Author Topic: November 2015 - The Calm before the Holiday Storm  (Read 19546 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: November 2015 - The Calm before the Holiday Storm
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2015, 10:41:53 am »
I LOVE Billy Hatcher unironically for some reason.

davifus

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 02:18:28 pm »
I cracked open Fallout 4 last night.  And you know, that lengggtttthhhhhyyyyyy install didn't even bother me because the little videos that play showing your 7 attributes were hilarious!   ;D   :P  I only had time to play for about an hour after the install, but the game is fantastic.  True Fallout.  It's not "up to snuff" in the graphics department with other current-gen titles, but it looks good enough and is a blast to play.  To hell with the naysayers and pixel counters!

But being that this is the "new pick-ups" section, I got three new goodies last night!

Swag
Witcher III - Wild Hunt Steel Book case
Fallout 4 Lanyard with Vault Boy charm (he's rubber)
Mad Max Magnum Opus die-cast car

Fallout 4 looks pretty good on my PC with my GTX 970 (Ultra Setting). I can't wait for Mods. Its going to make this game even more godly. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:24:47 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

gf78

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2015, 02:40:43 pm »
Fallout 4 looks pretty good on my PC with my GTX 970 (Ultra Setting). I can't wait for Mods. Its going to make this game even more godly.

Well alas, I am a mere console peasant.  LOL.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2015, 09:15:27 am »
Added a pair of new Fallout socks to my collection last night!   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2015, 04:32:32 pm »
Decided to give a try to another Simpsons title because I totally love the first seasons of this series and also because two of my favorite YouTubers reviewers said good things about this game, am talking about Krusty's Fun House even when there are a lot of ports of this I chose the one for the GameBoy, why ?, because of the details of the stages, because the animations of Krusty are well done also because this one is a lot better than the three previous Simpson games for the NES, the puzzles are simply fun, not that challenging just fun and for only 6.96 bucks it was a very good deal also my wife decided to finally give me a hand at the New Super Mario Bros. Wii so had to purchase a extra Wii controller, gonna repeat her words when we went to the store: it has to be a pink one because am a girl, so I had to paid $ 20.00 bucks for this mothafucka, hope that she can really help me in the game  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2015, 07:30:46 pm »
Went to goodwill and picked up these:
Dave Mira free style bmx ps1 greatest hits cib 2$
Xbox no cords 5$
Ps2 no cords 5$

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2015, 07:44:13 pm »
Found Star Wars Rebel Assault II and a green label copy of Gran Turismo 2 at my local Salvation Army, as well as 6 LaserDiscs (Terminator 2, RoboCop, Speed, The Lawnmower Man, Star Trek Generations, and Stargate) and a copy of Audioslave's first album.

devancowan

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2015, 11:33:19 pm »
Over the past few weeks I've picked up a lot compared to what I usually buy! Trying to expand my Vita collection as you can see  :)

Sorry, not quite sure how to resize the picture

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2015, 03:55:27 pm »
 got Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham for the ps4 which came with a little Lego "Tumbler" Batmobile

Also PIER SOLAR ON THE DREAMCAST I can't believe this is finally here after all these years. what I find hilarious though is that I only got the Shipping conformation Today

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2015, 01:20:09 am »
Finally!!!!

After purchasing this over 2-years ago I finally, in my possession have the Dreamcast version of Pier Solar along with the strategy guide! I hear this game is awesome, however I will never purchase another game from Watermelon Games after the way they handled the release of this game. Just happy to finally have it :)

theflea

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2015, 06:41:41 pm »
Another week and another week of fun pickups.  :)
Garage sales are officially done for the season so no more cool game pick ups from garage sales til next year.  :(

Amiibo
- Tom Nook
- Mabel
- Cyrus/K.K./Reese 3 Pack
- Mewtwo
- R.O.B. (famicom version)

WiiU
- Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival with 2 Amiibos
- Rodea the Sky Soldier - Limited Edition

3DS
- Rodea the Sky Soldier - Limited Edition

XBone
- Rise of the Tomb Raider - Collector's Edition (I was shocked to see how big the box was) lol
- Fallout 4 - Pip-Boy Edition  ;D ;D ;D (well I know what I'm playing next) lol

DC
Took forever to get this game, but it was well worth it.
- Pier Solar (damn they did a fine job on the packaging on this game)  :D

NES
- Game On Expo: Retro Championships 2015

"Happy game hunting!!!"

spac316

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2015, 07:36:08 pm »
I bought WWE All-Star and Midway Arcade Origins for PS3 today. I also got the Mewtwo amiibo and a bunch of Animal Crossing cards.

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2015, 10:14:35 pm »

Last Cowboom Console Flash sale I ended up with a *New* 3DS XL Black. Not sure how I feel about it though, compared to my import "normal" sized 3DS. It seems too heavy or something, comparatively. Luckily they updated all the 3DS homebrew channel shenanigans allowing me to load it in a more substantial way so I can't get locked out of the Region Free option when Nintendo decides to patch things and not push a firmware update.

I'll probably go back and forth between them for a little bit to decide which to keep, but I am leaning towards the "normal" sized one, as the 3DS XL is too big for me to (eventually) 3D print my own faceplates. Seems the XL has less plate options too as it only seems like you can replace the backplate and not both sides like on the "normal" size (I could be wrong though, if I am let me know). I just wish they'd release the normal sized one here already in a non-bundle capacity but I'm not holding my breath for Nintendo to do anything that makes sense.

Also got a White PS4 controller from Amazon Warehouse for $34.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:25:30 pm by marvelsofindustry »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2015, 10:15:57 am »
I didn't find any NES Games this weekend, but I grabbed a couple Genesis games.

TMNT Tournament Fighters (Label is rough, but it was $5)

Battletoads and Double Dragon (CIB for $15)

I don't feel bad about that at all.

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2015, 08:26:57 am »
I really want to buy Pier Solar for DC, but I keep not buying it because I don't want to wait 2 years for it to show up.  If I could order it and for sure have it arrive in a reasonable amount of time, I'd probably order it.

I really want that Tomb Raider collector's edition, but it being a GS/ThinkGeek and SquareEnix exclusive was no good, I need that GCU.