Author Topic: Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Announced  (Read 2282 times)

devancowan

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Announced
« on: December 05, 2015, 03:47:08 pm »
After many years of waiting, Ni No Kuni 2 has been announced! (Ps4 Exclusive)  :) I know there's a few other big Ni No Kuni fans on here as well. I only got to watch the trailer briefly while at work, but it doesn't look like theres much of a connection to the first one. I assume there will be some ties ins along the line, but you're not playing as Oliver anymore. Thoughts, comments?  :D ;D

Re: Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Announced
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 05:06:40 pm »
Reminds me that I need to go back and and beat the first game lol

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 08:13:32 pm »
Dat JAW DROPPING cell-shading animation !

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

kashell

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 08:23:56 pm »
Wait, that thing with the ears was a boy?! I thought that was a girl. @_@

Anyways, I'm digging the look and the story. I just hope the game play is nothing like the first NNK. Man, there was so much wasted potential there.

argyle

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 09:16:01 pm »
Looks amazing, it just jumped to the top of my most-wanted list. :D

Kash, I know the first wasn't perfect - it certainly needed a few tweaks to its combat, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. What didn't you like?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

devancowan

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 09:33:00 pm »
Looks amazing, it just jumped to the top of my most-wanted list. :D

Kash, I know the first wasn't perfect - it certainly needed a few tweaks to its combat, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. What didn't you like?

I didn't think they battle system until you got into the ladder stages of the game. I remember beating the final boss of the game and almost immediately my other characters would die. It could definitely be improved upon

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 11:00:32 pm »
Kind of a bummer there's no sweet Ghibli animation in this, but it looks good.

soera

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 12:41:16 am »
The hype is fucking real. I just got a top favorite future game. Im beyond stoked!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 03:00:57 am »
The game looks beautiful.

devancowan

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 10:49:06 am »
The hype is fucking real. I just got a top favorite future game. Im beyond stoked!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You and I both !! :D

kashell

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 01:00:20 pm »

It wasn't an awful title, but the cons tended to outweigh the pros. Let's see:

*The alchemy system was a nightmare. Not because of the game, but because finding ingredients was so reliant on luck. While not needed to finish the game, the fact that you have to spend hours fighting one specific enemy for one specific ingredient that has a small chance of dropping wasn't fun. The thing is, they could have taken a cue from something like Atelier and made ingredients more bountiful.

*I used to be a fan of monster collection games like Pokemon or Monster Rancher, so when I learned that NNK's biggest gimmick was finding familiars I was skeptical. Like alchemy, there is too much reliance on luck to capture familiars. Also, Oliver, Ester and Swaine are much weaker in comparison.

*NNK isn't the only game guilty of this, but having enemies appear on the overworld or in a dungeon gives the idea of encounters being avoidable. Most of the time, Oliver was slower than the enemies so that was a slight annoyance.

*And then we have the battles. I'm sure you know the common gripes with those. ^^()

It's not that I disliked NNK, but there were just so many issues that made me wonder what Level 5 was thinking. Despite it's grindy nature, it only took 60 hours to earn the platinum. I tell people this: "It's a difficult game to recommend, but if you see it through you'll be well rewarded." I say that because the story, setting, characters, and presentation are magnificent. There was so much creativity used in creating such a unique world. But, playing through it and trying to do as much as you can leaves so much to be desired.

I'll just throw an "IMO" in here for good measure. ^^

karyann

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 02:28:13 pm »
The original version of Ni no Kuni on the DS (released only in Japan) had turn-based combat, and to me it seems a lot more interesting! That's partially why I want to import the original version.

Here's a short battle video : https://youtu.be/7zMjkIhMsXM

kashell

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 02:39:43 pm »
The original version of Ni no Kuni on the DS (released only in Japan) had turn-based combat, and to me it seems a lot more interesting! That's partially why I want to import the original version.

Here's a short battle video : https://youtu.be/7zMjkIhMsXM

See, that looks fun.

argyle

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 08:24:55 pm »

It wasn't an awful title, but the cons tended to outweigh the pros. Let's see:

*The alchemy system was a nightmare. Not because of the game, but because finding ingredients was so reliant on luck. While not needed to finish the game, the fact that you have to spend hours fighting one specific enemy for one specific ingredient that has a small chance of dropping wasn't fun. The thing is, they could have taken a cue from something like Atelier and made ingredients more bountiful.

*I used to be a fan of monster collection games like Pokemon or Monster Rancher, so when I learned that NNK's biggest gimmick was finding familiars I was skeptical. Like alchemy, there is too much reliance on luck to capture familiars. Also, Oliver, Ester and Swaine are much weaker in comparison.

*NNK isn't the only game guilty of this, but having enemies appear on the overworld or in a dungeon gives the idea of encounters being avoidable. Most of the time, Oliver was slower than the enemies so that was a slight annoyance.

*And then we have the battles. I'm sure you know the common gripes with those. ^^()

It's not that I disliked NNK, but there were just so many issues that made me wonder what Level 5 was thinking. Despite it's grindy nature, it only took 60 hours to earn the platinum. I tell people this: "It's a difficult game to recommend, but if you see it through you'll be well rewarded." I say that because the story, setting, characters, and presentation are magnificent. There was so much creativity used in creating such a unique world. But, playing through it and trying to do as much as you can leaves so much to be desired.

I'll just throw an "IMO" in here for good measure. ^^

How the crap did you get the plat in 60 hours?  :o It took me almost 91 to get it!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 10:56:56 pm »
I quit at 130 hours without the alchemy trophy.