Author Topic: Games Lost in Development  (Read 4189 times)

Re: Games Lost in Development
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 12:36:37 pm »
Here's a good article about the whole Free Radical debacle.  Reading, I remember the issue with Haze.  They built a new engine with c++ instead of C, and Ubisoft forced them into a PS3 exclusivity, which was shit because PS3 is one of the worst platforms to develop for ever.  The game never ran properly on PS3, before the exclusivity was enacted, they had it running relatively well on 360.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

I bought a magazine a while back that had a different interview, I'll have to find it, it goes into more detail about the shit that went on with LucasArts.

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2015, 01:40:48 pm »
There are some decent 8/16 bit RPGs if you are willing to give them a try.

Destiny of an Emperor on the NES is a really awesome playthrough. Final fantasy 1 on the NES is a bore now but if you try one of the newer versions (GBA for example) its a lot better. Dragon Warrior is a must play but IV on the NES is great. FF VI (III on the SNES) is one of the greatest plays ever. Chrono Trigger. Sword of Vermillion on the Genesis.
My first attempt at playing Final Fantasy I was the GBA version; I preferred II to I. Overall I couldn't really get into either.

Final Fantasy VI is easily the best in the series  :) and Chrono Trigger was a game I played through as soon as I finally got the chance on DS, it was a great game.

I own the DS version of Dragon Warrior IV but I haven't gotten around to playing it as yet. never played any of the first three games in the series. They're on android right? Although I'm not really a fan of playing games on my phone.

I've never heard of Destiny of an Emperor to be honest; just had a quick google there. Seems its based on the same story that Kessen 2 is, interesting. Shame it isn't on the Virtual Console.

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2015, 08:12:16 pm »
While it technically did come out eventually on a different console, I would love to see a fully playable Saturn version of Shenmue. For those of you who aren't aware, Shenmue was originally developed for the Saturn, and then moved to the Dreamcast back in 1998. There is pre-alpha Saturn footage of it, but beyond a trailer, I don't think any gameplay has ever surfaced from the original Saturn version. I'm sure it would not be nearly as good or immersive as the Dreamcast game, but would be awesome to try out.

maximo310

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2015, 05:13:18 pm »
Here's my stuff that I'd like to see

Saturn port of Virtua Fighter 3 w/ LM graphic card upgrade- rumored to exist but never shown off
Dreamcast port of Scud Race- only shown in a tech demo
Saturn port of Raiden Fighters- never shown but rumored to exist

And one's that have been rediscovered and will maybe be playable in the future
R-Gear- Prototype of Raystorm on the F3 system; supposedly game is complete and is being dumped for MAME along with Cyber Sterra
Super Mario 64DD- A port of Mario 64 with higher quality music;

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2015, 05:30:13 pm »
Tomba 3  :'(

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 07:06:38 pm »
Updated my post about Maximum Surge on page 2:

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6753.msg105358.html#msg105358

I found a (previously unreleased) video showing game play and the opening sequence! :)

Yasmine Bleeth and Walter Koenig baby!

Veilor

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2016, 11:31:49 am »
Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned - Looked really good, look it up on youtube and see for yourselves

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 10:26:05 pm »
Fallout 3 (first build)
Team Fortress 2 (first build)
StarCraft Ghost
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Sadness (wii game)
Star Wars: Battlefront 3 (first build)

sin2beta

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 05:58:37 pm »
Phantasy star is unarguably the best 8-bit RPG on the planet. PS 2/3/4 are decent too but nothing will compare with the first one. Its my dream series to see an HD remake.

Kinda exists (PS2 isn't HD, but I think it counts). Sega Ages for PS2 had a remake. You can even get an english translation from PSCave. Link with screenshots:http://www.pscave.com/psg1/download/

Mine are Earthbound 64, Starcraft Ghost, and Shenmue 3 (doesn't count anymore, but I kinda suspect it will be fairly different from the previous games. It's been 15 years...)
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2016, 10:55:38 pm »
Sim City for the NES.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 10:31:41 am »
True Fantasy Live Online (for Xbox) has always intrigued me.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01