Author Topic: November 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 16483 times)

Re: November 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2016, 01:11:08 am »
Pokemon Sun and Moon. Me n the wife are having a blast :D

My GF and I are playing Sun and Moon respectively while watching the Pokemon movies, it's awesome :)

Awesome! I got Moon n my wife has Sun. (mostly cuz I wanted the bat legendary and she wants to name Sun's legendary Lion cuz we're SU nerds XD) Our show of choice for the evening is Reboot cuz I randomly got the urge to download and watch it since my childhood.

azure

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2016, 01:14:27 am »

The endless cycle of countless hours into the new main series Pokemon game, once again begins.

telly

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2016, 06:53:06 pm »
Picked up Pokemon Moon yesterday! I always buy Pokemon games day one, but I haven't played a Pokemon game since White, so I'm very interested in diving in and seeing how much has changed. :) It's good to be back with one of the series I identified so much with as a kid/ high schooler.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

realpoketendonl

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2016, 07:25:28 pm »
Got two DS Cards from the Dutch eBay.

First up the R4. I mainly got it because I now have 35 DS games, and I thought it'd be convenient to carry around the simpler games that don't rely on personal save data that much (Mario Kart, Mario Party, puzzle games, etc) around on an R4 to play on my old DS Lite. Unfortunately it isn't working that well. My DS Lite seems to be having a lot of trouble staying connected to the card. I have to reset my DS a couple of times before it even registers the card, and even then after playing a game for a while it has a tendency to lock up after a while. Not to mention, some of my newer games crash the card, and I can't find a firmware update to fix it. Oh well, I guess that's the risk with flashcards.

And then the other game. Yeah, let me give you some background on that. I like to occasionally place very low bids on shovelware DS games. You never know, maybe you get something out of it, and often the games are enjoyable in a so-bad-they're-funny way. This game cost me a grand total of €3, but you probably have no clue who are on the cover.
Those girls are the former members of Belgian girl band K3. Having been active for over over 15 years now, they're one of the biggest makers of childrens music in both the Netherlands and Belgium. They're the type of group every little girl loves and every little boy pretends to hate. I'll admit it, I like their music. It's not in my personal playlist, but I like it. Plus I'm somewhat nostalgic for them, so when I saw an offer for K3 Karaoke online, I thought 'why the hell not' and bid €1. Worst case it's another game for my DS collection that'll never be complete. And judging from the screenshots I thought it would probably at least be pretty funny. Much to my surprise I actually won it, and here it is.
As you'd expect, the game's terrible, and sadly not really funny either apart from the DS 3D-models. But hey, it was €1 and it has K3 in it, so I'm not complaining.

I'd also love to say I got Pokémon Sun, but I can't.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:09:27 pm by realpoketendonl »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2016, 07:57:40 pm »
$80 for all this. I waited more than 8 years to get that Vesperia.

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2016, 08:52:31 am »
$80 for all this. I waited more than 8 years to get that Vesperia.
That SE is the only reason I still don't own Vesperia.

Finally got back from my work trip to Montgomery Alabama.

Some of this is mail, some of this is GS, some of this is random finds across Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, and Alabama.

Vectorman 2 (Gen)
Danger Girl (PS1)
Demolition Racer (DC)
Pokemon Sun + Moon + Steelbook (3DS)
Ontamarama (DS)

All purchases online, mostly great prices (Pokemon was near retail obviously)

Stopped at a goodwill in Houston and I think the only thing of value was an Umbreon plushie for 60 cents.  They had a few PS1 games for about $3/each but they were dupes for me, so I left them.  Wish I had grabbed the Chrono Cross, but it's okay, I'm sure some filthy reseller grabbed it by now.

Stopped at a random goodwill next to a gas station (not planned actually, pure coincidence) and picked up that Star Wars KOTOR 2 for $3.  Somewhere in Louisiana, probably Baton Rouge.

Made a trip down to New Orleans to go to the French Quarter for the afternoon, but stopped at a Goodwill in Slidell, just north of New Orleans on that way, found that Def Jam Fight for NY for $5 I think.

Stopped at a Gamestop in various towns and picked up Wheelman, MorphX, and Saboteur.

Hit a pawn shop during lunch in Montgomery and they were doing 2 for $10 on PS3 games, but they only had like 8 games total, so I grabbed Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection (with artbook) and Enchanted Arms.

Went to dinner with some co-workers to a suggested (put pretty bad) restaurant.  a few doors down was a retro game store, they closed a few minutes before we arrived, so I decided that I'd go stop by there before I left town to head back home in the morning.

