Author Topic: To buy or not to buy  (Read 992 times)

desocietas

To buy or not to buy
« on: August 02, 2016, 09:56:29 pm »
I'm on vacation in Alabama and have been game hunting with the bf (gotta love shared interests <3 ).

What do you all think?

Pokemon Snap with box and manual: $30
Secret of Evermore with box (not sure if it has other inserts/booklet until I see it in person): $55

Purchase or don't? Condition for both seems to be fair with acrylic boxes to help protect them on the trip home.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jupiter

Re: To buy or not to buy
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 10:13:13 pm »
Dunno about pokemon snap, but if evermore is complete with manual and map then I'd say it's an ok price. Not a steal or anything. On par with some of the lower completed transactions recently according to pricecharting.com.

I'm still learning market nuances so take my advice with a grain of salt  :P

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 10:20:11 pm »
ask the guy for a bundle deal...its $85 total... so tell him the best you can do is $70.. he'll probably meet you at $75.

it will work.... i guarantee it ;)

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 11:43:02 pm »
To buy. The time to buy is when you see! Not later on when you wonder "why didn't I get it?".

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 12:11:06 am »
To buy. The time to buy is when you see! Not later on when you wonder "why didn't I get it?".

I know - I'm worried I'll regret not getting them, and I like that the guy is just running the shop as a hobby and often just trades with collectors for items. He's not too concerned about flipping or getting a big payout on items.

I'll do a little more research on what everything should look like in the box and might get those two tomorrow morning before our flight back home.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 02:20:12 am »
If evermore includes the manual/inserts, then both prices should be around the average of ebay sold listings on vgpc. You might want to see if he can slightly lower the price if you buy both.  It's your move.

gf78

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 11:04:49 am »
I'm on vacation in Alabama and have been game hunting with the bf (gotta love shared interests <3 ).

What do you all think?

Pokemon Snap with box and manual: $30
Secret of Evermore with box (not sure if it has other inserts/booklet until I see it in person): $55

Purchase or don't? Condition for both seems to be fair with acrylic boxes to help protect them on the trip home.

My opinion, since you asked.   ;)  The prices are decent as long as the condition is right.  For me to buy Pokémon Snap for $30, the box would have to be crush, tear & crease-free.  Basically, it would have to look very nice with a clean cartridge and near perfect label.  The manual would have to be pretty flat and complete with no tears or big dog-ear creases.  If it met that criteria, I would buy it.

Secret of Evermore.  $55 is a lot for a used cartridge game no matter how you look at it.  Is it worth it?  Again, if it includes the manual and map (if it came with one) and the conditions of the box, cart and said manuals were like I said I would want for Pokémon Snap at that price, then it's a good deal. 

With that being said and assuming you do decide you want them, I would ask if he could give you a deal on the pair.  $75 sounds reasonable IMO.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 02:44:25 pm »
We ended up spending the extra time in the morning taking photos with family and pets before we took off to the airport, and my inner collector was feeling like the condition could be much better if I was going to pay that much money for two games.

Also, I ended up not having enough room in my suitcase  ::)

Thanks for the feedback, friends! Having iffy reception made it hard to get a good idea of whether or not it was worth getting. VGC comes through as always :D
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas