Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge *2016*  (Read 69217 times)

PlayerC90

Re: 52 Games Challenge *2016*
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2016, 06:06:28 am »
Original post: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.msg111013.html#msg111013

20. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment [PS1]: 4/5, ~50 hours
I really liked this one. This game provides a great ending to this half of Persona, before the series got rebooted.

maximo310

« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2016, 05:59:25 pm »
New week, new stuff:
25. The Legend of Kage 2(DS)-  CompletedThis is a sequel to the 1984 arcade game Legend of Kage, and feels like a reboot in many ways.  The gameplay has been improved with new skills, ninjustu from orbs, and a pretty decent soundtrack. However, the level design is not great; you can skip over huge portions to get to the end of it; bosses aren't too bad besides the last few. The ninjustu was a waste due to only a few being useful and the rest not really helping. I'd say it was ok; but a bunch of fixing will be needed for a better sequel. 5.5/10

26. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia(DS)- 60% complete- A friend reccomended this one to me. Overall, there's a lot of items and weapons to get and the difficulty is actually pretty well-balanced so far. I'm looking forward to playing the rest of it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:10:13 pm by maximo310 »

kashell

« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2016, 08:17:04 pm »
Finally got some more reviews up. Since the four Muramasa DLCs count as one, I'll go for a 55 Game challenge. ^.~

retroone

« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2016, 11:59:36 pm »
1. Portal Stories: Mel (Steam) Completed The closest thing we're gonna get to Portal 3! Amazing mod! Achievement Progress 100%
2. Emily is Away (Steam) Completed I have no idea why I played this Achievement Progress 100%
3. The Walking Dead (PS4) Completed I played the series in reverse but this game is overall better than Season 2 Trophy Progress 100%
4. Teslagrad (PS4) Completed Would recommend to anyone who is interested in Metroid-esque games. Trophy Progress 100%
5. LittleBIGPlanet 3 (PS4) Completed Great game, but ruined but numerous glitches and bugs. Trophy Progress 100%
6. inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) Completed This game is amazing. Play it now. Trophy Progress 100%
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) Completed Great game, never play through the game on UBER legit. Trophy Progress 100%
8. Gun.Smoke (NES) Beat Blistered thumbs! Used unlimited continues.
9. Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative (Steam) Beat Another amazing Portal 2 mod!
10. TRANSFORMERS: Devastation (PS4) Beat Certainly a well made Transformers game, the trophy list isn't though. Trophy Progress 91%
11. Rocket League (Steam) Completed Such an amazing game I beat it twice! Achievement Progress 100%
12. Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (Steam) Beat For a free expansion YCG went above and beyond. 10/10
13. Freedom Planet (Steam) Beat Completed Mila's Quest. All character quests done!
14. Gunstar Heroes (Steam) Beat Defiantly going to have to re-buy for my Genesis, a blast to play.

Added: Gunstar Heroes (Steam)

PlayerC90

« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2016, 04:54:53 am »
And another one :D

21. Castlevania Chronicles [PS1]: 4/5, 10-15 hours
Finished Original Mode. Oh boy, this game is way tougher than Rondo of Blood was. But it never really felt unfair, except for maybe 1 or 2 jumps that I felt were unnecessary. Great game :)

Edit:
22. Corpse Party [steam]: 4/5, ~16 hours
Way inferior compared to the PSP version, but it was definitely interesting to play this version. Not sure if I will play it a third time on 3DS though :P Collected all steam achievements.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:31:08 pm by PlayerC90 »

telly

« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2016, 12:33:33 pm »
Game 9 - The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass (DS) - 20 Hours

My third Zelda game! Here's what I thought:

+ First, I was really blown away by how nicely the game controlled, and how it really used everything that the DS was capable of. I've never played a DS game that used the touch screen, mic, putting the game to sleep, etc. like this game. Being able to write on the map was also really nice, it made me want to be able to do that for other Zelda games. It was also really cool to just sail through the open waters finding islands and treasure. Plus the story wasn't half bad either!

- My major gripe with the game was that it was farrrr to easy. I never really had any trouble with any of the dungeons or puzzles; almost every secret and obstacle was directly described for you in a sign or otherwise obvious location. There would be maps and images of how to navigate trouble spots, and non too hidden directions on how to locate secrets. It was a little disappointing that there wasn't a lot of challenge, the most challenge I had was from trying to make it through the Ocean Temple in as quick a time as possible. And the soundtrack was kind of uninspired and repetitive, but that's more of a minor point.

Back to my list
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:41:52 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2016, 04:40:38 pm »
Handheld games get played so much slower for me, I'll probably get through AC Revelations and 3 before I finish Fire Emblem Fates Birthright.

maximo310

« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2016, 12:52:48 am »
Handheld games get played so much slower for me, I'll probably get through AC Revelations and 3 before I finish Fire Emblem Fates Birthright.
Hey at least you're not playing Conquest and/or Revelations. Those maps are even longer, especially in Conquest with the enemy formations and objectives.  Some RPG's feel like they go for a bit too long at times.

« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2016, 02:15:05 am »

I still haven't beaten Hyrule Warriors Legends yet, despite getting it back when it launched, and I've beaten two other games since then lol I plan to just finish it soon since I don't think I have much left with the story after getting to the first Wind Waker level.  Handhelds aren't my favorite systems, so I rarely play them.  Heck, I also have Prioject Mirai DX to beat and I've had that for weeks too and I'm only part way through that.  Also need to beat them and Twilight Princess HD here soon.  May has kind of a few games I plan to get too such as Overwatch and I'm planning to rent Uncharted 4 and Doom.

« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2016, 08:07:44 am »
Hey at least you're not playing Conquest and/or Revelations. Those maps are even longer, especially in Conquest with the enemy formations and objectives.  Some RPG's feel like they go for a bit too long at times.
I'm taking a break after Birthright to finish Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and then I'm going to jump into Conquest.  After Conquest I might take a break and finish Phoenix Wright before I jump into Revelations.  Probably won't get to Revelations this year.

On a topic related note, I finished AC: Revelations last night, so I think I'll be starting AC3 when I get off work.  I'm thinking about playing AC Chronicles China though, since it sounds like it is relevant to the Ezio story.

abe

« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2016, 10:11:32 pm »
My first game completion of the month and the first thing I've finished since wrapping up the last of my exams and schoolwork is... Mother 3! It remains an awesome game after this replay, and the ending was still pretty emotional even though I knew how it was going to go down. It was nice to have a repro cart to finally be able to play the game in English on actual Game Boy hardware rather than emulation. If this ever gets an official release through the WiiU Virtual Console or some other means, I'll gladly buy it. Let me give you more money Nintendo!

Since my completion list is making my posts kinda long now, I'll just keep editing this post for my full completion list and link back to it in future posts to cut down on their length. I probably should've done that from the start, but oh well. :-[

*Edit: Started adding new completed games to this post.

Finished Games (replayed games are in purple)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) Jan-17
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA) Jan-31
  • Hoshi no Kirby 2 (GB) [JP] Feb-07
  • Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) Feb-09
  • Hoshi no Kirby (GB) [JP] Feb-16
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) Feb-16
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (3DS) Mar-01
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (WiiU) Mar-11
  • Pikmin 3 (WiiU) Mar-13
  • Hoshi no Kirby 64 (N64) [JP] Mar-17
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS) Mar-26
  • Super Mario Sunshine (GCN) Apr-07
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4) Apr-10
  • Guitar Hero II (PS2) Apr-15
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) Apr-18
  • Mother 3 (GBA) May-01
  • Tales of Graces f (PS3) May-06
  • Call of Duty: World at War (PS3) May-16
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby (3DS) May-28
  • Mega Man (via the Legacy Collection on the 3DS) May-31
  • Resident Evil HD (PS4) Aug-30 **New**
  • Pokémon Sun (3DS) Dec-01 **New**
  • Battlefield 1 (PS4) Dec-02 **New**
  • Mario Kart 7 (3DS) Dec-18 **New**
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (PS3) Dec-23 **New**
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 02:04:28 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

shfan

« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2016, 12:45:25 am »
4) Dark Souls III (PS4)

Whew, made it, never managed to beat a Souls game before. Coming from Bloodborne (which I count as Souls and is one I've yet to beat) this seemed surprisingly easy, though several bosses did require many attempts before they gave up the ghost. The second half of the game, despite some massive areas to explore, also seemed more willing to give up its secrets (to an extent, optional areas hard as hell). This was a good challenge and something I really enjoyed, looking forward to going back to Bloodborne with renewed drive to finish it.

kashell

« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2016, 08:37:53 am »
Galerians has been finished and a review is posted. I'm still working on my Panzer Dragoon Saga review. The next game I finish will probably be Nights of Azure.

« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2016, 11:12:04 am »
Just to further this.  I beat AC Revelations and AC Chronicles China, and I'm at memory sequence 11 of 12 in AC3.  I have made no further progress in FE Fates... at all... still sitting at Chapter 20.

I will probably finish AC: Syndicate before I beat Birthright.  And I still have AC:IV, AC:Unity, AC:Rogue, and the rest of the Chronicles trilogy.

To update.  I'm at 45 game beat out of 56 games played.  Will beat game 46 by the end of the week.

shfan

« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2016, 05:43:39 pm »
5) Guerrilla Strike (PS2)

Budget shoot em up where you shoot down choppers and space ships with your chopper, plays like a budget Amiga game, 15 levels of average shooting. Managed to finish it in a single sitting. Well, they can't all be RPGs or 40-hour + monsters.