Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge *2016*  (Read 66297 times)

Re: 52 Games Challenge *2016*
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2016, 10:20:29 pm »
7 - Dying Light: The Following Expansion (PC) - 15 Hours FINISHED - Quality expansion.  Added some fun new stuff, a big new area to explore, a mostly interesting little addition to the story that raises some interesting possibilities for the sequel.

retroone

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2016, 05:51:07 pm »
If you wind up liking Second Son, you may want to check out First Light.

I defiantly plan on it. :D

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2016, 03:58:19 am »
8 - Godzilla (PS4) - FINISHED/PLAYING - If I had to simply describe this game, I would say "Half-Baked".  The fan service part of this with all the great looking Godzilla monsters and variations is fantastic.  I kinda like the sluggish movement too which makes you feel like you are controlling some giant 100+ foot tall monster.  That's where the good stops.  Mission structure is repetitive and poorly designed.  There's almost no variation in the game.  The grinding nature of having to evolve your Godzilla to fight on higher difficulties means you have to constantly repeat the first stages and there is NO guarantee you'll get the items you need to level up either.  I don't even think that leveling will truly give you the advantage you need either since going the alternate path on hard puts you up against Monsters that are incredibly high leveled and they are almost impossible to beat, even if I could use more atomic breathes.  Just the worst design.  It reminds me of Dragon Ball Xenoverse, where they added a lot of stuff that people would like, but the combat and missions are so bad and grindy, it's not really a good game.  Such a shame, cause I felt like there's potential here, but it's clear they didn't either have a lot of time or much money to make a proper game and found ways to stretch out what is a very barebones experience...BUT I GET TO PLAY AS GODZILLA 2014! WOO!

maximo310

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2016, 11:44:21 am »
Updated list, now with three more complete games(Ikaruga, DDR Mario Mix, Limbo).

kashell

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2016, 02:36:43 pm »
My list has been updated with DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution. And man, that game brought back so many memories.

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2016, 10:06:19 pm »
Updated my list on the first and second page after the weekend.  I had planned to beat 2 games this weekend, them being GTA:VC and Hacknet, but not only did I not beat them, I added a handful of games to my playlist.

Still hoping I can beat one of those games this weekend.  Might even be able to beat Party Hard.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2016, 10:29:52 am »
I think I completed my first game of the year yesterday!

Gunpoint - Steam - 2 Hrs

Great game I replayed and finished in one sitting because I wanted to have some fun in the AM. Gotta start making the final list now!

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2016, 11:33:55 pm »
2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4).
I LOVE this game. 2nd time playing through it. Still great. Awesome storytelling and gameplay. 
Up next, one I've never played, Uncharted 2! I think I'm in for a treat ;D

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2016, 08:07:52 am »
Beat 2 more games, I'm up to 19 games beat this year so far.  Looking to beat Hacknet before the end of the week.  When I can, I plan on continuing playing Fallout with my wife.  Might start another game so I have a console game to play... probably something PS4. 

I have a few games I stopped playing for one reason or another, I'm gonna try to pick those games back up at some point.

kashell

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2016, 10:17:56 am »
I finished Valyria Chronicles 3: EE last night. I'm writing a review for it now.

abe

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2016, 03:48:33 pm »
Played through Hoshi no Kirby. Super short, but fun. Was a nice freebie with the Game Boy I bought recently. That makes it the third Kirby game I've finished this year. :o I never noticed until just now.

Finished Games (replayed games are in purple)

1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) Jan-17
2) Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA) Jan-31
3) Hoshi no Kirby 2 (GB) [JP] Feb-07
4) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) Feb-09
5) Hoshi no Kirby (GB) [JP] Feb-16 **New**
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

abe

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2016, 07:37:29 pm »
Double post oh noooo... :(

Just finished Wolfenstein: The New Order. It was fun. Not much to say other than that.

Finished Games (replayed games are in purple)

1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) Jan-17
2) Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA) Jan-31
3) Hoshi no Kirby 2 (GB) [JP] Feb-07
4) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) Feb-09
5) Hoshi no Kirby (GB) [JP] Feb-16 **New**
6) Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) Feb-16 **New**
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2016, 09:08:38 pm »
9 - Street Fighter V (PS4) - PLAYING - Mechanically, it's Street Fighter, so it plays really well, it's just abit of a bummer it was so clearly released early.  The network servers weren't ready for the player load despite many betas, and it's missing things ranging from a proper story mode, arcade mode, to the costume/character store, and I'm sure other things.  It's a very barebones release.  Even that Character Prologue they weirdly mislabel as "Character Story", isn't anything more than 4 fights against easy CPU's with some voice acting and kinda very rushed artwork.  It's not as good as it could've been.  Even rushed, it seems likes it could've looked better with the artwork, especially from such a respected Capcom artist.  Everyone's prologue only takes like 5 or 10 minutes a piece to beat.  I shouldn't say I'm surprised by it being rushed, mostly because it's clear they wanted the game out before the big tournaments start up.  Totally playable, but it's not gonna be a complete game till at least June when they release story mode.

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2016, 06:06:42 pm »
10 - Golden Axe (Genesis/PC) - 18 MINUTES FINISHED - Well this game is kinda awful lol I got it free cause of the current Steam deal and figured I'd give it a look since I never did before, but it's not fun.  Combat is basic, but it's incredibly easy to just get stunlocked or rammed by people.  Magic isn't super helpful either, cause it stacks, so if you have 4, then you are just gonna use up all 4 at once, rather than having 4 to help you out in jams.  I'm probably cheating by adding in such a short experience, but I played to a gameover and just wasn't wanting anymore lol

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2016, 02:55:39 am »
Updated my page 1 post.

Beat Rise of the Tomb Raider and Child of Light this week.

Started Xenoblade Chronicles X.