Author Topic: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23416 times)

Re: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2016, 04:17:47 pm »
Picked up Song of the Deep too on PS4 also.

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2016, 12:30:00 am »
PS2 (I actually picked these up a while ago and forgot to add them)
WinBack
Mobile Suit Gundam Journey to Jaburo

PS4
Uncharted - The Nathan Drake Collection
Uncharted 4
Just Cause 3

Nintendo DS
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Echoes of Time

gf78

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2016, 08:57:22 am »
Picked up Song of the Deep too on PS4 also.

I don't know if you collect mostly just to have it and don't play all of them (some people do, some don't), but Song of the Deep is a surprisingly well made game of exploration.  Once you get accustomed to the floaty controls (they should be that way...you are in a submarine after all!), you can really become immersed in the games atmosphere and story. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

spac316

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2016, 04:07:32 pm »
Just got Isabelle Summer cloths amiibo.

gf78

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2016, 09:52:33 pm »
New additions for 07/13/16!

Xbox 360
Blue Dragon
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Kameo - Elements of Power
Project Gotham Racing 3
Sega Superstar Tennis / Xbox Live Arcade 2-pack

Xbox One
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

soera

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2016, 10:07:19 pm »

Xbox 360
Blue Dragon

I hate to say I cant knock you for this one. I actually want this game but would not buy a 360/One to play it. :(

gf78

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2016, 11:21:26 pm »

Xbox 360
Blue Dragon

I hate to say I cant knock you for this one. I actually want this game but would not buy a 360/One to play it. :(

It's a really good game. The original creators who made Chrono Trigger got together for this one. This and Lost Odyssey are worth owning a 360 for alone.

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2016, 08:15:48 am »
Picked up Bit.Trip Saga from Walmart for $4.

I think I might pass on hunting this weekend and spend my time working on my game room.  Building more shelves and figuring out what the heck to do with all this junk that I have no space for.

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2016, 08:09:41 pm »
Today's additions are

3DS
7th Dragon 3, went to the PX and randomly saw it on the shelf. Looked like something my wife and I would play.

Game Gear
A blue Game Gear console in decent shape that only required a new soundboard which I had on hand.
Shining Force: the Sword of Hajya

desocietas

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2016, 08:12:26 pm »

Xbox 360
Blue Dragon

It's a really good game. The original creators who made Chrono Trigger got together for this one. This and Lost Odyssey are worth owning a 360 for alone.

Soera is also a big Dragon Quest fan, so the work with the same monster designer and illustrator is probably another incentive!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

necrosexual

« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2016, 12:18:20 am »
just as i complained in general that i was losing my desire to touch thrift stores... i guess i thought on it and decided i was done with the big name ones like goodwill (who ships all their shit off to shopgoodwill.com anyway ugh)
those places are quickly becoming trash heaps. just trash ends up in them now.

local ones tho...

i went into salvation army first, broke my 'gotta get blinx the time sweeper first' rule, because i found JSRF. got that and halo 1 for $2.
left, went down the street, nothing. went across town where i'd never been before. things got p interesting.
(found a UK flag mug... they had it in a 'free' cart outside. i offered to pay, the lady was like noooo, it's been in shop for months... go figure, but it turns out that a bunch of black people in the ghetto aren't interested in the UK flag on their coffee mug lmao
or it was a great visual brexit pun, but i doubt it)
found gran turismo for playstation. the case and manual are in perfect condition. ...no game tho. i showed them the shrinkage, they gave me the case and stuff for free since "it probably came like that"... i actually agreed this time, because it was vvv hard to see between a fuckload of CDs. stolen shit is just tossed back on top, usually, or on the edges.
there was a perfect condition, no wires, no controller, PS1 back there, too, and by perfect, i mean goddamn pristine. but $25 price tag? fuck that. yet another shop wanting too much for retro garbage. NES sports games for $3 a pop? lmao no. ps1 for $25, no cords, no controller? okay lmao.
in shrink wrap they had the metal gear saga vol 2 with the DVDs. $1. that, i grabbed.

had 40 minutes to kill before work, went to a pawn shop. most of it was overpriced. except a copy of zelda: twilight princess on the wii.
they wanted $4.
it is complete and in perfect condition.
okay.jpeg.

way better than it's been the past week hitting the main ones other than the xbox original.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:21:51 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2016, 08:47:41 am »
Picked up some cheap-o games from GS.

Dead Space 2 Limited Edition with that DS Extraction goodness (PS3)
Golden Axe Beast Rider (360)
Brutal Legend (360)
Stormrise (360)
Rogue Warrior (360)
Ghost Recon (Wii)
Acme Arsenal (Wii)
Legend of the Dragon (Wii)

I had a pretty shitty run in with a shitty GS employee the other day.

I was kind of confused by the whole thing.  The store I normally go to, just about everybody knows me, at least by face, because I'm in there frequently buying up tons of cheap trash.  He tells one of the regular employees not to ring me up so he can.  This is the same guy who sent my preorder back to corporate because I didn't pick it up (It wasn't available on release day and they never called me to let me know it finally arrived).  Same guy who screwed a lady over about her 20% off coupon.  He tells me I can't return my online order because the order date was 8 days ago, I told him that I literally just had it delivered to my house an hour ago and that I could show him the tracking.  But he refused to hear it.  I said fine and left.  I actually had a bunch of cheapo games I wanted to buy, but I really really didn't want to be in the store so I left, deciding I'd come back the next day when he probably wasn't there.  Also, that I might drive to the next closest store and have a chat with the district manager about both issues this employee has caused.  I used to work with the DM back when I worked at GS, so I'd like to think he doesn't think I'm just some shitty customer complaining.  But when I went into the store the other day, the manager came out and explained to me that the employee wouldn't be giving me any more shit, because he explained to him that I'm a regular.  I guess you have to be a regular customer to not be treated like shit?  I'm still gonna go have a chat with the DM about this guy's horrible work ethic.

/rant

gf78

« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2016, 09:23:25 am »
Picked up a new/sealed copy of Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition for the 360 yesterday!   ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2016, 09:56:00 am »
I tend to forget to post modern stuff here. 
I grabbed a couple of PS4 games on Amazon's Prime Day. 

Deadpool
Resident Evil: Origins

Then, I had a couple of those Limited Run Games come in. 

Lost Sea
Xeodrifter

So far, I have all the LimitedRunGames PS4 offerings.  I plan on keeping that up.

gf78

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2016, 11:37:06 am »
Apparently, I missed adding a few games & accessories along the way this month.   :P

Xbox One Standard Controller (new model with headphone jack)
Dead Rising 3
The Evil Within (with holographic cover)
Metro Redux
Thief