Went in and chatted some while looking around.  Apparently the market is kind of messed up in this area, because there are more resellers and scalpers than collectors, so the stores pay closer to retail for trades than most places would.  As such, they can't budge on the prices.  I actually asked, and they said that depending on what the game is, they might be able to work on the prices.  so I grabbed a handful of games and asked if they could work on the prices any.  Owner walks in when I ask, so he takes each game and checks ebay for prices and jokes about charging me more if the price is wrong.  I don't deal with that crap, so I was prepared to just walk out at this point.  But I reiterated that I really only wanted to know if they would work on the price for Super Troll Islands, they had it priced a little more than I wanted to pay.  So he said that he couldn't do any better on the price.  But the fact that Rayman, Tempest 2000, and Mr. Nutz had been priced so cheaply, it didn't bother me too much, so I grabbed those and a few pokemon cards for my wife (Who still complained because I didn't buy her ENOUGH pokemon cards, way to be appreciative).

Rayman (Jag) CIB
Tempest 2000 (Jag) CIB
Mr. Nutz (SNES)
Super Troll Islands (SNES)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:12:34 am by ignition365 »

rayne315

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2016, 12:54:56 pm »
so over the weekend I managed to find a copy of haunting grounds for a good deal out in the wild. It was at a gaming store that I don't usually go to but for some reason they had 4 copies. when I asked about why they had so many I was told that some guy brought in 6 of them and that was what was left.... why the hell would you have 6 copies of any game let alone sell them all at once to a store that probably only gave you $100 for the 6.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2016, 01:11:09 pm »
so over the weekend I managed to find a copy of haunting grounds for a good deal out in the wild. It was at a gaming store that I don't usually go to but for some reason they had 4 copies. when I asked about why they had so many I was told that some guy brought in 6 of them and that was what was left.... why the hell would you have 6 copies of any game let alone sell them all at once to a store that probably only gave you $100 for the 6.
Store I hit over the weekend had 2 copies of Rule of Rose, said one guy traded them in.  1 CIB for $175 and 1 sealed for $400.  The CIB one was gone same day.

azure

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2016, 02:19:46 pm »
*snipped*

I spy an SD Char Zaku II, nice! I love the older SD kits.

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2016, 04:11:38 pm »
*snipped*

I spy an SD Char Zaku II, nice! I love the older SD kits.
SD Gundam is best Gundam.

spac316

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2016, 10:36:23 pm »
Got Gun for XBox and the final two cars for the Mario Hotwheels set I recently started!

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2016, 02:41:26 am »
I've had to severely cut back on collecting and hunting since I've gone back to school but this November has been particularly kind to me.  This habit is hard to quit.

I have cut back on buying new releases for the most part but I picked up the Pokemon Sun/Moon Steel Book pack and have been dutifully been keeping up with the Limited Run releases. 

A few weeks ago, I was able to snag a copy of Under Defeat: HD Edition PS3 and ZOE: HD collection Limited Edition PS3 for $25 total and I was able to get Zelda: Skyward Sword w/ Soundtrack CD and a bunch of shovelware Wii games for $10 but this may be my haul of the year.

Found a guy that sold me all of this for $200

MGS V PS4 collectors edition sealed
MGS HD Collection LE PS3 sealed
MGS: The Essential Collection PS2 sealed
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance LE ps3 opened but CIB
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance strategy guide opened
Metal Gear Solid 4 limited edition opened but CIB
Metal Gear Solid 4 strategy guide opened
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 and 2 sealed
and most importantly and the main thing I wanted:
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence limited edition (red cover) sealed
+MGS4 bluetooth earpiece
+Sealed Copy of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PS4
+ 2XL Metal Gear Solid 4 T-Shirt thrown in because why not.  Really nice guy, for any Portlanders, he's also selling this really impressive Halo collection, check craigslist. 

Now to convince my girlfriend that I need even more shelving in our house for a MGS shrine... haha

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2016, 02:00:35 pm »
I got an original Sega Master System with an Alex Kidd game (with box), and Transbot Sega Card (CIB), 2 Master System controllers, and hook-ups for $75.

Did I do good?

Last time I had to buy one of these, I paid $25 for the Power Base Converter on the Genesis. Now that thing is even more than the real Master System. I hate the rising prices of this stuff.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:07:28 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2016, 03:28:58 pm »
I got an original Sega Master System with an Alex Kidd game (with box), and Transbot Sega Card (CIB), 2 Master System controllers, and hook-ups for $75.

Did I do good?

Last time I had to buy one of these, I paid $25 for the Power Base Converter on the Genesis. Now that thing is even more than the real Master System. I hate the rising prices of this stuff.

I'd say you did alright.  Now to find those cool games.  Penguin Land is a dandy!

« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2016, 04:59:46 pm »
Picked these up in the past week:
Leaderboard Golf Genesis cib .5$
WWF Warzone PS1 cib 1.49$
Driver PS1 cib 1.49$
Frogger PS1 1.67$
Crash Wrath of Cortex loose 2.99$
NBA Street greatest hits PS2 1.67$
NBA live 07 PS2 lose free
Frogger Plug in Play 2.5$