Author Topic: Star Wars BattleFront III  (Read 722 times)

Star Wars BattleFront III
« on: January 22, 2016, 07:53:00 am »
So did anyone else see the 4chan/reddit posts yesterday about some guy leaking the alpha build of the original Star Wars BattleFront III developed by Free Radical Design?

I may have downloaded it, but until I acquire a 360 devkit or modded 360, I can't know if it works.  But it sounds legit.

aliensstudios

Re: Star Wars BattleFront III
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:50:29 am »
Idk do you think it's worth it? The current Battlefront plays pretty good.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:26:27 am »
I'm a giant fan of Free Radical Design, so a chance to play their prototype of the game sounds fantastic.  I'm gonna keep an eye out for a cheap 360 for me to mod.

gf78

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 01:55:02 pm »
I'm a giant fan of Free Radical Design, so a chance to play their prototype of the game sounds fantastic.  I'm gonna keep an eye out for a cheap 360 for me to mod.

I really liked Free Radical....until they made Haze.  That game was a steaming pile of manure. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 01:56:16 pm »

I really like the new Battlefront as well.  But I gotta say....EA better get off their asses and start releasing some DLC for that insanely overpriced season pass they roped me into.  Never again EA....never again.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 02:04:44 pm »

I really liked Free Radical....until they made Haze.  That game was a steaming pile of manure.
I've read so many articles about Haze and FRD's development methods and how Ubisoft treated them.  I understand why Haze sucked.  I actually quite liked the multiplayer in Haze, but I recognize that it was no Timesplitters.

Haze was destined to fail at every turn.  They were too ambitious, made poor decisions, forced into PS3 exclusivity, and Haze... HAZE... was originally developed to be on 360, not PS3, that was the major step that screwed them.