Author Topic: Capcom Steel Battalion controllers  (Read 3607 times)

killerchameleon

Capcom Steel Battalion controllers
« on: February 29, 2012, 07:14:27 pm »
Has anyone added the Capcom Steel Battalion controllers yet?  I’ve tried searching for it but can’t seem to find it.
Photobucket

scott

Re: Capcom Steel Battalion controllers
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:23:49 pm »
I don't think anyone has. Man I wish I could find a decently priced copy of that game. I've always wanted to play it, and it'd be a neat show piece.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

killerchameleon

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 07:39:00 pm »
Yeah, I have five complete sets.  I use to have five Xboxes networked using all five controllers playing Steel Battalion Line of Contact.  Missing a few copies of Line of Contact but I still have the controllers.  I wish the Line of Contact server was still online.

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:47:09 pm »
Nice

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:53:40 pm »
That sounds pretty awesome. I've always wanted one of these.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:35:15 pm »
I need to pick up the game at some point. Found the controller at a Goodwill; it only had a single broken toggle switch. I was rather surprised. Been itching to try it out for a while.

killerchameleon

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 04:46:20 am »
You can play the first Steel Battalion game but Line of Contact needs to be connected to the server and that’s been down for years.  You can still play head to head matches but you would need to find another controller, good luck doing that.  I’m surprised you found one at Goodwill now that’s a find.  I got my first one as a gift and picked up the other four when people started dumping them, I think I paid between $50 to $80 each.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:44 am »
Yeah, I don't even have the first game. Picked up the controller for $5, nobody had any idea what it was. Didn't have a box and was missing the breakaway cable, but I wasn't complaining at that price.

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 08:50:16 am »
@dstone I wouldn't complain if the price was 10 times that but I have yet to find it at a good price locally and shipping always kills the deal.

scott

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 10:48:33 am »
I've always liked the idea of converting Steel Battalion into a cockpit arcade cab. Of course that wouldn't happen unless I had my own place, but it would be an awesome project.

killerchameleon

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 03:52:26 pm »
Yep I wanted to do that, make a pod like they did for MechWarrior III.  I did make a USB adaptor so that I could use the Steel Battalion controller for MechWarrior III

amauriel

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 04:27:31 pm »
My husband got Steel Battalion when it first came out...then a friend borrowed it. Then the friend moved to Hawaii and took it with him.

Years later, we found one when the Game Crazy stores were going out of business near us. He picked it up. So we have two nearly mint boxes for it and only one controller. Not my cup of tea at all, that's a genre of game that is all him.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 01:48:17 pm »
I agree with not being interested in the game ... but I sure as hell would love to have one of those controllers on display in my room. :D

ziondood

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:31 pm »
There is a shop near me that has 2 of them in box still! They have been there forever, I'm still tempted to get one some day!

darko

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 05:35:02 pm »
How much are they asking for them?