Author Topic: What's your favourite version of street fighter?  (Read 2119 times)

dreama1

What's your favourite version of street fighter?
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:19:06 pm »
What's your favourite version/port of street fighter? And favourite in the series?

shepard11

Re: What's your favourite version of street fighter?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 12:53:46 pm »
Probably my favorite version is Street Fighter II Hyper Fighters I use to play that so much in arcade when I was a kid. And thanks to gf78 I now have that game on my PSP which I caught myself playing it almost every night before I go to bed.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 02:49:26 pm »
Street Fighter II for SNES mainly due to my childhood memories. There might be more impressive versions but this one will always have a special place in my heart.
I also love the shiny golden look of the PAL box...

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 03:06:35 pm »
Street Fighter II for SNES mainly due to my childhood memories. There might be more impressive versions but this one will always have a special place in my heart.
I also love the shiny golden look of the PAL box...

Pal version is  slowwww even worse in the original, than turbo.

stealthrush

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 03:35:39 pm »
What's your favourite version/port of street fighter? And favourite in the series?

Super Street Fighter II Turbo for Arcade. Since it included the bosses, turbo settings, and a better combo architecture.
Favorite port would be for Street Fighter Collection for Sega Saturn which includes three excellent titles of the franchise in one.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:49:02 am »
I'm actually a big fan of Street Fighter Alpha, the Sega Saturn versions are the best IMO

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 05:47:08 am »
I haven't played many of them over the years, dabbling in different generations of it, so it's either Street Fighter 2 Turbo or Street Fighter 5 would be my favorite.  At the core SF5 is a good game, but they just super botched the release of it in a terrible way.  SF2T on SNES is just a classic though, even if it's abit awkward to go back to anymore.  I'd love to someday have a real cabinet of it though.

kashell

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 08:19:21 am »
Street Fighter 2 for me, as well. I have so many great memories of playing it in the arcades and winning like a boss.

gf78

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 11:29:17 am »
Ultra Street Fighter IV.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

sworddude

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 12:29:51 pm »
No nostalgia goggles for me but excellent games before the crappy ps3 era  :'(

I'd say street fighter alpha 2 is my favourite
Your Stylish Sword Master!

doafan

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 01:34:15 pm »
That's easy even when I spent all of my childhood playing the first one at the arcades Street Fighter Alpha 2 it is by far my favorite, at that time assimilated that  the graphics looks like anime and it was a part of my life that started to love anything related to this genre also the fact that it was the first game that I owned from this franchise and didn't had to pay for playing says all  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 05:59:28 pm »
Street Fighter II Turbo was my first SF and it was good but Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold is my favorite as of now.

Badges

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 07:51:12 pm »
Street Fighter II Champion Edition

Seeing that bluish logo with the ability to play as the boss characters was just about the coolest thing to me. To this day, Vega (the claw guy!) is my favorite character. That, and the awesome typo on the arcade marquee that spells the boxer's name as "Barlog".  ;D

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 05:59:55 am »
Without a doubt Street Fighter Zero 3, Saturn version! 8)
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

aliensstudios

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 12:04:25 pm »
Fighting Street!
Just kidding
My favorite is Street Fighter II for SNES
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."