Author Topic: Diablo 3 release date announced!  (Read 1010 times)

jobocan

Diablo 3 release date announced!
« on: March 15, 2012, 12:22:52 pm »
May 15th, not too far away! Let's just hope it won't get delayed...

I played the beta (which I never received an email saying I had access to it... I just stumbled upon it on my account...). It was pretty entertaining, but there are a few questionable elements, like no way to customize your character's stats beyond finding equipment. Still seems like a fun game, the gameplay is quite solid so far. My favorite class right now is the Demon Hunter but every other class seems pretty solid as well.

jcalder8

Re: Diablo 3 release date announced!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:38:11 pm »
I enjoyed the first one but I didn't put very much time into the second, maybe I'll check out the third once it's out.

scott

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:52:47 pm »
Finally. I'll make sure to buffer my bank account for it, since I've got the Collector's Edition pre-ordered. I'm fine with the May release, but I wonder how many people freaked out about it not being released by March.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:20 pm »
Finally. I'll make sure to buffer my bank account for it, since I've got the Collector's Edition pre-ordered. I'm fine with the May release, but I wonder how many people freaked out about it not being released by March.

I'm frankly surprised to finally have a release date, I sort of expected Blizzard to troll us all and release it next year :P

*Edit*
I just realized I put this topic on the wrong board, wanted to put it in Modern Games.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:03:03 pm by jobocan »

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:35:05 pm »
Nice! Time for me to pre-order!

scott

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 04:08:43 pm »

I'm frankly surprised to finally have a release date, I sort of expected Blizzard to troll us all and release it next year :P

I wouldn't have been surprised. How long did we wait for Diablo II?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 04:16:58 pm »
I wouldn't have been surprised. How long did we wait for Diablo II?

I always forget that Diablo II came out in 2000. Has it really been 12 whole years? This is crazy :P
At least D2 was just 4 years after the original. And it was a MASSIVE step up IMO.

madmax

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 06:24:38 pm »
The lack of customizable stats might make it or break it for me. Diablo was pretty much the first real game I played (not educational). I played it with my dad back when he was cool :P We would sit down and play for hours and sometimes he even woke me up at like 2 am and was like "I'm at a boss, I want you to see this"