Author Topic: E3 Omnibus Thread  (Read 17989 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: E3 Omnibus Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2016, 02:03:10 pm »
So xbox has done the vest so far, hoping sony does good too

i dig the minecraft news, might have to go back

we happy few looks interesting

scalebound looking fantastic

loving sea of thieves, all my buddies on xbox are the perfect personality for that game
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »
I know i'm a bit late (i watch it with french subtitles so i have a little delay) but did i just heard it wrong or did they seriously spoil Ori and Quantum Break just after the Dead Rising 4 video ? I hope not, i hope it was just some pictures of the games and not related of what the woman was saying if not i would be pretty disappointed since i should receive the definitive edition of Ori and the Blinded Forest tomorrow... I stop myself from watching any video from the E3 now, a big Thanks to you Microsoft >:(

I caught the same thing, and I'm in the exact same position as you. So I hope it wasn't a spoiler as well - maybe something that happens early on?  :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2016, 02:04:48 pm »
I know i'm a bit late (i watch it with french subtitles so i have a little delay) but did i just heard it wrong or did they seriously spoil Ori and Quantum Break just after the Dead Rising 4 video ? I hope not, i hope it was just some pictures of the games and not related of what the woman was saying if not i would be pretty disappointed since i should receive the definitive edition of Ori and the Blinded Forest tomorrow... I stop myself from watching any video from the E3 now, a big Thanks to you Microsoft >:(

They brought in the bit about the one creature dying I think in Ori, but that's at the very start of the game.  It's not spoilers.  It's in the intro of the game and what kicks off the adventure.  Literally like the first 5 minutes.  Not sure about Quantum Break, didn't hear what they said and never played it.

The Xbox conference was reasonably good, most generally interesting one so far, though there weren't tons of amazing new stuff and I have no real interest in Project Scorpio.  I mean, they didn't show off Crackdown 3? I'm surprised really.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:07:08 pm by kamikazekeeg »

gf78

« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2016, 02:06:02 pm »
So...is the Scorpio a new system entirely or an incremental step-up of the Xbox One?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2016, 02:08:00 pm »
So...is the Scorpio a new system entirely or an incremental step-up of the Xbox One?

Hard to be 100% sure.  It sounds more like an upgrade, not them doing an Xbox One...2...Man that name blows.

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2016, 02:12:22 pm »
They brought in the bit about the one creature dying I think in Ori, but that's at the very start of the game.  It's not spoilers.  It's in the intro of the game and what kicks off the adventure.  Literally like the first 5 minutes.  Not sure about Quantum Break, didn't hear what they said and never played it.

Ok Thanks you, that's just the start of the game then, i would have preferred learn that by myself but i guess that won't change my experience of the game, again thanks you  ;)

kashell

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2016, 02:14:09 pm »
E3? More like Z3! Get it? Because all of the z's mean it's boring enough to put me to sleep!

HEY-O!

gf78

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2016, 02:15:14 pm »
I just saw a small article on it on Polygon.  This thing is going to cost a fortune to deliver "true" 4K resolutions as they are claiming.  The article also states "All games will be playable on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Project Scorpio so "no one gets left behind." The console will deliver 8 CPU cores and 320+ GB/s memory bandwidth."

So it is basically what Sony is doing with the "Neo."  The Scorpio is going to cost $600 or more, guaranteed if the claims of delivering native 4K @ 320GB/s bandwidth is true.  Positioning this like the NEO, it is an upgrade that a small segment of gamers will buy into for that price, especially given that all games will still run (decently we hope) on the vanilla 'bone. 

Sony was wise not to release any specs on the Neo.  Now they can watch Microsoft and plan accordingly.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2016, 02:15:47 pm »
E3? More like Z3! Get it? Because all of the z's mean it's boring enough to put me to sleep!

HEY-O!

Hey....you're the guy who owns an Xbox One, remember?   :P

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2016, 02:17:30 pm »
not sure if ill watch the pc gaming show......
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2016, 02:21:09 pm »
Incremental.  Basically Xbox One Point Five.  Honestly, it sounds like Scorpio is going to make a VR enabled Xbox one, so yeah, you can play all games on all systems, but you can only do VR on Scorpio type of thing... or X1/X1S will limp through future games after Holiday 2017

Gears 4 didn't thrill me, but the franchise hasn't grabbed my attention since the 3rd title.  I'll play it eventually like I did with Judgement.

recore, I still don't understand the game, so I'll again wait for more info to make a decision on how I feel.

Forza Horizon 3 is a must have for me, I love the Horizon series.

Minecraft going cross-play and Microsoft in generally pushing cross-play and even cross-buy is really cool.  I'm just concerned that cross-buy is going to be limited to digital only, or you have to somehow use your X1 disc on your W10 PC to play on PC.

Halo Wars 2 is neat, but I'm not an RTS guy.

I don't understand the point when companies release smaller systems other than maybe it is cheaper to produce.

State of Decay 2 looks interesting, but I still need to finish the first one.

Sea of Thieves looks entertaining, but it also looks online only, so I'm out.

Dead Rising 4 looks awesome to me and I'm all in.  Especially since it looks like it's going back to the first game, and I didn't get to play that one.

Scalebound doesn't particularly interest me, but I'm not into dragons and such, but Platinum usually makes great games.

Tekken 7 with Akuma, I really thought they were going to show Tekken X Street Fighter.

Gwent card game, no clue, still haven't played the Witcher games.

We happy few caught my wife's attention and I guess we are buying that early access when it goes up.

Custom controllers directly from Microsoft is kind of cool but with a $80 price tag (without engraving) that is an easy pass.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:22:43 pm by ctracy87 »

argyle

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2016, 02:21:47 pm »
I got an email from Ubisoft this morning saying that the new South Park game was supposed to be at MS' show, but the only thing Ubi showed was that Division add-on. And I also thought the lack of Crackdown 3 was odd, especially since last I heard it's supposed to come out this year.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2016, 02:27:41 pm »

HEY-O!

Hey....you're the guy who owns an Xbox One, remember?   :P

Crap...I forgot I had one of those. Right now it's collecting dust.

gf78

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2016, 02:28:56 pm »
I got an email from Ubisoft this morning saying that the new South Park game was supposed to be at MS' show, but the only thing Ubi showed was that Division add-on. And I also thought the lack of Crackdown 3 was odd, especially since last I heard it's supposed to come out this year.

I think it's probably a safe assumption to say that the developers can't get the cloud-based destruction to work properly.  What other reason would there be for this game to be in development hell for several years now?

gf78

« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2016, 02:31:18 pm »
Incremental.  Basically Xbox One Point Five.  Honestly, it sounds like Scorpio is going to make a VR enabled Xbox one, so yeah, you can play all games on all systems, but you can only do VR on Scorpio type of thing... or X1/X1S will limp through future games after Holiday 2017

Gears 4 didn't thrill me, but the franchise hasn't grabbed my attention since the 3rd title.  I'll play it eventually like I did with Judgement.

recore, I still don't understand the game, so I'll again wait for more info to make a decision on how I feel.

Forza Horizon 3 is a must have for me, I love the Horizon series.

Minecraft going cross-play and Microsoft in generally pushing cross-play and even cross-buy is really cool.  I'm just concerned that cross-buy is going to be limited to digital only, or you have to somehow use your X1 disc on your W10 PC to play on PC.

Halo Wars 2 is neat, but I'm not an RTS guy.

I don't understand the point when companies release smaller systems other than maybe it is cheaper to produce.

State of Decay 2 looks interesting, but I still need to finish the first one.

Sea of Thieves looks entertaining, but it also looks online only, so I'm out.

Dead Rising 4 looks awesome to me and I'm all in.  Especially since it looks like it's going back to the first game, and I didn't get to play that one.

Scalebound doesn't particularly interest me, but I'm not into dragons and such, but Platinum usually makes great games.

Tekken 7 with Akuma, I really thought they were going to show Tekken X Street Fighter.

Gwent card game, no clue, still haven't played the Witcher games.

We happy few caught my wife's attention and I guess we are buying that early access when it goes up.

Custom controllers directly from Microsoft is kind of cool but with a $80 price tag (without engraving) that is an easy pass.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff

I think with the exception of Dead Rising & Forza Horizion, we have pretty much the same feelings on the announcements (I don't care for Forza's money scheme).  Sea of Thieves gave me a glimmer of hope for a real Rare treat, but online multiplayer only crushed it for me.  Everything they announced is also on PC!  What the hell?  There is basically zero incentive to buy an Xbox One for exclusives now.