Author Topic: New NX Controller Leaked - Pics!  (Read 1986 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

New NX Controller Leaked - Pics!
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:58:29 pm »

http://epicstream.com/news/Leaked-Image-Claims-to-Reveal-What-Nintendo-NX-Looks-Like

I like the NX controller!

It's like if a PSP and a Wii U had a baby.

aliensstudios

Re: New NX Controller Leaked - Pics!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 05:34:07 pm »
Idk, that looks pretty silly, what happens if during an intense gaming session, you pull the controller handles off of the screen?
Only time will tell, but if that is indeed the next system, (a glorified Wii U gamepad) then I don't know how easy this thing will be to sell to the non-believer.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:43:35 pm »
Idk, that looks pretty silly, what happens if during an intense gaming session, you pull the controller handles off of the screen?
Only time will tell, but if that is indeed the next system, (a glorified Wii U gamepad) then I don't know how easy this thing will be to sell to the non-believer.

im assuming it will have some sort of locking mechanism to make sure you cant do just that. to me it look like the pad is either too large to comfortably use or the buttons are just made samller than current ones.

when it is in its smallest configuration (bottom left picture) it looks like the buttons are way too close to the d-pad... like hit right every time you press the Y button close.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:45:45 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 06:24:57 pm »
For sure , thats fake. How  would the screen physically shrink between both sides of the controller? Also, what would be the point? So that it's now more portable like the 3DS?

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 06:26:39 pm »

im assuming it will have some sort of locking mechanism to make sure you cant do just that. to me it look like the pad is either too large to comfortably use or the buttons are just made samller than current ones.

when it is in its smallest configuration (bottom left picture) it looks like the buttons are way too close to the d-pad... like hit right every time you press the Y button close.

The buttons do look too far apart when the screen is attached to me as well, especially the L and R buttons (How are you even supposed to comfortably hit them?) The bottom left configuration looks like a joke, it's like holding a circle, how do they expect people to play that way? The bottom right configuration also looks just a bit too close together for me as well. Also, I'm extremely against the sliders as opposed to analog sticks, my 3DS ones always feel like they are going to break off when I'm playing something intensive to the slider pad.
Hopefully they refine it a scosche before the release like they did with the Wii U's gamepad. Shoot, maybe the GamePad will just be compatible and I'll use that instead.
I just noticed a red flag here too, there's no NFC touchpoint, unless it's in the screen like the New 3DS and also it doesn't appear that  this controller has a touch screen or else you figure they'd show it and I don't see a spot for a stylus to go on this thing to boot.
Also this is kind of nitpicky, but I'm sick of the way Nintendo keeps using the Wii style d-pad and buttons, they really ought to do something new (or old, bring back the SNES/N64 style d-pad, I loved that thing!) to differentiate themselves from a ten-year-old design. Not a fan of the colored buttons either (i know it pays homage to the EU SNES and Super Famicom but it makes it look childish to me)
Only time will tell if this is the REAL controller/console, if it is I hope a few tweaks/refinements are made.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 06:27:53 pm »
For sure , thats fake. How  would the screen physically shrink between both sides of the controller? Also, what would be the point? So that it's now more portable like the 3DS?
The screen detaches it looks like which is perfectly feasible and inline with all of the reports.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 06:29:34 pm »
Very likely a fake more than a leak, especially since there's nothing corroborating the information, even if it adheres the currently rumored design ideas.  Not against the design, but not sure if that's the best design if it turns out to be right at all.  Seems to wide on the sides if it were real and would work better if the sides were contoured more.

necrosexual

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 07:08:59 pm »
oh please. the screen is bigger than what it is when it's pressed together. these 'leaks' are a dime a dozen right now.

i don't mind this concept, but unless the screen is somehow able to fold in on itself and is super flexible, then no.

now if it comes off, then the controller is TOO SMALL and come the hell on, haven't we already decided that ergonomics is very important?? the pro controller on the wii u was the best and only REALLY fantastic one.
i don't... i don't like this at all. i like it when the screen is in, but take it out and i cannot imagine having to play with a disc.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

azure

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 08:00:50 pm »
I hope Nintendo doesn't go with the 3DS style analog pad, doesn't bode well with me for console gaming.

telly

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 08:06:29 pm »
I dunno about this, putting the second analog stick above the face buttons and at the top of the controller just seems off to me...
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

necrosexual

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 08:07:14 pm »
I dunno about this, putting the second analog stick above the face buttons and at the top of the controller just seems off to me...

it shouldn't.

telly

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 08:10:01 pm »

it shouldn't.

I've never used a WiiU pro controller, so maybe I'd get used to it. ;D Also these sticks will be closer to the base of the controller
Currently Playing:

necrosexual

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 08:14:23 pm »

it shouldn't.

I've never used a WiiU pro controller, so maybe I'd get used to it. ;D Also these sticks will be closer to the base of the controller

it's seeming to be standard. i don't LIKE it, mind you, but it's seeming to become nintendo's standard layout.
it's not too awful. you don't notice it after about 10 minutes.

telly

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 08:20:36 pm »
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that with the sticks above the buttons, it limits your ability to input commands while your using the joystick because your thumb is in the way. In Ace Combat for example, I need to be able to fire missiles while navigating in 3D space, so I often use my index finger to press the O button rather than take my thumb off the stick. It's not a dealbreaker for sure, but I'm not crazy about it either.

Also keep in mind, I'm pretty sure every controller except the WiiU has had the analog stick underneath the face buttons. I'd say that's still the standard.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:22:19 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 09:35:53 pm »