Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch Discussion  (Read 21511 times)

Re: The Nintendo Switch Discussion
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2017, 10:26:34 pm »
Yeah, I think MK8 Deluxe should be a launch title. In my view, it's just a port with added battle modes and characters/karts. But what would I know?

Yeah for a game that had so little added to it, they really should've tried to get it out at launch or even within the first month at like a 40 dollar price tag.

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2017, 02:48:56 pm »
Hey everyone :), I have a question about the pre orders if someone can help. When you pre order the switch does that mean they reserve consoles for you? Or is it still a first come first serve basis and non preorder customers can still buy one? If I were to not preorder the switch and then show up as early as possible way before doors open and be the first in. will they still sell me one? Or do they reserve them for the preorder customers until the next week or so?  Thanks for any explaining.  :D

rayne315

« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2017, 10:34:16 am »
Hey everyone :), I have a question about the pre orders if someone can help. When you pre order the switch does that mean they reserve consoles for you? Or is it still a first come first serve basis and non preorder customers can still buy one? If I were to not preorder the switch and then show up as early as possible way before doors open and be the first in. will they still sell me one? Or do they reserve them for the preorder customers until the next week or so?  Thanks for any explaining.  :D

people who preordered it are guaranteed a copy. people who did not still have a chance to get one but then it is on a first come first serve basis for the consoles that aren't designated for a pre order. keep in mind gamestop will most likely get around 5 or less spare consoles so its probably more effective going to a walmart, target, best buy, etc for it as they are likely to get more spares than gamestop.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

argyle

« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2017, 03:22:21 pm »
Well I'm super happy - spoke with a friend of mine at Gamestop a couple weeks ago and he said he was on the fence about keeping his BofW Master Edition he had preordered - said I'd be the first person he contacted if he decided to pass on it. He got back with me last week & said he was definitely passing, and he's selling it to me for his cost. :)

I'm a huge Zelda fan, and he said he wasn't really so he couldn't justify the extra cost. Less than a month to go!! :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2017, 05:45:22 pm »
Well I'm super happy - spoke with a friend of mine at Gamestop a couple weeks ago and he said he was on the fence about keeping his BofW Master Edition he had preordered - said I'd be the first person he contacted if he decided to pass on it. He got back with me last week & said he was definitely passing, and he's selling it to me for his cost. :)

I'm a huge Zelda fan, and he said he wasn't really so he couldn't justify the extra cost. Less than a month to go!! :D

I've been teetering around on that myself.  I have thought about getting it and seeing if a friend wants to trade for the special edition.  I like the little statue, but I think I might instead get the special edition and use that 30 bucks saved to put towards the collector hard back strategy guide.

tpugmire

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2017, 06:24:34 pm »
I really wanted the master edition but could never find it, so I settled on just the regular game.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2017, 06:37:34 pm »
I really wanted the master edition but could never find it, so I settled on just the regular game.

Yeah it sold out instantly.  I was lucky to get it and as a Zelda collector, its kinda of a big deal, but I've had to reconsider my collecting habits, even for Zelda.

tpugmire

« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2017, 07:30:38 pm »
Well hey, keep me in mind if you do go that route.  ;)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2017, 11:27:47 pm »

people who preordered it are guaranteed a copy. people who did not still have a chance to get one but then it is on a first come first serve basis for the consoles that aren't designated for a pre order. keep in mind gamestop will most likely get around 5 or less spare consoles so its probably more effective going to a walmart, target, best buy, etc for it as they are likely to get more spares than gamestop.

Thank you :D, that makes me feel much better about my chances of getting one. I was planning on trying the Walmart first too.  I assumed they would have a few spares for the general public but wanted confirmation. :). The Walmart is right up the street from my house. I will wake up really early and try to be the first inside so I can try to get one of the spares.   

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2017, 05:00:37 pm »
Remember when Call of Duty: Whatever came out and it had the COD4 multiplayer with it for free and folks were nuts for it? 

What do y'all think about this "What if"?  What if Nintendo rereleased some of those beloved games for big franchises at budget prices for the Switch?  Do you think it would help sell the system?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2017, 06:11:21 pm »
Remember when Call of Duty: Whatever came out and it had the COD4 multiplayer with it for free and folks were nuts for it? 

What do y'all think about this "What if"?  What if Nintendo rereleased some of those beloved games for big franchises at budget prices for the Switch?  Do you think it would help sell the system?

Absolutely. Super Mario Bros. is what initially sold so many NES's, and that was during even worse circumstances, after the video game crash. Same mentality could work here.

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2017, 08:06:23 pm »

In what way?  Is that not what the Virtual Console is?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2017, 09:35:00 pm »

In what way?  Is that not what the Virtual Console is?

I would say physical, so folks can see it at GameStop

I don't think last gen's big, AAA titles has ever been done. Gotta get the bros excited about your console.

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2017, 09:46:22 pm »
Oh I think I see what you mean now. I  thought you just meant for Nintendo to release their old hits, for which honestly, a "Nintendo Classics" line of remastered old games would be cool, but you mean grabbing fan favorite games from other companies and bringing them back like they did with Call of Duty 4.  Not sure what games that would even work for that are even on that level.  A lot of games have gotten remastered versions already and anything else that would work are exclusive to Xbox or Sony.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2017, 09:32:55 am »
I was thinking games like COD4, KoToR, GTA: IV, BioShock, Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy, Red Dead Redemption...

I'm just thinking of fan favorites that folks might have been too young to really enjoy, might have just skipped, or they played and would want to go back to them. 

Maybe skip the ones that already have a remaster.  I don't know.  I'm just spitballing here.