Author Topic: Name what game(s) you never heard of  (Read 1841 times)

lordscott

Name what game(s) you never heard of
« on: September 02, 2016, 12:35:45 pm »
I've thought of this good question because some games some of us heard of & some games some of us never heard of us and if it's a long list of games that you never heard of don't worry i don't mind if it's a long list or not it don't matter if the list is long or not.

Have fun & enjoy :).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Name what game(s) you never heard of
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 12:46:34 pm »
If we've never heard of it, then how can we name it?  :o

lordscott

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:50:34 pm »
If we've never heard of it, then how can we name it?  :o

Well some are listed such as this site & giantbomb and some are not listed that's what i mean or if you compete in a gaming tournament they announced 1 of the rounds is that specific game you never heard of you'll be playing I.E Nintendo world championship 2016 if you watched it on TV or online :).

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 12:57:36 pm »
So we come across a game and instead of going to YouTube to look it up and see gameplay of it, we write it here and hope someone here has played it?

lordscott

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 01:01:19 pm »
So we come across a game and instead of going to YouTube to look it up and see gameplay of it, we write it here and hope someone here has played it?

Thank you that's a another good example of what I'm trying to ask and i don't mind & include that example too as well :).

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 01:24:38 pm »
if this is what you mean....

I never heard of the game Keep talking and nobody explodes till a youtube video popped up for it in the side panel yesterday. it looks very interesting and I am already debating on buying it and seeing if me and my gf can play it. I only got the see the tutorial level before I closed it but the premise is that you have a bomb in front of you and another person has the bomb defusal manuel and neither of you are supposed to look at the other persons screens and you have to try and communicate between each other how to defuse it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 01:26:57 pm »
LMAO!!!!

I'm sure there are a lot of games I've never heard of. Can someone help me find out which games these are???

kashell

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 01:29:17 pm »
LMAO!!!!

I'm sure there are a lot of games I've never heard of. Can someone help me find out which games these are???

If we did that, then we would be enabling your collecting habits. Aren't you trying to quit, young man? ^.~

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 01:30:18 pm »
I'll take a shot at this. I recently picked up a game called Time Soldiers for the Master System. Never heard of it before (like many MS games) and I took a chance on it because it looked similar to an Ikari Warriors type game. Haven't played it yet.

Most of the classic games I'm still just finding out about are either Master System because I only recently started to collect games for it, or PS1 because there are just so many PS1 games out there. I guess you could say Genesis somewhat as well, I'm still finding games for it I've never heard of.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:32:50 pm by Warmsignal »

lordscott

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 01:34:42 pm »
I'll take a shot at this. I recently picked up a game called Time Soldiers for the Master System. Never heard of it before (like many MS games) and I took a chance on it because it looked similar to an Ikari Warriors type game. Haven't played it yet.

Most of the classic games I'm still just finding out about are either Master System because I only recently started to collect games for it, or PS1 because there are just so many PS1 games out there. I guess you could say Genesis somewhat as well, I'm still finding games for it I've never heard of.

Thank you at least 1 person knows exactly what i mean(just in case if you don't know who i meant i meant you) when I'm asking this thanks again and i never heard of the game either :).

Flashback2012

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 01:51:50 pm »
I had this happen the other day. I picked up a PS4 game called Lumo from GS. I saw bikingjahuty post something about the release of Assault Suit Leynos on PS4 so I checked on Gamestop's website to look for and in the process I happened upon the listing for it and Lumo on their Weekly Ad. When I went to the store to pick up Leynos, I saw they had a copy of Lumo in stock so I picked it up as well despite not knowing anything about how it plays. Up until seeing it on their site for sale, I had no idea the game even existed.  ;)

Warmsignal

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 01:54:52 pm »
I had this happen the other day. I picked up a PS4 game called Lumo from GS. I saw bikingjahuty post something about the release of Assault Suit Leynos on PS4 so I checked on Gamestop's website to look for and in the process I happened upon the listing for it and Lumo on their Weekly Ad. When I went to the store to pick up Leynos, I saw they had a copy of Lumo in stock so I picked it up as well despite not knowing anything about how it plays. Up until seeing it on their site for sale, I had no idea the game even existed.  ;)

That PS4 library is starting to tempt me with all sort of obscure titles.... might have to think about getting one... maybe next year, lol. But I might have to start picking the games up now.

Flashback2012

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 02:13:02 pm »
That PS4 library is starting to tempt me with all sort of obscure titles.... might have to think about getting one... maybe next year, lol. But I might have to start picking the games up now.

Probably a good idea. Outside of the Limited Run nonsense, whenever I do see niche titles in my price range for the PS4 I try to snap them up.  :)

stealthrush

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 04:43:23 pm »

I've recently discovered Namco's 1988 arcade beat'em up game Mirai Ninja: Keigumo Kinin Gaiden also nown as Cyber Ninja.
Since many arcade exclusive games bypassed me, I decided to delve into looking further.

Came across Act-Fancer: Cybernetick Hyper Weapon a run'n gun released by Data East in 1989.
Similar gameplay and graphics to Metal Stalker meets Assault Suit Leynos.

dreama1

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 06:34:18 am »
Light's End.

Best thing since Chrono trigger.