Author Topic: Just checking in & i hope you all stay safe when & if hurricanes & during &  (Read 7623 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

I guess I should be grateful that in my country natural disasters are pretty much non existent.

In those very rare instances some (heavy) storms wich blow of a few roof tiles or some sick trees wich is a very big deal in my country when it happens :o

Well, we (The Dutch) fit in 1024 times (As a country) in the U.S.A, so they have more chance to get hit with something. And St. Maarten is half Dutch........

sworddude

I guess I should be grateful that in my country natural disasters are pretty much non existent.

In those very rare instances some (heavy) storms wich blow of a few roof tiles or some sick trees wich is a very big deal in my country when it happens :o

Well, we (The Dutch) fit in 1024 times (As a country) in the U.S.A, so they have more chance to get hit with something. And St. Maarten is half Dutch........

I have to disagree since tornado´s and hurricanes etc in general are very rare in europe as a whole.

Europe is big and yet way less hurricanes and tornado´s than the US and if they occur not really destructive as the US ones. It´s thanks to the climate in the US that tornado´s and hurricanes can be more easily created wich pretty much barely happens in europe since we lack the climate to create such powerful natural disasters and usually only get weakened ones wich are breaking down after their rampage in other places of the world.

Furthermore if you look at the tornado zones in The US pretty much the half of the US is covered. The US is big but allot of area gets covered. so in my opinion being big doesn´t really apply to having more of a chance to get hit by more natural disasters

Furthermore sint Maarten is pretty close to the US not to mention an island in the middle of the sea pretty high risk for such disasters. In europe the UK a lone island at sea usually has the more heavy storms compared to the rest of europe when it happens.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

I have to disagree since tornado´s and hurricanes etc in general are very rare in europe as a whole.

Europe is big and yet way less hurricanes and tornado´s than the US and if they occur not really destructive as the US ones. It´s thanks to the climate in the US that tornado´s and hurricanes can be more easily created wich pretty much barely happens in europe since we lack the climate to create such powerful natural disasters and usually only get weakened ones wich are breaking down after their rampage in other places of the world.

Furthermore if you look at the tornado zones in The US pretty much the half of the US is covered. The US is big but allot of area gets covered. so in my opinion being big doesn´t really apply to having more of a chance to get hit by more natural disasters

Furthermore sint Maarten is pretty close to the US not to mention an island in the middle of the sea pretty high risk for such disasters. In europe the UK a lone island at sea usually has the more heavy storms compared to the rest of europe when it happens.

Thought you where talking about my country, not Europe.

And there are enough places in the USA where also nothing happens.

sworddude

Thought you where talking about my country, not Europe.

And there are enough places in the USA where also nothing happens.

I agree however on the east side of the US where hurricanes do not appear there are earthquakes pick your poison  :P

While there are enough places where nothing happens in a very large part of the US allot of things happen unlike europe where storms and Earthquakes are rare and even if they occur way less destructive in most cases just annoying for traffic.

Size doesn't matter wich is the reason why I took an example with europe compared to the US.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:57:30 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Made it through the storm fine, house was intact.  We really dodged a bullet with how bad it could've been though, but thankfully it weakened by the time it hit southwest florida.  Lots of destroyed trees and such all over the place around me, but I think property damage is gonna be on the lower side except for like fencing and such.  That shelter me and my family stayed in was great.  We didn't even hear the storm as it went over, that's how well built it was, but I noticed it was built the year after Hurricane Charlie, which wrecked shit down here, so this place was great to be at, other than having to sleep on the floor, which was two nights of misery, but I was at least safe lol

desocietas

Made it through the storm fine, house was intact.  We really dodged a bullet with how bad it could've been though, but thankfully it weakened by the time it hit southwest florida.  Lots of destroyed trees and such all over the place around me, but I think property damage is gonna be on the lower side except for like fencing and such.  That shelter me and my family stayed in was great.  We didn't even hear the storm as it went over, that's how well built it was, but I noticed it was built the year after Hurricane Charlie, which wrecked shit down here, so this place was great to be at, other than having to sleep on the floor, which was two nights of misery, but I was at least safe lol

Glad to hear you're safe!

As for the natural disasters on the west coast, we are the ones that people say will fall into the ocean with the next big earthquake. I don't worry about it too much - it's not a super predictable thing. Japan seems to get way more earthquakes than we do these days....
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

lordscott

Glad to hear you're safe!

As for the natural disasters on the west coast, we are the ones that people say will fall into the ocean with the next big earthquake. I don't worry about it too much - it's not a super predictable thing. Japan seems to get way more earthquakes than we do these days....

During Monday this week if I recalled correctly me,my family & my home are safe too from Hurricane Irma & a tornado & an another great news I like to say is my collection including my other collection of gaming,anime & manga that i have so far & that I love are safe too as well if any of you guys worried about me :).