Author Topic: Resident Evil VS Fatal Frame VS Silent Hill:which is more popular franchise  (Read 2202 times)

lordscott

& before you say oh I'm comparing them don't even go there I'm only asking both in your opinions & from experiences about all 3 horror franchises and if you want to say both here in US & Japan releases if you feel like saying what you think of how well do they do both here in US & Japan then that's fine with me & it's OK with me only if you want to & only if you want to discuss it.

& I'm OK with it if you're a fan of 2 them or all 3 of them or if you're a fan only 1 of them have fun discussing it & discuss about your favorite games & enjoy :).

Flashback2012

Resident Evil - Silent Hill - Fatal Frame

In that order.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

^ End of thread.

Did you mean which is your favorite?

If that's the case, then Resident Evil, for me. I LOVE zombie movies, and the RE games (the early ones, at least) is basically playing through a zombie-flick.

On a side note, George Romero (creator of Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, etc.) was originally working on the first Resident Evil movie. I have an entire article/interview in an issue of EGM with him about it. But then he left due to irreconcilable creative differences.

I bet Romero's RE movie series would've been 20 times better than Anderson's.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:33:06 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

This time I'm not sure what you're asking. Which one has had better sales or which one do we like more?

If it's the latter, then my order goes: Fatal Frame > Silent Hill >>> Resident Evil.

azure

Resident Evil > Silent Hill > Fatal Frame

In terms of popularity, it's pretty clearly RE, SH, and then FF.  Not much debate there could be had.  Personally, I prefer the RE series as someone that likes more actiony games, though I don't like playing any of the games Pre-RE4.  RE4 & RE5 would be my favorites.

stealthrush

Favorite will always be Team Silent Silent Hill series followed by Fatal Frame.

dashv

PRO Supporter

In that order.

Pretty much.

As for my favorite... I'm gonna pull a Kashell and write in my own candidate...

Alan Wake
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition is a pretty close second

In that order.

I'll, uh... fifth(?) that. Fatal frame is arguably the least well known, the RE the most popular (though perhaps 'infamous' might be better at this point, haha... Revelations 2 was absolute shit... at least what I managed to play of it  :( ).

I'll, uh... fifth(?) that. Fatal frame is arguably the least well known, the RE the most popular (though perhaps 'infamous' might be better at this point, haha... Revelations 2 was absolute shit... at least what I managed to play of it  :( ).

Really? While I didn't love Revelations 2, I thought it was way better than Revelations 1 (I only played it for a few hours), and I'd take it over RE6 any day. It was generally pretty enjoyable and the first time I've really enjoyed RE since RE5 I'd say.

Just to say this though, whatever RE7 turns out to be, whether good or bad, I'm just glad that it seemingly has no co-op in it and I could not be happier for that.  So much tension is removed when you have a partner that is helping you.  While I think it's aping too much from games like Amnesia and Outlast, no co-op is a big thumbsup.

kashell

Alan Wake

I forgot to do that! Thanks for the reminder.

While Fatal Frame II might be my favorite, I have to give an honorable mention to Rule of Rose. Goodness gracious, that game was creepy.

Really? While I didn't love Revelations 2, I thought it was way better than Revelations 1 (I only played it for a few hours), and I'd take it over RE6 any day. It was generally pretty enjoyable and the first time I've really enjoyed RE since RE5 I'd say.

Never played RE:R1, except for the demo, or RE6. But I think that RE:R2 was not fun at all, and that's what killed the game for me. I even played both campaign and the mercs mode with a friend, and it was just waaay too boring (or, in the case of mercs mode, a bit annoying since you have to share the ammo). I couldn't finish the campaign, the gameplay was just too railroaded and it just didn't keep me interested.

This is, however, coming from someone who is no lover of Capcom. I don't tend to take it easy on them when it comes to game opinions... hell, I'm still confused as to why RE:5 scored so damn high. I really liked mercs mode (wish they would have kept that format instead), but that was my favorite part.  :(

dashv

PRO Supporter

Alan Wake

I forgot to do that! Thanks for the reminder.

While Fatal Frame II might be my favorite, I have to give an honorable mention to Rule of Rose. Goodness gracious, that game was creepy.

Never heard of Rule of Rose. I'll have to look into it.

This is, however, coming from someone who is no lover of Capcom. I don't tend to take it easy on them when it comes to game opinions... hell, I'm still confused as to why RE:5 scored so damn high. I really liked mercs mode (wish they would have kept that format instead), but that was my favorite part.  :(

Never particularly loved the merc modes. Played them abit in RE4, but I'm not really a fan of time trials and fighting off waves of enemies.  RE4 and RE5 are my favorite RE games by a long shot, though RE5 is a much lesser game due to co-op, poor AI (that they eventually did patch), and continued that deeper push into the action focus that became RE6.  Plus they got rid of the Attache Case inventory system.  Loved that lol All it did though was take what was RE4 at a 9.5 and make RE5, like a 7.  Still pretty good, but you could see that they were losing their way.

telly

In terms of which is the most popular franchise overall, definitely RE>SH>FF, at least in NA.

For which franchise I like more, it's hard for me to say. I love SH2, but IMO there are only 3 games in the whole Silent Hill franchise that are good, which puts it on par with what Resident Evil has to offer.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:10:21 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery