Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 61572 times)

telly

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2017, 12:44:13 pm »
Just beat Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom...it wasn't good. Not recommended. At all. But hey, I didn't want to add ANOTHER unfinished game to the backlog, and this one was really short, so I figured why not beat it?

Awww, I remember that game very fondly from my childhood :( I haven't played it in a long time though, and maybe the PC version is different from console.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:46:06 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2017, 01:21:25 pm »
Just beat Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom...it wasn't good. Not recommended. At all. But hey, I didn't want to add ANOTHER unfinished game to the backlog, and this one was really short, so I figured why not beat it?

Awww, I remember that game very fondly from my childhood :( I haven't played it in a long time though, and maybe the PC version is different from console.

It is, the PC version isn't the great 3D platformer collect-a-thon like it was on console.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2017, 02:54:25 pm »

It is, the PC version isn't the great 3D platformer collect-a-thon like it was on console.

It definitely is. The PC version is just a minigame collection, and not a good one. Many of the minigames are slow, tedious, and last WAY too long.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2017, 10:23:03 pm »
Finished my first game of 2017! Pony Island on the PC! Currently in the $1 tier on the Humble Bundle, if you haven't checked it out you should. Might do a full review tomorrow, might not. IDK but definitely a fun game!

kashell

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2017, 08:28:23 am »
Reviews for both Siren and Red Ninja: End of Honor have been posted on my list. I also need to start writing a review for Mega Man and Bass for the Game Boy Advance.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2017, 03:42:44 pm »
Beat my 2nd game in as many weeks! Short games on my steam backlog are definitely gonna help me this year! Review up at my post https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7980.msg132284.html#msg132284

abe

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2017, 09:55:15 pm »
Finished up Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson tonight. I remember not really liking it too much when I first started playing it in 2015, so I stopped for a while. I picked it back up recently and played it to completion and found that it was quite enjoyable. Aside from a few rather unbalanced boss fights, I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I gave it a second chance and saw it through to the end.

Finished (replayed games are in purple) Full List Here
    3. Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (3DS) Jan-13
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2017, 08:50:51 am »
I probably won't be able to complete that challenge but i think it will be fun to track how many games i have finished during the year.

The first game i have beat this year is Final Fantasy XV (on PS4), i was a bit hesitant to start it since it's the first FF i play since FF13 (who was a big disappointment for me) and what i've seen of the game before the release didn't really help but that was a pretty good surprise, what I believed being it's biggest flaw, the new combat system, is actually pretty fun (of course it makes me remember of the Kingdom Hearts series and now i'm really waiting for KH3  8)). The game have flaws of course, some part of the story are a bit anticlimactic, the side-quests are (mostly) boring and repetitive and Prompto can be really annoying (still way less than Vanille) but overall it was a pretty fun ride. I finished it in 93 hours and 28 minutes (i'm the type who want to explore everywhere and do everything available before doing the main quest  :-[) and i'm probably going back to do the post-game stuff while i wait for the DLC to be released.

List of games i've beat in 2017 :
1 • Final Fantasy XV (PS4 - 93h28 - 9 January)

Games i'm actually playing :

Destiny (PS4) : i brought it because my nephews (that i sometimes keep) really like that game but i mostly play it to pass time, i will see if i'm able to finish it.

Skyrim (Steam) : I finished the main game during 2012 on 360 but i really wanted to replay it since the DLC are out, so during summer 2016, i installed everything, fully moded my game with the biggest mods (Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, the Forgotten City, Beyond Reach, Legacy of the Dragonborn, ect...) and i'm trying to do a complete run of everything (with almost 95 hours on this run, i'm level 45 and i have to say i'm nowhere near the end of anything yet, i really like to take my time reading and exploring everything  :-[).

Games i'm planning to play :

Star Ocean 5 (PS4) : That game is one of the main reason i bought a PS4 and yet i still haven't played it, i really need to change that fact.

Assassin's Creed (PC or Xbox 360) : The first game of the series i'm planning to play during the year and i still haven't started it, that need to change too.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:52:33 am by metshael »

abe

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2017, 02:23:03 pm »
Hoshi no Kirby: Yume no Izumi no Monogatari marks my fourth finished game of the year so far. This is actually the first time I've finished the original Kirby's Adventure, and it makes me really appreciate just how good of a remake Nightmare in Dreamland on the GBA is. I had fun, but the slowdown and the awful Retro Duo controller I was using to play it with did take away from the experience.

4. Hoshi no Kirby: Yume no Izumi no Monogatari (Famicom) Jan-14

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2017, 09:10:35 am »
I'm off to a slow start, because all of those dumb stars, but Super Mario 3D World.

shfan

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2017, 03:12:01 am »
#1 Resident Evil 4 (PS4)

Welp, it's one of my top 3 games and it's been a good few years since I played through it, so it's been a blast. The PS4 version is certainly crisp looking, though there were some annoying borders on the screen, Leon and co also have a bit of an 'uncanny valley' look to them with all that surface fuzz removed, not being able to aim and move at the same time is as jarring as ever, but quality shines through in this one. Just wish there were more trophies, a very half-arsed effort on Capcom's part there.

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2017, 01:38:53 am »
1 - Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4 2016) - BEAT - While I can't compare it exactly with the previous game, since it's been too long, overall I feel this is the better game with the added mobility options and feeling abit better put together with its story and such.  Kinda funny how this game ended up mirroring Uncharted abit with both getting a grappling hook, but overall, I think I like the Tomb Raider series, as it is now, abit more than Uncharted.  Uncharted does characters better and of course pacing is better in a linear experience, but I like finding all the little tombs scattered about and the all the upgrade stuff with weapons and outfits you get.  When you beat the game, you funnily get PS1 Lara costumes to wear, down to being super polygonal and pointy, and there's Angel of Darkness era Lara, which is more fun to use, since she looks slightly more human, though its hilarious to remember what Lara use to be lol Jarring to see ingame, because she's gangly looking in comparison to default Lara, though this is what I'll be using if I decide to do the extra content.

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2017, 03:46:04 pm »
Off to a decent start for the year:

1) Lego Batman 3 (Base game 100% complete) - Surprisingly short for a Lego game these days; I'd put it as the second shortest to complete overall (1st being Lego Star Wars 1). And because of the small length, you never really get to play around with all the characters. Pity.

2) Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Story Mode, Parallel Quests completed) - Started this right at the end of the year, but the game's effectively done. All that's left are the semi-broken expert missions and the combo challenges (which continue the genre's tradition of being painfully aggravating). Overall, I'd say the game's an improvement over the first one in all aspects but the story, as it just felt like a rehashing of the first one with the movie villains randomly thrown in (It started off good with Turles and Slug, but not so much after that).

abe

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2017, 09:15:15 pm »
If I can keep up this pace year-long, I actually have a chance of finishing the challenge this year. :o Finished up Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 with both characters and just the regular endings. I had a lot of fun and at some point I'll get around to finishing with the true endings for both characters.

5. Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (3DS) Jan-18

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2017, 04:30:31 am »
3 - Resident Evil: Revelations (PC 2013) - 9 HOURS BEAT - I've been a bit excited for RE7 and so I kinda wanted to get in the mood for it by playing an RE game, but wasn't really wanting to replay 4 or 5 and I ain't touching 6, but I realized I hadn't beaten RE: Revelations. 

It's okay. 

I should hate it more, because it's basically a simpler version of RE6, but it has just a bit of feel reminiscent to RE5 at times, that I'm okay with it, though still very much like RE6.  It does have a few great monster designs and one of the bosses could be the grossest I've seen in most any RE game.  The last boss is basically like a Ganon fight too lol  I also like that the co-op partner use is minimal as shit.  No shared inventories, no having to look after your partner, while still being useful! But again, there's 3 teams of playable characters, there's two turret sections, there isn't much puzzling, the scanner is not fun to use in every single room, and the story is stupid and full of plot holes and easy to figure out way early on.  I'd recommend it over RE6, but only one above.  RE4,5, and Revelations 2 are better for the modern games.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:32:44 am by kamikazekeeg »