for business. Im an engineer btw
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

Your job sucks but it sounds like your benefits are good I would love to be able to get basically 2 months of vacation.. your vacation time is 21 days/5 work days (hopefully) a week is 4 weeks and a day your 120 sick hours is 15 days/5 work days a week is 3 weeks. and 12-13 holidays? granted I have only been with my company 2 years I get 10 days vacation (wont get any more till ive worked here 10 years) 0 sick days (any sick days Is automatically taken from your vacation) and only 7 holidays (set in stone) and 1 floating holiday (for use for religious holidays like Christmas.. yeah that's right I don't even get Christmas off) my companys retirement plan is crap but the pay is good $18 an hour but with 0 opportunity for advancement in my company unless I go back to school for business. Im an engineer btw

The time you can accumulate off is pretty decent.  But from what I had when I started working in the DOC till now?  It just keeps getting worse.  Healthcare including dental and vision went from basically no monthly contribution to paying out the wazoo.  Copays have shot up and they stopped matching a percentage of your 401K.  People hired after 2005 now fall under a new "85 and out" plan for retirement and are not vested in a retirement at all until they have been an active employee for 10 years, whereas I fall under 5 five years.  Pay raises are non-existent to 1% for the last five years and we are the lowest paid corrections employees in the country, cost of living be damned.

As for the 80 and 85 and out plans, this is how that works.  When your age and years of service combined equal 80 (or 85 for those hired after 2005), you are eligible to retire with full benefits.  So if you look at my case, I'm now 41 years old with 19 active years of service/working.  That equals 60.  For each year that goes by, I am a year older and have a year more service time in.  So in 10 years, I will reach the 80.  At the present, they have a program called back-drop where you can work past your retirement date and collect a lump-sum payment for up to five years worth of backdrop max.  So say I continue to work here until I am 56, I will have completed five years of backdrop.  I will be paid normally, and then collect a lump sum payment at the end when I actually retire. 

I doubt I will actually retire at 51 or 56, because that's still pretty young and what am I going to do?  Be a door greeter at Walmart?  I will probably keep working at least a few years past that as I don't  plan on social security being around by the time I get to that age where I can draw.  I've always had a dream of opening my own used games store and a good buddy of mine has been trying to talk me into it for a while now.  Who knows what the future holds.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

OMFG!!!!!!!!!! I JUST FUCKING WON THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

davifus

Gratz
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

telly

Dammnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Nice job!
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

rayne315

Sunday night I hope to get a screenshot of the text and the website redirect up (I currently only have my phone so I cannot right now) and I would like to say that the wait is going to absolutely kill me!! The final screen I got says "please allow for 6 weeks after the end of the contest for delivery" That means I will most likely get it right around Christmas! Since I already own a ps4 I hope this one comes sealed in a special box (I've never won anything before in my life!) and arrives safely! If it is sealed then I definitely will not be opening it.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

Im ridiculously jealous. :)

devancowan

Congrats! Great to see someone on the site win!
How many time did you end up entering?

gf78

Congratulations my friend!  Even though I haven't won and most likely will not, I'm glad to see a fellow VGC'er get one!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

rayne315

I just received an e-mail with tracking numbers for my gold ps4. It will be here by Monday according to the e-mail which means I will get it on Thanksgiving. (sent it to my parents house as I do not trust the people in my apartment not to take it)

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

I just received an e-mail with tracking numbers for my gold ps4. It will be here by Monday according to the e-mail which means I will get it on Thanksgiving. (sent it to my parents house as I do not trust the people in my apartment not to take it)

You are a lucky man my friend.  I have seen the pics of them on eBay where people are already listing them after they arrived.  Comes in a nice black box with a taco bell info/pamphlet/thingie stuck to the front.  It also has a gold card in the box that is numbered.  Pretty sweet.  I'm envious.   :'(

rayne315

You are a lucky man my friend.  I have seen the pics of them on eBay where people are already listing them after they arrived.  Comes in a nice black box with a taco bell info/pamphlet/thingie stuck to the front.  It also has a gold card in the box that is numbered.  Pretty sweet.  I'm envious.   :'(

If its on the inside I will not know which number I received but my guess is I got around #4300 because I won the 24th of October at 12:33 which was a month after the start of the contest. 10 minute = 6 prizes an hour: 24 hours a day: it started September 24th = 30 days from start till I won: 6x24x30=4320

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

If its on the inside I will not know which number I received but my guess is I got around #4300 because I won the 24th of October at 12:33 which was a month after the start of the contest. 10 minute = 6 prizes an hour: 24 hours a day: it started September 24th = 30 days from start till I won: 6x24x30=4320

I think the numbers in each box are completely random.  They did the same thing with the 20th Anniversary PS4.  They didn't send them out in sequential order.

rayne315

I think the numbers in each box are completely random.  They did the same thing with the 20th Anniversary PS4.  They didn't send them out in sequential order.

Don't tell me that It just makes me want to open it to see what number I got...

what do you all think would it be worth getting it graded?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:03:08 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

That's ridiculous! What are the odds that a VGCer would win? Congrats!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas