Author Topic: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23418 times)

necrosexual

Re: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2016, 03:22:20 pm »

I had a pretty shitty run in with a shitty GS employee the other day.

I was kind of confused by the whole thing.  The store I normally go to, just about everybody knows me, at least by face, because I'm in there frequently buying up tons of cheap trash.  He tells one of the regular employees not to ring me up so he can.  This is the same guy who sent my preorder back to corporate because I didn't pick it up (It wasn't available on release day and they never called me to let me know it finally arrived).  Same guy who screwed a lady over about her 20% off coupon.  He tells me I can't return my online order because the order date was 8 days ago, I told him that I literally just had it delivered to my house an hour ago and that I could show him the tracking.  But he refused to hear it.  I said fine and left.  I actually had a bunch of cheapo games I wanted to buy, but I really really didn't want to be in the store so I left, deciding I'd come back the next day when he probably wasn't there.  Also, that I might drive to the next closest store and have a chat with the district manager about both issues this employee has caused.  I used to work with the DM back when I worked at GS, so I'd like to think he doesn't think I'm just some shitty customer complaining.  But when I went into the store the other day, the manager came out and explained to me that the employee wouldn't be giving me any more shit, because he explained to him that I'm a regular.  I guess you have to be a regular customer to not be treated like shit?  I'm still gonna go have a chat with the DM about this guy's horrible work ethic.

/rant

this is so weird to me. i'm a delivery driver, not a manager, but i still override shit at my work all the damn time. i have to get manager approval, but if someone so much tells me their crust was slightly doughy, i apologise profusely (regular or not, i'm shitty with faces, i don't care) and tell them i'll work it out. either make them a replacement if they have the time to spare or i'll credit them.
it usually goes through because i have unofficial manager status, i just am under a severe glass ceiling for bigotry reasons. (hate using the card, but it's true, everyone knows it)
shit, on deliveries, i've dug in my pocket for cash then told a manager and got the refund for it. because shit really does happen in the industry that you have to resolve on the spot. delivery drivers, the ones who are good (and i'm top notch shit in this industry, apparently, considering i get jobs thrown at me, have my name in 5-star google reviews and get jobs within a day) are basically on the road managers. that's part of our job. you don't become the best by being an argumentative worker.

at gamestop i'll do no different, because fuck that. if i get fired, lmao, who cares, it's fucking gamestop. min wage shit job i only want for discounts.
you don't keep customers coming in by being a shithead. and it's usually easily resolved without much a fight. and i've had gamestop employees routinely take day-old returns (8 day) without a fuss. the system won't deny it. the 7-day policy has to be upheld by associates. and this was even before i was a regular at all the local ones.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:26:00 pm by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

gf78

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2016, 03:28:14 pm »

I had a pretty shitty run in with a shitty GS employee the other day.

I was kind of confused by the whole thing.  The store I normally go to, just about everybody knows me, at least by face, because I'm in there frequently buying up tons of cheap trash.  He tells one of the regular employees not to ring me up so he can.  This is the same guy who sent my preorder back to corporate because I didn't pick it up (It wasn't available on release day and they never called me to let me know it finally arrived).  Same guy who screwed a lady over about her 20% off coupon.  He tells me I can't return my online order because the order date was 8 days ago, I told him that I literally just had it delivered to my house an hour ago and that I could show him the tracking.  But he refused to hear it.  I said fine and left.  I actually had a bunch of cheapo games I wanted to buy, but I really really didn't want to be in the store so I left, deciding I'd come back the next day when he probably wasn't there.  Also, that I might drive to the next closest store and have a chat with the district manager about both issues this employee has caused.  I used to work with the DM back when I worked at GS, so I'd like to think he doesn't think I'm just some shitty customer complaining.  But when I went into the store the other day, the manager came out and explained to me that the employee wouldn't be giving me any more shit, because he explained to him that I'm a regular.  I guess you have to be a regular customer to not be treated like shit?  I'm still gonna go have a chat with the DM about this guy's horrible work ethic.

/rant

this is so weird to me. i'm a delivery driver, not a manager, but i still override shit at my work all the damn time. i have to get manager approval, but if someone so much tells me their crust was slightly doughy, i apologise profusely (regular or not, i'm shitty with faces, i don't care) and tell them i'll work it out. either make them a replacement if they have the time to spare or i'll credit them.
it usually goes through because i have unofficial manager status, i just am under a severe glass ceiling for bigotry reasons. (hate using the card, but it's true, everyone knows it)
shit, on deliveries, i've dug in my pocket for cash then told a manager and got the refund for it. because shit really does happen in the industry that you have to resolve on the spot. delivery drivers, the ones who are good (and i'm top notch shit in this industry, apparently, considering i get jobs thrown at me, have my name in 5-star google reviews and get jobs within a day) are basically on the road managers. that's part of our job. you don't become the best by being an argumentative worker.

at gamestop i'll do no different, because fuck that. if i get fired, lmao, who cares, it's fucking gamestop. min wage shit job i only want for discounts.
you don't keep customers coming in by being a shithead. and it's usually easily resolved without much a fight. and i've had gamestop employees routinely take day-old returns (8 day) without a fuss. the system won't deny it. the 7-day policy has to be upheld by associates. and this was even before i was a regular at all the local ones.

I believe the policy on online orders is seven days from delivery date.  I would have lost my cool on that guy and told him I'd smash his fucking teeth down his throat.  I don't care for smartasses, especially some punk bitch working behind a GameStop counter.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2016, 04:14:55 pm »

Price mods at GS don't even require a manager.  Fun fact, I've had GAs and Managers sell me shit for dirty fucking cheap just to move product.  Some of the highest rated managers in my region would do this all the time, and they not only don't get in trouble for it, usually they get commended for it.  My manager sold Babysitting Mama brand new for $5 because he didn't want it in his store, corporate was so impressed they sent him more copies of Babysitting Mama.  Kind of counter productive, and corporate knew he sold them at that price, but his store's throughput and profitability was high.  Seriously, if you get good GAs and Managers, you can get discounts on all sorts of shit.  Damaged goods discounted.  Any of those CEs you see up along the ceiling with big stickers that look clearanced, good chance the Manager or a SGA will sell it to you for an even bigger discount.  I did that with the CoD Ghosts with the HD camera and South Park Stick of Truth Wizard edition.  But on that same note, the folks that will do these discounts absolutely hate it when all you do is ask for discounts, pick your battles, you might win some big ones.  I buy shit at my gamestops all the time, so the stores that have employees that recognize me usually cut me some deals.  USUALLY.

I believe the policy on online orders is seven days from delivery date.  I would have lost my cool on that guy and told him I'd smash his fucking teeth down his throat.  I don't care for smartasses, especially some punk bitch working behind a GameStop counter.
I did get a little upset, but I forgot my receipt for a different game I needed to return so I knew I'd come back the next day regardless.  The first time I met this dude he was talking to me about how he used to work at the Mall downtown.  This is one of those malls that only has paid parking, you know like $20 for the day parking or $10 for an hour.  My mind goes straight to the fact that all this guy has dealt with on the job is tourists and folks from Mexico who barely speak English being royal douchebags.  So I want to cut him some slack, but I think I'm a pretty cool dude, who also happens to spend a lot of money in your store, which makes you look good, so don't treat me like shit.

gf78

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2016, 07:00:53 pm »
Halo 5 Guardians Legendary Edition  ;D
Forza Horizon 3
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2016, 07:30:42 pm »
PS4
Ratchet & Clank

Xbox One
Trackmania Turbo

Feels good to pick up another Xbox One game

necrosexual

« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2016, 12:12:28 am »
blinx the time-sweeper for OG xbox.
xbox controller i seriously overpaid for, but he's the only guy in town who has an OEM xbox controller at all, and i hate buying used controllers without being able to test their general feel beforehand.
edit: taking this back, the ABXY buttons don't work. got through the time/date screen via start buttons to see if the xbox read discs. it does. so the system is working. taking the controller back tho for sure within the next couple days.

local store owner had just restocked inventory wednesday, he got another copy of blinx in, in perfect condition. happy as fuck about that, his other copies were kinda battered.
we had a chat shitting on unofficial CL resellers and thrift store sharks, it was p cool.

haven't decided if i'll go hunting flea market/yard sales before i go to sleep for the night yet. if i don't, i won't have another pick up for a while.

Price mods at GS don't even require a manager.  Fun fact, I've had GAs and Managers sell me shit for dirty fucking cheap just to move product.  Some of the highest rated managers in my region would do this all the time, and they not only don't get in trouble for it, usually they get commended for it.  My manager sold Babysitting Mama brand new for $5 because he didn't want it in his store, corporate was so impressed they sent him more copies of Babysitting Mama.  Kind of counter productive, and corporate knew he sold them at that price, but his store's throughput and profitability was high.  Seriously, if you get good GAs and Managers, you can get discounts on all sorts of shit.  Damaged goods discounted.  Any of those CEs you see up along the ceiling with big stickers that look clearanced, good chance the Manager or a SGA will sell it to you for an even bigger discount.  I did that with the CoD Ghosts with the HD camera and South Park Stick of Truth Wizard edition.  But on that same note, the folks that will do these discounts absolutely hate it when all you do is ask for discounts, pick your battles, you might win some big ones.  I buy shit at my gamestops all the time, so the stores that have employees that recognize me usually cut me some deals.  USUALLY.

I did get a little upset, but I forgot my receipt for a different game I needed to return so I knew I'd come back the next day regardless.  The first time I met this dude he was talking to me about how he used to work at the Mall downtown.  This is one of those malls that only has paid parking, you know like $20 for the day parking or $10 for an hour.  My mind goes straight to the fact that all this guy has dealt with on the job is tourists and folks from Mexico who barely speak English being royal douchebags.  So I want to cut him some slack, but I think I'm a pretty cool dude, who also happens to spend a lot of money in your store, which makes you look good, so don't treat me like shit.

i've never been discounted a game there, wtf :c
in all the years i've known some of these fucks they've never given me shit for a cheaper price or even let me know about penny outs.
most of them are so tired of their job, tho, that they probably just dont' feel like bringing anything pennied out up front, tbf tho
and discount? lmao never.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:15:25 am by necrosexual »

« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2016, 06:01:19 am »
Yesterday's scores:
PS1
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1

PS2
Pac Man World 3 (In a Pac Man World Rally Box)
Aliens Vs Predator Extinction
Devil May Cry 1
NamcoMuseum
Crash Nitro Kart
Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Hot Shots Golf 3
Star Wars Episode II Revenge of the Sith
Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life SE
Star Wars Battlefront II (2 copies, 1 CIB, one in a Battlefront 1 box)

Wii
Mario Party 8
Super Paper Mario

3DS
Fire Emblem Fates Birthright

« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2016, 10:44:05 am »
Most folks dont understand that they can do that.

The ones that do dont for fear of getting in trouble.

Pennied items are weird, i have never had a run in about pennied products where employees werent weird about it.  They are always super cautious and timid about letting you take pennied stuff.  Sku conversions are the best, most employees dont even know about that unless they have actively taken part in that.  I have only managed to get in that a few times because employees have no clue what i am talking about.

necrosexual

« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2016, 11:13:12 am »
flea market was 99% bust. i saw a fucking cursed crusade copy, but it was sun damaged as fuck and they wanted $18 for that shit. fuck that.

i did nail a $5 copy of darksiders 2 ps3... limited edition. with the comic in the cardboard slip cover. pretty fucking sweet, it goes for a bit more at gamestop iirc, and it had the comic. DLC code too, but no idea if it works. i'll have to try it out on psn store tomorrow or w/e. this reseller was pretty chill, but his pricing was erratic. $10 star fox 64, then wanted like... $12 for a wiimote idek. all those fucking things came straight from goodwill, too, i could tell.

oh, and got solicited for sex by some old fuck who grabbed his package. and then got jesus'd by some other guy who i couldn't cut the convo off with. i cannot redeem a 'jesus died for your sin' slip of paper for vidya... or tip cash, either. i also turned down the generous offer of old man dick. this rainbow beanie i have is a double-edged sword.

yard sales were also bust except one guy... who was swept clean of games except a lonely copy of skyrim on the 360. i bought 2 doctor who dvds (OLD series, 1950-1960 episodes) and a godzilla double feature blu-ray off him... $5. he tossed in the skyrim too (CIB, with skyrim map, feel bad for it looking at the cost now), so that was neat. he had a metric fuckload of comics, but had his spawn multiples at home. and even then, i'd have to cough up a pretty penny for those, so maybe one day. dude was cool, he told me about a way better flea market.

it seems resellers here are assholes tho, everyone i asked if they had games, they sighed heavily and said no (except the last guy). idk if i want to bother with yard sales again, it's very cold reception and i hate that feeling that i did something wrong.
i bought a novel from one tho, i'll read it here and there, some mystery novel about a fantasy rpg. sounded neat, so w/e. it was a dollar.

Most folks dont understand that they can do that.

The ones that do dont for fear of getting in trouble.

Pennied items are weird, i have never had a run in about pennied products where employees werent weird about it.  They are always super cautious and timid about letting you take pennied stuff.  Sku conversions are the best, most employees dont even know about that unless they have actively taken part in that.  I have only managed to get in that a few times because employees have no clue what i am talking about.

my old gm used to hold all the pennied items for my shift, and she still wouldn't let me take it all. i understand why, tho, because the resell market. one of each basically.
idk.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:31:47 am by necrosexual »

gf78

« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2016, 05:50:10 pm »
New additions today!

Brute Force
MechAssault
MechAssault 2 collector's edition
Tao-Feng
Voodoo Vince
Nightcaster
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Forza Motorsport 2
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
Bullet Witch

anagar

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »
DS
Code Lyoko: Fall of X.A.N.A.
GC
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
PS4
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
Song of the Deep
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

theflea

« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2016, 10:24:55 pm »
Another week of great pick ups, from stores, online, garage sales and a game expo.
Lets get started.

First the store / online pick ups...

Amiibo
- Splatoon 3-Pack
- Splatoon Callie & Marie

PS4
- Song of the Deep - Collector's Edition
- Lost Sea
- Xeodrifter

XBone
- Song of the Deep - Collector's Edition

VITA
- Xeodrifter

3DS
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Master Splinter's Training Pack (on a clearance rack for $5)

This weekend was the Video Game Summit, Here's what I picked up from the show.

PSP
- Fate Extra - Limited Edition

PS1
- Jupiter Strike

Nuon
- Tempest 3000

SCD
- Prince of Persia
- Cobra Command
- Kids on Site

GEN
A seller had a small stack of odd Russian Genesis bootleg carts for cheap, I picked out 3 I thought where odd.
- Wario Land 3
- The Itchy & Scratchy Game
- Crash Bandicoot

Odyssey 2
A cool homebrew limited to 100 copies.
- Death Race

Channel F
- Video Whizball

Now onto the garage sales...

A Spongebob Squarepants Plug & Play brand new in the box for $2.

A Pac-Man card game for $1.

PC
I don't usually even look at PC games, but I know this is a popular game and figured someone would want it.
- Diablo II (CIB - $3)

Wii
Got all 3 of these games for $5.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Go Play City Sports
- All Star Cheer Squad

XB
Picked up these xbox games from 3 different sales.
- Freaky Flyers ($1)
- Mojo ($2)
- Spider-Man ($2)
- Showdown: Legends of Wrestling ($2)
- MX World Tour ($2)
- Pitfall: The Lost Expedition ($2)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ($2)
- The Thing ($2)
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II ($2)

PS2
- Star Wars: Battlefront II ($3)

PS1
I ask about games and they bring out a bunch of PS1 games, mostly children's games and sport games. I did find one worth getting.
- 40 Winks ($1)

GBA/GB
I asked about video games and the lady asked her son if he had anything and he said he had a Game Boy He brings out a stack of games then goes back in, he then brings out a GBA SP (charcoal 101) I ask about the charger and he goes back in and brings out the charger. I ask a price for it all and I hear him say $10, his mom tells him its worth more but he says He doesn't want it and he didn't care. Here's the games it came with.
GBA
- Super Mario Advance
- Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
- Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
GB
- Donkey Kong
- Operation C

R-Zone
I found a R-Zone headset in a baggie with 2 games. All for $2.
- Area 51
- Mortal Kombat 3

A fellow collector (and Youtuber) in my area had a garage sale, his prices where under ebay and he made me a deal for $33 for these four games. He also gave me some game art from a local artist for free.
PS1
- Primal Rage
SNES
- Michael Jorden: Chaos in the Windy City
GB
- Turrican
- Nemesis

N64
I Asked about video games at 2 separate sales and both said they had a Nintendo but didn't want to sell it. I asked if they would sell any of the games they didn't play and they both went in and brought out a stack of N64 games. The first brought out these 4 games and at first they wanted $20 but I got him to accept $10.
- Spider-Man
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
- Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2
- F-Zero X
The next sale I asked she brought out a stack of games I was not expecting. Most of the time when they bring games they don't play they bring out games like the 1st sale. But she brought out these games and only wanted $5 for them all.
- NHL Breakaway 98
- Scooby-Doo! Classic Creep Capers
- Mario Tennis
- Yoshi's Story
- Super Mario 64
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Super Smash Bros.

I stopped at a sale and I see a bunch of crappy PS2 games on the table, I ask about any other games and they tell me sorry no. Then their neighbor asks me what I was looking for and I said pretty much anything and he asks if I would be interested in an Atari 7600, I saw ya sure and he goes to look for it. He comes out with a large bag. I look inside and see an Atari 7800 with pretty much all 2600 games. But at the bottom of the bag was also a Nintendo 64 with Ram Expansion and four games. Also was one loose DS game in there. I ask a price and he says $25 for the whole bag.  :D
NDS
- Petz: Bunnyz Bunch
Atari 7800
- Pole Position II
Atari 2600
- Pac-Man (x2)
- Combat
- Asteroids
- Target Fun
- Home Run
- Defender
- Word Zapper
- Kangaroo
- Yars Revenge
- Basketball
- Space Invaders
- Pole Position
- Centipede
- Starmaster
- Enduro
- Pitfall!
- Frogger
- Encounter at L-5
- Unknown Parker Brothers Cart
- Unknown Parker Brothers Cart
N64
- Super Mario 64
- Donkey Kong 64
- Goldeneye 007
- Mario Kart 64

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:43:04 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

necrosexual

« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2016, 03:08:52 am »
ah man, i'd love a fucking ruski bootleg cart. just to have. wouldn't even care if it was cheap, i'm a sucker for russian bullshit like that.

also, fuck, i think the problem with my area is no one is having fucking kids, clearly.

sithsylar

« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2016, 04:00:21 am »
Damn that Primal Rage Cover hits me right int he feels.  I used to hire that out when i was a kid in the video store.  Also Diablo 2 got me through high school.  Damn nice purchases theflea.

« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2016, 12:35:27 pm »
Been really picking up things here and there for my Game Gear collection. Newest editions are Beavis and Butthead, and Zool- Ninja of the Nth Dimension.