Author Topic: Rank the Star Wars movies  (Read 3506 times)

Re: Rank the Star Wars movies
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 01:24:30 pm »
1) Return of the Jedi
2) Revenge of the Sith
3) The Empire Strikes Back
4) A New Hope
5) The Force Awakens
6) Attack of the Clones
7) The Phantom Menace

Empire was one of the first movies I ever saw in a theater (my parents took me when I was 4), but I loved RotJ as a kid and still do. All the aliens, the 3-way battle at the end, the epic lightsaber duel... I never had a problem with the Ewoks and was surprised when I found out later that they were reviled.

Even though, IMO, the casting of the prequel trilogy was one of its biggest problems (Hayden Christiansen and Jake Lloyd are horrible actors, and Portman is a good actress who was horribly miscast), I still find the last half of RotS gives me goose bumps.

Return of the Jedi used to be my favorite, but for some reason its charm has been lost on me a little the older I've gotten. I still love the final confrontation at the end, but the first half of the movie at Jabba's palace seems to get more and more boring the older I get. I guess I just really want to see Luke and the gang take on the Empire so badly I don't really care that much for Rankors and Boba Fett.

Yeah, the casting in the prequels is a bit underwhelming on certain fronts. Hayden Christenson is terrible (never had an issue with Jake Lloyd), but luckily the movies mostly hold up despite him. Revenge of the Sith is absolutely epic, and is imo the most underrated of the Star Wars movies and will someday rise in the ranks for how amazing it is.

Re: Rank the Star Wars movies
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 07:07:26 am »
i don't like star wars movie at all