Author Topic: Do you own any Pop! figures?  (Read 2025 times)

Do you own any Pop! figures?
« on: November 04, 2016, 04:32:34 pm »
I have been bitten by the Pop! vinyls and dorbz series bug recently, I have been fully hooked. :) I got MegaMan and Dr Wily pop vinly figures. I ordered 2 6 inch Godzilla pops as well :D.

They are soooo fun to collect and put on a shelf. I love how you can take them out of the box and put them back in pretty easily too, they are pretty cool. So many to collect too.

Do you own any Pops! figures and do you like them? :D

rayne315

Re: Do you own any Pop! figures?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 04:37:22 pm »
my gf LOVES them if it came out and its Disney/Pixar/universal she owns it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 05:00:53 pm »
I only have Reaper from Overwatch and a Brotherhood of Steel guy from Fallout.  I might grab a couple more for the heck of it, but I'm not too huge into the uniformity of their designs, so anything that stands out abit more, usually masked, or unique interests me.  Oh and I did grab the Godzilla one.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 05:15:00 pm »
I personally don't see the point in them, they are of poor quality and there are hundreds of them, so trying collect them all doesn't make sense to me. If i wanted a pop culture figurine i'd buy a high quality one that actually looks like the character.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 05:26:59 pm »
I have a few random ones that were gifted to me, but I've never gone out and purchased any as I really don't care for them. Those beady little eyes coupled with the complete lack of expression just doesn't do anything for me.

Oddly though, I loved one of their predecessors, Mighty Muggs. While they did all have the same mold, the deigns on them gave them character. Out of the two dozen or so of them that I have, I'd put Revan and Dr. Doom as my favorites.

soera

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 05:34:41 pm »
I have all of the Diablo and Elder Scrolls pop. I also have 4 different Dr Strange ones as well as the full Sailor moon set.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 05:43:10 pm »
Yeah the cheapness and repetitive style of them keeps me from getting into Pop figures too seriously.  On the other hand, McFarlane has a new line of branded semi-articulated figurines that are just under 20 bucks that might hook me in if they get more properties.  They have a lot of Walking Dead right now, but they are branching into games and anime as they'll have Attack on Titan ones soon.  These could be a problem for me if they start getting more I like, cause I totally need the Mikasa figure lol

Oh man, if they like get the Overwatch license...That could be bad lol

Also I feel bad if anyone gets too hooked to collecting Pop figures.  There are just so many lol Though the one good thing is that they are constantly on sale because stores get too many.  "Buy 10, get 5! Please! TAKE THESE OUT OF OUR STORE, THERE ARE SO MANY, WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!"

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5b/b6/79/5bb67936a16ac52fd80699adfabe3544.jpg
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:47:44 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 07:56:38 pm »
I have most of the Borderlands figures, but in my opinion the quality is not so good. Amiibo figures are much more better!

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 08:11:51 pm »
I've been close to getting a couple in the past but have always talked myself out of them, I'm not a huge fan of the look so would rather waste my money on amiibos which at least look neat, idk how well constructed those are because i haven't unboxed any yet.

shepard11

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 09:27:29 pm »
I don't want to talk bout it. My wife and I have over 80 now. My favorite ones are Mega Man and Ghostbusters.

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 10:18:46 pm »
I don't want to talk bout it. My wife and I have over 80 now. My favorite ones are Mega Man and Ghostbusters.

;D   I love the MegaMan one so much. The metallic blue paint is so awesome :D

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 10:26:28 pm »
I have most of the Borderlands figures, but in my opinion the quality is not so good. Amiibo figures are much more better!

I think the pops are fairly well constructed too :)  Amiibos are more of a resin or hard plastic statue and not really a vinyl rubber style figure so that is why the construction and detail is different. But amongst other vinyl figurines I think pops hold their own especially at the price point. But with some of the pop figures the color can bleed and not be perfect which sucks.  I love both though :D.   I do agree Amiibos have the slight edge :D

anagar

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 10:45:19 pm »
I only have two which are Vault Boy from Fallout and the Alien Queen from Aliens. I am probably going to pick up Mega Man and Proto Man cause they look cool.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

aliensstudios

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 01:00:28 am »
No, though some of them seem cool. The art style deviates a bit too much from the source material for my liking. I have enough on my plate with 50+ amiibo figures.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 01:59:01 am »
I lived in a POP free home up until a few months ago. My GF had to get the Big Daddy POP from Bioshock, and then we saw Ghostbusters and she needed to get Holtzman. Then last month it was Elvira. I don't see the appeal in them, but she likes them.