Author Topic: Report: Kojima Finally Leaves Konami To Start His Own Studio  (Read 2825 times)

karyann

Haha, this and this other topic: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6718.0/topicseen.html

were created within seconds of each other. Maybe an admin can merge them?

Done  :P Seconds indeed, that was a very close one haha.

Back on topic, that's great news! I was afraid of what would happen to gaming without Kojima, so it's all safe now  :D

gf78

Re: Report: Kojima Finally Leaves Konami To Start His Own Studio
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 08:54:16 am »
http://kotaku.com/its-official-hideo-kojima-is-working-with-sony-on-a-ps-1748265892

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/16/kojima-and-sony-officially-announce-partnership

The new Kojima Productions' first title will be a new franchise and a PlayStation 4 console exclusive, according to a joint announcement with Sony Computer Entertainment.

"PlayStation's history is one of game innovation and great new franchises," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc, in a release. "Hideo Kojima has been a huge part of that history, and we are therefore delighted that he has chosen to bring his brand new project to life in partnership with PlayStation. We look forward to working with him on an exciting new game and warmly welcome him to the PlayStation family."

"I will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years," said Hideo Kojima, game designer, Kojima Productions. "I cannot wait to deliver, with PlayStation, a game that will become a compelling franchise."

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 11:07:04 am »
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

gf78

Done  :P Seconds indeed, that was a very close one haha.

Back on topic, that's great news! I was afraid of what would happen to gaming without Kojima, so it's all safe now  :D

LOL...seconds.  Literally.

OT, I breathed a big sigh of relief when I saw Kojima has moved on, started his own Kojima Productions and has partnered with Sony for an exclusive.  Sony really is the best partner for him as they have a long history of working with Kojima.  I would love to see that partnership continue and grow to encompass more titles, even if future games are multiplatform. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 11:27:04 am »
Anyone else hoping for a  Suikoden (or something equivalent) VI? Either way, I expect great things from him.

gf78

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 12:08:35 pm »
Thought this was funny....

kashell

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 12:10:36 pm »
That is awesome. And true.

That kitty is adorable and I want to hug him and squeeze him and name him George.

gf78

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 12:14:08 pm »
That is awesome. And true.

That kitty is adorable and I want to hug him and squeeze him and name him George.

LOL.   :P

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2015, 05:23:43 pm »
Anyone else hoping for a  Suikoden (or something equivalent) VI? Either way, I expect great things from him.
Yay someone thinking what I'm thinking.

The saddest thing is that a few months back a report emerged that they'd been working on Suikoden VI but shelved it due to their business shifting focus :(

gf78

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 06:44:46 am »
I think for all intents and purposes, the only game we will see from Konami is PES. They've shelved everything else and all of their talented developers have left.

Konami has stated how important their franchises are and that they will continue to make games, but they've also lied their asses off this whole year about what's happening with Kojima.

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 07:59:05 am »
I think for all intents and purposes, the only game we will see from Konami is PES. They've shelved everything else and all of their talented developers have left.

Konami has stated how important their franchises are and that they will continue to make games, but they've also lied their asses off this whole year about what's happening with Kojima.
Oh we'll see plenty of games from Konami but they'll be mobile games. With each one feeling like a dagger through the heart to every fan of their former glory :(

I'd love to see their IPs sold off. MGS not so much, I think its ran its course.

However I'd love to see Suikoden and Vandal Hearts go to Square or Sega (Atlus).

I'd love to see Castlevania go to any of the decent publishers and have them attach Platinum Games to develop.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:01:46 am by kmacdw »

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 08:12:41 am »

Oh we'll see plenty of games from Konami but they'll be mobile games. With each one feeling like a dagger through the heart to every fan of their former glory :(

I'd love to see their IPs sold off. MGS not so much, I think its ran its course.

However I'd love to see Suikoden and Vandal Hearts go to Square or Sega (Atlus).

I'd love to see Castlevania go to any of the decent publishers and have them attach Platinum Games to develop.
Nah, Konami plans on making new games of all of these franchises...

as pachinko machines.

kashell

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 09:27:43 am »

The saddest thing is that a few months back a report emerged that they'd been working on Suikoden VI but shelved it due to their business shifting focus :(

That's news to me. Do you recall where you heard that?

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 10:03:07 am »

That's news to me. Do you recall where you heard that?
It was a few months ago. It wasn't an article in itself, it was mentioned in an article on what was going on at Konami. Could have been any of the usual gaming news outlets.

EDIT.

I found something on it.

"Production on new games in series such as LovePlus, Tokimeki Memorial, and Suikoden has reportedly halted. LovePlus and Tokimeki Memorial producer Akari Uchida resigned in March."

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-03/nikkei-reports-on-konami-restructuring-dissolution-of-kojima-productions/.91229

The article I read at the time specifically said early work on a new Suikoden had been shelved.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:05:58 am by kmacdw »