Author Topic: Searching for other members  (Read 2908 times)

Searching for other members
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:42:16 am »
First off, this site is awesome.  I have a question/suggestion though.  My brother is a member here and I wanted to see what games he has in his collection because we live states apart and when I'm out I never know if he has a game or not.  Is there any way to search by member name?  I've been all over this site but haven't found any way to view another member without clicking on names in the forums and he has not posted there.  Thanks.

scott

Re: Searching for other members
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:47:29 am »
Welcome to the site and thanks! Currently there is not a member search. Other than through the forum the only way to go to another member's page would be to manually type their user name in place of your own in the address bar...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:55:27 am »
Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!  Keep up the good work, it's come along way since I joined in August.

matt

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:50:48 am »
Hey maximkat. A member search isn't something we've ever thought about implement although it isn't off of the table. I'm wondering how we'd go about implementing it when all we really have to go on is usernames, so there really would be tons of functionality to it. I'd love to work on other ways to connect users. Hmm.

scott

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:52:25 am »
I know TrueAchievements has their user search built into their standard search and if a user comes up it just denotes it with a little person icon.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 07:55:15 pm »
I think a friend feature could also be cool in conjunction with this. Then you could see what items your friends have added recently.